Schumacher Corner

Reply

Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 AM
  #18331  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

For high traction carpet racing on foam tires you will need the 2.5mm Carbon chassis, a front diff and some stiffer springs...thats it.
AdrianM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:31 AM
  #18332  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
turbodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Debary, Florida
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
puff puff pass
Is this the Xray thread?!
turbodog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 AM
  #18333  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,196
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I guess...


It wouldn't seem so bad if those team drivers over there didn't seem so smug about getting thier kits already. Schumacher needs to put that crap in check... You don't rub stuff like that in the customer's face. Some of them were all business about it and looking to have set up sheets ready for those who want them, but some of them seemed like they couldn't wait to say 'well I already got mine', while the guys were looking for any info about when customers would get kits.

At first I thought I was just crazy, and letting the wait get to me, but a good number of other people seem to notice it too, and weren't too happy about it. Maybe we're all going crazy.

O'well...two delays in my last three cars will tend to do that.
No matter what team sometimes this happens. Can't judge everyone for a few bad apples. It could be it was taken out of context and the guys where just messing around.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
  #18334  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wyd
No matter what team sometimes this happens. Can't judge everyone for a few bad apples. It could be it was taken out of context and the guys where just messing around.
Oh, for sure...

It definitely wasn't all of them.
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:41 AM
  #18335  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AdrianM
For high traction carpet racing on foam tires you will need the 2.5mm Carbon chassis, a front diff and some stiffer springs...thats it.
Hey AdrianM or PW, if I can ask...

Why don't RC companies ever sell full diff sets in one package? They sell one-ways, they sell spools, but no body ever seems to want to sell an entire diff set, in one bag, where customers could easily purchase it? It always comes down to purchasing all the individual pieces and try to put one together.

This is something I've wondered about for a while, especially since more cars these days come with either a front spool or front one-way.

Is it something that Schumacher would consider doing?

thanks
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:45 AM
  #18336  
Tech Apprentice
 
mattb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: south glos , bristol
Posts: 88
Default

darkseid
i think its to do with the fact that people dont really use diffs anymore?
i mean i could be wrong but i havnt used my mi2ec diff for like nearly 1/2yr ago lol
i use mainly the spool everywere
and i think schumacher do sell the compleate diff dont they?
mattb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:46 AM
  #18337  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I dont think anyone was gloating. They are racers just like you and I that are happy to get their new ride and want to show it off.

Note that most of Schumacher's UK ans US team are not 100% guys getting free cars. They are paying customers too.
AdrianM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:01 AM
  #18338  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

U3223 is a complete Mi3 Diff (Indexed rings, Ceramic diff balls) $59.99

U3009 is a complete Mi2EC Diff (Round rings, Tungsten diff balls) $49.99

Both work in the Mi3 as a front or rear diff. All you have to do is slide the thick belt guide from one side of the pulley to the other side to make a rear diff a front diff.
AdrianM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:01 AM
  #18339  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,548
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turbodog
Is this the Xray thread?!
dude unless you have proof about somebody or a certain team smokin' out you should keep that to yourself it was a joke
dawgmeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 AM
  #18340  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
turbodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Debary, Florida
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
dude unless you have proof about somebody or a certain team smokin' out you should keep that to yourself it was a joke
what do i need proof for?! this is the internet! btw there are lots of "videos" on the internet
turbodog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:16 AM
  #18341  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AdrianM
U3223 is a complete Mi3 Diff (Indexed rings, Ceramic diff balls) $59.99

U3009 is a complete Mi2EC Diff (Round rings, Tungsten diff balls) $49.99

Both work in the Mi3 as a front or rear diff. All you have to do is slide the thick belt guide from one side of the pulley to the other side to make a rear diff a front diff.
Wow, thanks for the quick answer...

I didn't think anybody did that. I guess I got one more thing to order.
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:17 AM
  #18342  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,734
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Hey AdrianM or PW, if I can ask...

Why don't RC companies ever sell full diff sets in one package? They sell one-ways, they sell spools, but no body ever seems to want to sell an entire diff set, in one bag, where customers could easily purchase it? It always comes down to purchasing all the individual pieces and try to put one together.

This is something I've wondered about for a while, especially since more cars these days come with either a front spool or front one-way.

Is it something that Schumacher would consider doing?

thanks
Just as Adrian posted, they currently sell a Mi2 diff and it looks like there will be a complete Mi3 diff as well. The Mi2 diff will work in the Mi3.

I am a person that likes to have a spare diff or two so if a diff "blows" then I can just take that one out and place another one in. I can say that so far the Mi2 diffs are the best I have ever ran next to Xrays. (and Xray & Corally sell the entire diff separately as well)

Marc
Mr. McGoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:25 AM
  #18343  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mattb
darkseid
i think its to do with the fact that people dont really use diffs anymore?
i mean i could be wrong but i havnt used my mi2ec diff for like nearly 1/2yr ago lol
I've been a dual diff user with my other cars for quite a while. The front one-way isn't always ideal, and I've just now started to experiment with a spool in preperation for using one with the Mi3. I've always avoided them because of the additional wear and tear they cause.

I plan to give the spool in the Mi3 my primary attention, but I do like the idea of being able to go to dual diff.
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:26 AM
  #18344  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 271
Default

Just built up the Mi3 diff and it is a big improvement (so spend the extra $10 )
exint2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:26 AM
  #18345  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I dont think anyone was gloating. They are racers just like you and I that are happy to get their new ride and want to show it off.

Note that most of Schumacher's UK ans US team are not 100% guys getting free cars. They are paying customers too.
Then I stand corrected on both points...
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service