Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
thanks but what exactly do i have to do to it?
also what sought of track are u using this on? cuase im on low grip bumpy aphsalt? will it work or not ideal?
cheers
Any car will work on any surface/condition as long as you have it set-up correctly for that surface...make sure you have the right tires, and the right set up for low traction asphalt track and you should be fine...go to Schumacher website and get some set-up ideas from the team driver posted set up sheets and copy what they have on your car. I recommend something like Paul Wynn 2007 Reedy Race for mod, or Weylin Rose 2007 Reedy race for 19T or stock...great starting set ups. The white kit springs front and rear is a good staring point, with 30wt shock oil, 3 hole pistons, etc...If you need set up help, just let us know we'll be most happy to help you.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

thanks but what exactly do i have to do to it?
also what sought of track are u using this on? cuase im on low grip bumpy aphsalt? will it work or not ideal?
cheers
you just need to make the hole for the spool a little larger with a body reamer
Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by abailey21
Call me tomorrow, i can get you setup with an MI-3 first thing in the morning, no waiting on hobby shops to get one in

Won't sales like this eventually hurt the hobby. Soon there wont even be any brick an motar hobby shops and there wont be any online hobby shops. We will have to order everything for our race cars from the manufactures and then we can go race them in our backyards. It will be awesome when I have to pay 100 for shipping on 10, 5 dollar items casue I will have to order them from 10 different places. YAY
Old 08-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm looking for a 6 cell MI3 roller. Please send me a PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk
Won't sales like this eventually hurt the hobby. Soon there wont even be any brick an motar hobby shops and there wont be any online hobby shops. We will have to order everything for our race cars from the manufactures and then we can go race them in our backyards. It will be awesome when I have to pay 100 for shipping on 10, 5 dollar items casue I will have to order them from 10 different places. YAY

Well when a guy comes on here and asks when his hobby shops will get it, obviously his hobby shop is not carrying new cars or is a manufacturer biased guy; I personally see it all the time. I’ve seen local hobby shops here say we have to wait 6 months for one when I have some ready to ship right now. So yes and no, it hurts the hobby shop yes, and no it’s not my fault if the hobby shop doesn’t call us to place and order for them. It makes you know you don’t have to wait 6 months for a car or parts because the manufacturer is a phone call away.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Yes but i would think that getting more hobby shops to support your product is the name of the game unless schuie is planing on opening tracks for every racer making hobby shops mad is not good practice.the best way to handle it is to ask for there local hobby shop an get in contact with them to try an sell them your product. With the same support to them as u would to a person who calls. this is not to bash you but some hobby shops will lose faith in manufactures when they under cut them
Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think schuie is doing the right thing bye supporting racers whose hobbies shops for reasons unknown wont stock schumacher gear. a person has a right to run what ever car they want if their hobby store doesnt carry the brand then its their lost. end of story imo.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

All is true to some point. I guess it depends on your local hobbyshop because some will refuse to order unless it comes from Horizon or Great Planes. Alot of companies sell to the public outright, some use a distributor, and some actually do both like lets say Custom Works and Trinity.

Not everyone has access to a great hobbyshop either. I'm fortunate my shop owner will order from anyplace if I need something because he has know me for years and if I order something special I will pay for it whether I still need it or not.

IMO great hobbyshops are hard to find. We have lots of franchise shops but that don't mean they are good and to be honest I find most of the franchise places don't have people that know about alot of the hobbies they sell.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

i think schuie is doing the right thing bye supporting racers whose hobbies shops for reasons unknown wont stock schumacher gear. a person has a right to run what ever car they want if their hobby store doesnt carry the brand then its their lost. end of story imo.
i agree Hobbytown USA in Tampa will not order shuie parts at all,thats why i drive to shuie and buy from them or i order from Fast track
Old 08-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

I just thought it was not good when i ran a mom and pop shop. If a shop wont carry your products as a sales rep u need to at least try to promote your product to them with the same support. there still is alot of people who purchase schumacher stuff for there ready to run line. they wont call for there truck or car they will buy it in a shop an if your product was not atleast offered to your local shop then you are not a sales rep you are an order taker.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im actually in australia and the nearest hobby shop that stocks shuie parts is 20 hours drive away but a local guy imports parts im not sure if he's legit pretty sure he is but he is cheaper than the hobby shops and has a better range and is nicer to deal with but he is getting out of it so im gonna have to stock pile parts i think. but it just goes to show sometimes hobby stores wont stock certain brands.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:26 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i agree Hobbytown USA in Tampa will not order shuie parts at all,thats why i drive to shuie and buy from them
We have three Hobbytowns around my area and two have tracks. Funny how little 99% of the employees know about any of the hobbies which they carry. If you don't have a part number at are 3 locations they could help you at all.

Most don't the differance between a train and a airplane. Only require you have the money to pay for a franchise and thats it. You don't need to know anything about hobbies at all but just have cash.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

See for me, i never even knew about Schui's before moving to tampa because my local hobby shop was a Losi guy and has every part for every Losi ever dreamed of, but god forbid if you ask for a t plate for an asssociated he would blacklist you from his track and shop. people local to tampa know Morris Kohl, he's done that to a degree with tamiya.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by abailey21
See for me, i never even knew about Schui's before moving to tampa because my local hobby shop was a Losi guy and has every part for every Losi ever dreamed of, but god forbid if you ask for a t plate for an asssociated he would blacklist you from his track and shop. people local to tampa know Morris Kohl, he's done that to a degree with tamiya.
Morris Kohl lol thats the r/c nazi I wont even drive on that side Water's ave at all because of him
Old 08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Morris Kohl lol thats the r/c nazi I wont even drive on that side Water's ave at all because of him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.