Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
no problem skip it was alot if fun!!! see you in Daytona!!! ( with 1 car)

sorry for the battery I had to get ahead of you one way or another
LOL! You better sell that Type R so you can hurry up and get the TC5
Old 06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sf85
LOL! You better sell that Type R so you can hurry up and get the TC5
shh!! dont give away my secrets
Old 06-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

shh!! dont give away my secrets
It's probably easier to sell the transition from one car to another to the wife as well
Old 06-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

It's probably easier to sell the transition from one car to another to the wife as well
Old 06-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Well boys...I ran a few packs on the MI3 today and the car already had the best times I have had with any car w/ rubber tires and mod motors...It was the fastest car on the track...and it was so easy to handle...its deadly quiet, like turnning on a honda civic and letting it iddle....it barely makes a noise, and sometimes you might think its actually , off...

However, I did have an issue with the diff getting loose. After aboout the 2nd pack, it just began to get loose. I had to retighten/reset about 3 times, and it would get loose again after a few laps...this happened contnuesly and got really anoying...I got so tired of the loose diff screw that I just rebuild it by flipping over the diff rings, and using the "un-used" side and re-assembled. After that I ran for another pack(8 mins.) and had no issues...anyone know what could have gone wrong? Why would it keep getting loose like that?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Well boys...I ran a few packs on the MI3 today and the car already had the best times I have had with any car w/ rubber tires and mod motors...It was the fastest car on the track...and it was so easy to handle...its deadly quiet, like turnning on a honda civic and letting it iddle....it barely makes a noise, and sometimes you might think its actually , off...

However, I did have an issue with the diff getting loose. After aboout the 2nd pack, it just began to get loose. I had to retighten/reset about 3 times, and it would get loose again after a few laps...this happened contnuesly and got really anoying...I got so tired of the loose diff screw that I just rebuild it by flipping over the diff rings, and using the "un-used" side and re-assembled. After that I ran for another pack(8 mins.) and had no issues...anyone know what could have gone wrong? Why would it keep getting loose like that?
weren't you the only car on the track today??
Old 06-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

I need a good excuse to justify the TC5 in addition to my MI3, too...
Old 06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

weren't you the only car on the track today??
the only car amongst mini-z's
Old 06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I need a good excuse to justify the TC5 in addition to my MI3, too...
After seeing the TC5 this weekend I thought it was a nice car but not as nice as the MI3.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd
After seeing the TC5 this weekend I thought it was a nice car but not as nice as the MI3.
the good thing about the TC5 is that everybody will carry parts for it , you will be able to go to 7-11 get gas ,a big gulp and also parts for the tc5
Old 06-03-2007, 06:56 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

the good thing about the TC5 is that everybody will carry parts for it , you will be able to go to 7-11 get gas ,a big gulp and also parts for the tc5
That is more than likely true. The other good thing about the guy running the TC5 is he now owes me some food for the beat down I gave him.

Last edited by wyd; 06-03-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:22 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sounds like you didn't have the locking set screw tightened up or maybe you need to put a little thread lock on it.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
The nice thing about the TC5 is if your having a REALLY bad day, you can hang yourself off the TC5's topdeck. Its WAY up there!

Just kidding, Teach's TC5 looked really good for the 1st time out, but he didnt want any of the Mi3
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

did you follow the instructions or did you decide to interpret them the way that you think they should be?? j/k
Old 06-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

did you follow the instructions or did you decide to interpret them the way that you think they should be?? j/k
First of all, how do you have 4 pts in your trader rating, when an 1hr ago you had 3!? You must have sold your Type R already! I followed the instructions, but I guess it needs some lock-tite on the set screw...instructions didn't seem to indicate that...anyways, it seems to be good now, but its something I'll keep an eye on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.