Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
yep done all that my camber lings are in the high position on the standard towers. 30 wt all round
running bout 5mm droop rear and 3mm front.
oh i removed all diff risers.
and its mainly when im at neautral throttle now before it was when i was on power and neutral now its only neutral.
ill try 35wt rear oil and some anti-squat or kick up which is more effective for what?
finnally ill drill holes 2mm up, is that 2mm centre to centre or from the edge of the top whole?
cheers its much much better just seeing how far i can go before the rear end gets loose.
more droop in the frt 4mm frt or 5mm I found u want to run more uptravle to throw more weight..

Last edited by Customworksking; 06-30-2007 at 04:46 PM. Reason: oops
Old 06-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wheelbase is medium long front and short rear.
ok ill drill that whole but not use it yet.
im just trying to work out why my set up is so weird compared to any one else?
cheers, again.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Wink car

I am ready to buy a mi3 for carpet only 19t/stock what do i need ? looks like u guys are getting all the flaws out ide like to know what i will need to buy before i get 1 so i can order it all @ the same time
Old 06-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I am ready to buy a mi3 for carpet only 19t/stock what do i need ? looks like u guys are getting all the flaws out ide like to know what i will need to buy before i get 1 so i can order it all @ the same time

Honestly, you get the kit, a diff, an extra shim kit or two, the steering track rod set and you're ready to go. That's all you need. I've been testing the car on carpet for about a month now and have had a lot of success with it. If you need a setup to start you off let me know and I can send you one.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Wink

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
Honestly, you get the kit, a diff, an extra shim kit or two, the steering track rod set and you're ready to go. That's all you need. I've been testing the car on carpet for about a month now and have had a lot of success with it. If you need a setup to start you off let me know and I can send you one.
how well do u like the spool ? BTW i only run rubber tire... do they offer carpet shock towers ? thanks for the reply i feel very strong about tech support and set-up info it seems everyone helps and that alone will sell the car!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys few questions bout the mi3
wheres the cheapest place to buy it so far speedtech at 399us?
what should i order with the car? ive got spring set and shims but should i order titanium everything or is it not needed? spare drive shafts suspension arms and blades of course anything else?
im racing on aphsalt.
cheers, Josh P
Old 06-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

possible get a few CVD bones.
a couple of front arms.
make sure you get a few set of silver spacers that will help you change your setups.
and hinge pins
that's all you really need for the Mi-3

get the standard stuff..if you can buy it.

Custom:
they offer a low shock tower set..
but if you're going to run a carpet body...you will have to shave off a bit of CF from the top of the shock tower to allow it sit at the right height.
I've already passed this onto Paul at Schui
(thanks to Ron Goetter for info)

Orlando
ohhh...the 2.5 top deck is absolutely super stiff..
Old 06-30-2007, 05:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I gotta get a nitro fix. And what the Hell. Orion? When did this happen? I take it this means you will be running BL at the nats.
Nope, still brushed motors at the nats, the Orion BL isn't ROAR legal yet. Out of 15 5 cell mod entries today, I think I was the only person running a brushed motor, it was my first day with the Orion stuff but wow, I had some awesome power lol. Qualified 2'nd to Torrika, kinda blew out on my TQ run, had a 3 second crash and another pretty bad bobble.. Second lap of the main I got bumped and my car did a donut, put me in the back but I cought back up to take 2'nd. My car was good today, but I really gotta work on a RP36 setup, as my RP30 laptimes were about a half second faster.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:14 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You running 5 cell brushed, Randy? I'm still not sure what I'm going to run for the nats. 5 cell, 6 cell, brushed, brushless... I've only run 5 cell a couple times. The car was good but I had trouble finding the right gearing. Maybe I'll have to swap back and forth during practice and see what's better. Good thing it only takes a few minutes to change the chassis on the Mi3.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
how well do u like the spool ? BTW i only run rubber tire... do they offer carpet shock towers ? thanks for the reply i feel very strong about tech support and set-up info it seems everyone helps and that alone will sell the car!
Oh, sorry, I only run foams on carpet !!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
You running 5 cell brushed, Randy? I'm still not sure what I'm going to run for the nats. 5 cell, 6 cell, brushed, brushless... I've only run 5 cell a couple times. The car was good but I had trouble finding the right gearing. Maybe I'll have to swap back and forth during practice and see what's better. Good thing it only takes a few minutes to change the chassis on the Mi3.
5 cell brushed is definately the plan. If the nats track is anything like the size of what I ran on today it'll be plenty of power for sure. I seem to have guessed the magic gearing because I didnt change once, had a ton of rip and could pull the 4.5's on the straight, same speed as the 3.5's.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What motor and gearing are you running? Did you change the motor setup (springs, timing) any?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
5 cell is the way to go , i ran mine with 5 cells a few weekends ago at a state race ,ran 5 cells on saturday then switched to the 6 cell chassis for sunday and the car was a 1/2 second faster per lap with 5 cells plus it drove alot better
Old 06-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
5 cell is the way to go , i ran mine with 5 cells a few weekends ago at a state race ,ran 5 cells on saturday then switched to the 6 cell chassis for sunday and the car was a 1/2 second faster per lap with 5 cells plus it drove alot better
I agree...and their even better with Orion Lipo's!

Cant wait for that MDI 19T race!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

ROLL CALL
was just curious..
how many are planning on taking their MI-3 on carpet/foams?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.