Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattb
hi ive got a carpet seris coming up and i was wondering if anyone can help me out
its rubber cs-22
my mi2ec and the tracks indoor hi grip carpet
thanks in adv it will be very much appresiated
mattb
Looks like the setup above would be a good start, or Kevin Brunsdens Carpet wars setup.

Skiddins
Old 09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

i know waylin likes his rubber to foam lol
what circuit was that done on?
thanks in adv
Old 09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Great job to Weylin and all other Schumacher drivers at the IIC race.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Of everything on thatcar what would you suggest changing if we wanted to get rid of some of the steering?

Skiddins
First thing I'd do is either go to a silver sway bar or raise the front roll center .5mm. Depends on if the car is loose or has too much steering.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

At the IIC (med bite) the car had more of an oversteer than loose feeling. By that I mean the car was super locked in unless you turned the wheel hard, then it would break free pretty hard (not a very controllable slide), which is why I could pivot it around the 180 or something if I needed. Which is why I said the setup is dialed if you like lots of steering, it allows you to put it where ever you want it. Here are some things I would try though to tighten up the rear end or make any slide more controllable.

-first, just sauce less front tire (I did 1/2, try 1/4)
-stand rear shocks up one hole
-change rear WB to med/long instead of med/short or longer even
-raise rear hinge pin .5 or 1mm and go to silver rear bar so the suspension pressures the rear tire more instead of rolling as much, and then the silver bar will allow the rear end to roll more. Do these 2 changes at the same time.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that this is right. Weylin, let me know if it isn't and a big congrats!
Attached Files
Old 09-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Yep, that's all correct except for one thing. That setup sheet is on the EC foam spec car, where I was running the asphalt towers. So on the carpet towers pictured on that setup sheet the rear shocks would be 2 holes farther in. Or on the asphalt towers that I ran, the shocks would be in the 3rd hole in from the outside.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Yep, that's all correct except for one thing. That setup sheet is on the EC foam spec car, where I was running the asphalt towers. So on the carpet towers pictured on that setup sheet the rear shocks would be 2 holes farther in. Or on the asphalt towers that I ran, the shocks would be in the 3rd hole in from the outside.
I understand the reason for running the asphalt top deck (more flexibility as you were not on foams?) but why the asphalts towers, especially as a lot of people are now running the carpet towers on the asphalt chassis.

Stop trying to confuse me

Skiddins
Old 09-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Question for the masses:

When you remove the raiser plate from under the diffs; I'm assuming this means that you are also removing the raiser plates that sit directly under the top deck to accomodate, is that correct? If that is the case what happens to the washer under the servo assembly that comes up through the top deck? I'm not sure that there is enough space there to run this spacer and hafe a lower top deck.

If you guys have anything i should look out for when making this conversion please let me know. I'll like to try this setup for tomorrows club race.

JEDI
Old 09-30-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Question for the masses:

When you remove the raiser plate from under the diffs; I'm assuming this means that you are also removing the raiser plates that sit directly under the top deck to accomodate, is that correct? If that is the case what happens to the washer under the servo assembly that comes up through the top deck? I'm not sure that there is enough space there to run this spacer and hafe a lower top deck.

If you guys have anything i should look out for when making this conversion please let me know. I'll like to try this setup for tomorrows club race.

JEDI
You have to remove that plastic washer so that the head of that long screw still sits in line with the top deck.

Skiddins
Old 09-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Thats what i thought. I was just trying to vision the change so i dont run into anything I'm not expecting. Have you tried this setup by the way? Did you have much success with it? And how are you guys acheiving 2.75 roll center as mentioned [HERE].
Old 09-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I understand the reason for running the asphalt top deck (more flexibility as you were not on foams?) but why the asphalts towers, especially as a lot of people are now running the carpet towers on the asphalt chassis.

Stop trying to confuse me

Skiddins
Basically, he's running a rubber tire car with the foam car chassis.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Thats what i thought. I was just trying to vision the change so i dont run into anything I'm not expecting. Have you tried this setup by the way? Did you have much success with it? And how are you guys acheiving 2.75 roll center as mentioned [HERE].
I haven't tried that exact setup. To get the 2.75mm roll center I'd use the riser plates for the pivot blocks plus a .75mm shim under each block.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Ok. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Basically, he's running a rubber tire car with the foam car chassis.
Yep .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.