R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2002, 05:50 AM   #2026
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

RBLove: the top deck is not only thicker, but the cut outs are also smaller. An easy way to tell this, is by the size of the stickers that KevinK and Phatz have mounted on the forward part of their upper deck. Theres no way those fit on the standard upper deck.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:50 AM   #2027
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Guys...Well, I've got an opportunity to go 1:1 racing, so I'm Selling out...If you're interested in one of my Axis2's, and the BOAT load of parts, check out my ad in the for sale forum...
You won't find a better deal ANYWHERE!!!

Thanks for all the help, advice and camraderie!!

You guys have been awesome!!!

Ron
AZ_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 05:36 PM   #2028
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Rob.....Like Darseid said its thicker and the cut out is not as large as the stock top plate.

I tried both High R C and Low R C and the high felt better and you did not have to use really heavy springs this way like only 25lbs to 30lbs. I think the car would have been better with High front R C and standard rear R C. I think this is the way Brian Jucha ran his car at snow birds and he says that was the best his car worked......and I belive it was as he was the highest finnishing Schumahcer car there in Mod. But right now I like the car with very little castor like 2deg and a little kickup in the front. I cant wait to try this on foams.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:08 PM   #2029
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hmm hmm hmm! Is your carpet track up there still running? How is the crowd? Rubber only? I need to make a trip up there and do some car testing with ya. Let me know the dealio and your tracks web site. Is it trackside?

L8R,
Rob
Old 05-10-2002, 11:06 AM   #2030
Tech Initiate

Default Mystery ESC setting?

With the KEYENCE Zero V Extreme ESC I found a "Mystery" Setting? Labled EnSA . The value to be changed reads in percent and the options are 0,30,70,100. This setting can be found by pressing the center buttun for 1 sec then right six times. I called Schumacher USA and Adrian says he has only seen one other do this, he is not sure what this function is either. Anyone??

Last edited by Damon_KJ7E; 05-10-2002 at 11:09 AM.
Damon_KJ7E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 12:55 PM   #2031
Tech Adept

Damon- just tried mine, with the 6th press of the right button it goes back to "SET" this is when the centre button is pressed in the "main" setting.
Ian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 04:30 PM   #2032
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 243 (99%+)

Almost finished putting my new Mission CF car together. I must say, it's a very nice car. Can't wait to put it on the track.
jonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #2033
Tech Initiate

Default First run

I made a splash at the local track as this was the first Mission to run there. At first the car was all over the place, even looped on the strait when I tried to open it up. I am running the kit tires and yokomo inserts, using a setup Adrian provided as he use to race at my local track. After the first run I found out the car was sitting too high and I had almost no toe in on the rear. I lowered the ride height to 5mm f/r and added some rear tow in, changed the gearing from 6.45:1 to 7.13:1. Big improvement!! The car was easy to drive and stable. It made me look good. A friend who runs a XXX-S saw me and asked to drive the Mission. Just after the first lap he would not give it back. He even tried to put his body on it so he could run it in the Stock A main. I did not race but only practiced tonight as I am short on batteries (one). Should be race ready next Friday. Will let everyone know how the only Schumacher runs against a field of tc3's and xxx-s's.

Last edited by Damon_KJ7E; 05-11-2002 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2002, 01:21 AM   #2034
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

The kit tires (at least I got Schuie whites) are quite bad for outdoor racing on my opinion. I think you'll see big improvements with Take-off, Orion, Sorex, ...
I'm Glad you like the car.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 07:07 AM   #2035
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes, the kit tires are good for practice, but under most race conditions, they'll leave you wanting for traction. So you should consider yourself short one battery pack, and short one set of real racing tires.

If your low on cash, look to the Yokomo Med Sprint tires and med or hard inserts. They get good traction, don't cost much and last a good little while. I believe you can get a combo pack of them with tires, wheels, and inserts for like $24 from SpeedTechR/C. Thats pretty good considering some companies tires will run you nearly $30 for two pairs of tires alone.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:13 AM   #2036
Tech Initiate

Default Tires

We race outdors on two types of tracks. One loose and low grip asphalt. One fresh very smooth and new asphalt. Depending on the temp ranges Yokomo G's are great for the loose track due to their high grip. Also TakeOff CS22's or CS27's work incredible as well. I have found that the CS27's have almost the same grip as the CS22's with better wear. The best combo are the pre mounted CS27's that come on Cross whells! No glueing and they hook up awesome!

We ran the high grip track last night. With that new track and the high tar content we run setups that are the same as for carpet. There were 10 Sedans with the top 4 Schumachers and top three Missions!

I am going to run the loose track tonight! And I am going to be bold and try running the same setup.

Phatz
Phatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 09:37 AM   #2037
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Since you guys are talking about tires we have the Take-Off tires on sale right now for $12.00 a pair. We also have Sorex and Pit tires on sale as well if you like those. Stop on by the website to have a look.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 09:41 AM   #2038
Tech Initiate

Sorex is the tire of choice at my local track in Scottsdale. I am only running the kit Schumacher tires until next week. I forget the exact tire they say to run. After buying a new Aritronics 94357, a good Sanyo 3000hv pack and a new body with painting supplies I ran short on cash for extra tred. Several were surprised at how well the car did handled with the kit tires as was I. As I worked the infield I could actually see and here the tires hop and skip as the car sliced through the twisty’s. Cool! The track is also going to be resealed next week with more grip promised. I may have to loosen up the car a bit.
Old 05-11-2002, 12:38 PM   #2039
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to RC Raptor Send a message via Yahoo to RC Raptor

I found also the Sorex seem to have a better grip for me.
RC Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 01:37 PM   #2040
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 243 (99%+)
Default Mission batteries

Anyone else have problems getting the Sanyo 3000's to fit in the Mission....

It seems to be extremely tight.

Thanks
jonski is offline   Reply With Quote