Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
yes it is but he made some changes to it to get more sterring ,he told me to lower the front diff and added a little more rear toe
Marcos - what effect does lowering the front diff have on the cars performance?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All the Schuey team drivers at the Reedy Race are hooked up and hauling. Its going to be a good weekend
Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
All the Schuey team drivers at the Reedy Race are hooked up and hauling. Its going to be a good weekend
Adrian - what changes have they made to the PW setup that you know of?

When does invite run today, so far it's only been 19T and open mod according to LiveRc.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

4 heats of invite ran about an hour ago on liverc...
Old 05-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sf85
Adrian - what changes have they made to the PW setup that you know of?
PW is not releasing details to racers outside that team at the track for the moment. What we are figuring our out applies to other cars too so we want to keep it on the down low until monday.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like the car is really doing well then at Reedy. Can't wait to give it it's first run hopefully on Thursday

Charles
Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just got done making the switch to RPM ball ends, and I can't believe theres even a debate as to which is better. The RPM ball ends are so much better than the Schumacher ball ends, its amazing.

Same smoothness, with almost unnoticeable play. The only ball ends I've seen that had this kind of smoothness with such little play, were the ones that came on my KX-1 back in the day.

Only downside I can see is that the RPM pieces are softer, so they snap off a little easier. And if you buy the long ones like I did (thats all the shop had in...I don't even know if they make shorter ones...) then you have to cut them down to be the same length as the Schumacher pieces.

Other than that, I can't see using the standard pieces over these.

Anyway, heres a look what I'll be running atop my Mi3.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-mi3-speed-6.jpg  
Old 05-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Good to hear that the guys are doing so well at Reedy.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I just got done making the switch to RPM ball ends, and I can't believe theres even a debate as to which is better. The RPM ball ends are so much better than the Schumacher ball ends, its amazing.

Same smoothness, with almost unnoticeable play. The only ball ends I've seen that had this kind of smoothness with such little play, were the ones that came on my KX-1 back in the day.

Only downside I can see is that the RPM pieces are softer, so they snap off a little easier. And if you buy the long ones like I did (thats all the shop had in...I don't even know if they make shorter ones...) then you have to cut them down to be the same length as the Schumacher pieces.

Other than that, I can't see using the standard pieces over these.

Anyway, heres a look what I'll be running atop my Mi3.
A car with some slop in the ball ends will be much easier to drive than one without.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Hey Adrian, thanks for the assist today. I've got 4 packs throught the car and its very close for Fredrick. I went with a one-way up front and shaved 5 10ths. I also played with roll center and droop. Car is VERY close. I'm really looking forward to Jackson!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
A car with some slop in the ball ends will be much easier to drive than one without.
I'll take my chances.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
Hey Adrian, thanks for the assist today. I've got 4 packs throught the car and its very close for Fredrick. I went with a one-way up front and shaved 5 10ths. I also played with roll center and droop. Car is VERY close. I'm really looking forward to Jackson!
What kind of lap times did you turn tonight at Frederick?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just about finished with the 1st one Shock buildin' tomorrow

I've had the pleasure of building most of the best kits (with the exception of X-Ray) available over the past 3yrs since I've started this whole R/C deal and this is my 1st Schuie. Basically in my view all the high-end cars are the same as far as the aluminum/ti/graphite/etc fitting on point (durability of some of these materials may be in question), but one of the things I look for is the fit and strength of the plastic pieces. The two problems I ran into so far has been 1pr. of the chubs & steering blocks fitting WAYY too snug even after repeated fiddling Next was that 3 out of 4 dogbone assemblies were stuck! Took them apart and there was a rust-colored film on everything. It's all good now though. Other than these issues I put the MI3 a tad behind the RDX, and the Masami BD as far as 'ease of buildability' but this car is WAYY ahead of all others when it comes to ingenuity, innovation, ease of adjustment & it seems hella durable. The car is stout. Steering rack and drivetrain....BUTTER

All in all, I'm enjoying the build and can't wait to see it's performance on the track

Here's my little slice of R/C heaven.......

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Totally agree with this one. Especially in the steering. Something i was told by a 12th scale guy that knows what he's about. I've given up telling people this over the years., as very few people will believe you!!

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Old 05-26-2007, 06:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I'll take my chances.
Just sayin.. slop isn't always a bad thing. I havent had a single ball cup pop off yet with the stock stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.