Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what if i wanted to drag my cells on the track?how much would you recomend? cars look pimp guys.i gotta order me up one if we ever get to race locally around here again man,i cant remember the last time we actually had a race.my cars do look fast as hell on the bench though.i need to get motion wall paper to put on the wall behind my workbench.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Perfect.
Just be sure to bring this bad-boy next Saturday @ Oceanside.. I at least wanna eye-ball and fondle it..
Old 04-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Just be sure to bring this bad-boy next Saturday @ Oceanside.. I at least wanna eye-ball and fondle it..
Fondle? Just don't get any... never mind. This is a family forum. I'm going to try and get up there next week. I may need to slap the GTB in the 1/12 scale. I only have one decent brushed speedo right now and I don't want to put the brushless in the Mi3 since I'll be racing brushed. I'll see if I can shoehorn that thing in there without the fan.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:47 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Darkseid: That's just me not looking at the instructions when I did the body mounts.

Jon: Red label baby! Wanted to make sure it was ready for tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

any Mi3 drivers at the LRP master carpet race
Old 04-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got mine today (blue lable, I'm not as cool as Mo ). Spent the day at the track and got the whole car together, just need to put electronics in it and do final adjustments. I spent a bit longer building it than I thought I would, but it didn't help that just about every person at the track finger-fued it LMAO.

This is seriously the coolest piece of rc equipment I think I have ever had. The little design features that they changed that I didn't know they would be changing were a very nice addition. Such as the new spool with replaceable outdrives (that are also very strong and use the WHOLE blade, not just the inner 1/2 of it like the old outdrives). The rear arms are also reinforced and much stronger/stiffer. The shock mounts are neat too, I was planning on using the really old discontinued TiR mounts but these work just as well. I still cant really get over how sweet the diff system and suspension mounting system is.

Let's just say I've got a few people at the track psyched about the Mi3 ! Unfortunately I'm busy all weekend, but I will be able to get out to run it tuesday or wednesday .
Old 04-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Also got mine today at about 12:15pm, not quite done, still got shocks and final adjustments. Could have finished but didn't realize how much I would have to help Burt on his car. I tried to attach photos but the file size is too big. Figured it out.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-p4280004.jpg   Schumacher Corner-p4280003.jpg  

Last edited by Mopar; 04-28-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Hey Mo: I noticed that you mounted the rear body mounts on the inside of the rear shock tower instead of the back, was there a particular reason for this? Or was it just a matter of preference?
I haven't completed mine yet but at present I can't think of anything stopping you from putting them on the back of the shock tower on the opposite side of the tower.
I think this will make the post slighly closer together but should work.

I did the same on my EC so the posts cam through the rear decks of bodyshells instead of the rear window.

Skiddins
Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
any Mi3 drivers at the LRP master carpet race
are you getting dropped off in a C1-30??
Old 04-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danimal1965
Hey all. I've been into nitro and Electric off-road for a few years now. I tried on-road last year(demo day) and really liked it. Didn't have much luck with the car I tried.(needed some TLC) Anyways a bought a mint sst pro just before that and have yet to use it. I was told it was set-up for carpet. So my questions are how well it will work in novice 27t(medium skills) against newer stuff and whats a good starter set-up? The track is in kamloops and is a good size.fast and flowing but i can't compare it to anything else so I'm not sure. Sorry if these questions were asked 4 of 5 years ago,just would rather not read all 300 or 400 pages. Thanks, Dan.
It will work quite well to get you started. Give us a call or email Schu USA on Monday and we will get some appropriate setup sheets to you. Let us know the surface and type of tires you will be using.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I haven't completed mine yet but at present I can't think of anything stopping you from putting them on the back of the shock tower on the opposite side of the tower.
I think this will make the post slighly closer together but should work.

I did the same on my EC so the posts cam through the rear decks of bodyshells instead of the rear window.

Skiddins
I think they're supposed to go on the back, mo just said he wasn't paying attention when he put them on like that.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Mopar
I tried to attach photos but the file size is too big.
you have to use photo editing software, either what came with your camera, or something freeware off the internet like A Square Image to resize the photos. I think they must be 220,000bytes or smaller for them to be attached to a post.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Having posted the pics of my 'problem', I got a call from the model shop, they said come in and we can sort it out, so they did.
I can now finish everything except the shocks, will speak to Schumacher on Monday.

Skiddins
Old 04-28-2007, 02:54 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Having posted the pics of my 'problem', I got a call from the model shop, they said come in and we can sort it out, so they did.
I can now finish everything except the shocks, will speak to Schumacher on Monday.

Skiddins
That's good to hear skiddins. As for the o-rings; just use tamiya, HPI or Losi o-rings
Old 04-28-2007, 07:56 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got the first run on the Mi3 today. Only got 1 practice run due to some electrical problems so I was testing every run. By the end of the day the car was really good. Got off to a shakey start in the main so I had to fight through traffic. Was in 2nd, chasing down the leader when I hit a corner pretty hard and jarred my battery loose so I had to pull it off. At least I had the fastest lap of the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.