Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Most people just dont worry about scratching their chassis because the scratches dont affect how the car will handle, but adding a chassis protector that causes you to raise your ride height .5-1mm does affect performance. I would stay away from it unless youre really concerned about some scratches on the sides of the chassis. That's another thing, most the time the chassis will only rub on the sides and maybe on the front or back. I never worried about the scratches (yes even when I did pay for them ).
Old 09-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Yeah now he has a real reason for wearing a dress, usually he has to make up some lame excuse for why he's wearing a dress whenever someone catches him .
Weylin you better win, the last thing I need is for someone to see a guy coming out of our room wearing a dress.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monte Hess
I need...a guy...wearing a dress.
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....

The out of context quote is brought to you by...Fox News
Old 09-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Just a quick entry in this thread. I ran the car without the gearbox risers properly for the first time this weekend. How much different is the car ! Rob Miller of the UK team spoke to me about it the other weekend at the UK GO GP and wow im glad I changed it. Standard shock towers still and it grips like a dream.

B final Pole and the overall win at the STCC !!!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:38 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jo90
Just a quick entry in this thread. I ran the car without the gearbox risers properly for the first time this weekend. How much different is the car ! Rob Miller of the UK team spoke to me about it the other weekend at the UK GO GP and wow im glad I changed it. Standard shock towers still and it grips like a dream.

B final Pole and the overall win at the STCC !!!
Congrats jo90!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default How much better is the MI2 EC over the MI2?

Sorry to repost this, but I need help!

Hi I'm new to this thread, does anyone know approximately what page number back is there a comparison between the MI2 and MI2EC.
I've heard the MI2EC is a completely different car, but I'm looking for a second car for 19T Rubber Carpet for this winter and didn't want to spend very much. I've seen some new old stock Mi2s going for pretty cheap locally.
Is the car pretty competitive box stock, and suggestions on parts I'll need incase I break down and pick one up?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
Sorry to repost this, but I need help!

Hi I'm new to this thread, does anyone know approximately what page number back is there a comparison between the MI2 and MI2EC.
I've heard the MI2EC is a completely different car, but I'm looking for a second car for 19T Rubber Carpet for this winter and didn't want to spend very much. I've seen some new old stock Mi2s going for pretty cheap locally.
Is the car pretty competitive box stock, and suggestions on parts I'll need incase I break down and pick one up?

Any help is appreciated!
Sorry we missed this post.

The Mi2 was a good car. The EC is basically just a refinement of the same platform. Everything that we changed and modified on the Mi2 to make it a great car is what created the EC. If you're looking into a used Schumacher, I'd suggest you try and find an EC. You'll be able to run competitively with a standard Mi2. But you'll always want to upgrade it to bring it up to spec with the current line of cars out there. The EC doesn't really need this at all. Unfortunately, although the cars look fairly similar, there's really no conversion for the Mi2 to bring it up to EC spec. It would cost more than a new EC kit and a lot more work to do this. Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks for the Response.

Thanks Jon,
If I decided to go with a new MI2 with upgrades would I need to run it on carpet rubber? is the stock chassis ideal, or will i have to get my hands on the thicker chassis?

Also with regards to the differences, can you list the key differences?
Aside from the new belt design and perhaps motor placement (it moved more forward and more outboard the chassis for balance).

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks for the Response.

Thanks Jon,
If I decided to go with a new MI2 (not MI2EC) what upgrades would I need to run it on carpet rubber? is the stock chassis ideal, or will i have to get my hands on the thicker chassis?

Also with regards to the differences, can you list the key differences?
Aside from the new belt design and perhaps motor placement (it moved more forward and more outboard the chassis for balance).

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you were to buy a standard Mi2 kit and wanted go carpet racing on rubber, I'd at least suggest:

-One-way
-Full set of CVD's (Alloy or Steel)
-Swaybar kit
-Pro Spring kit
-Teemu 2.5mm chassis or the BMI chassis if you can get one (I'm not sure if Jason has discontinued it.)

I'd also recommend the lowered carpet shock towers and for ease of building and consistency, a set of the new Schumacher shocks.

Like I said, you could run the Mi2 from the box and it will be OK. But not the fastest out there. There have been a lot of advancements since that car came out.

The key differences from the Mi2 to the Mi2EC are the new transmission, lowered layshaft and motor mounting location, all new suspension geometry with new shock towers and updated hubs front and rear, narrow wheel hexes that allow track width to be adjusted with shims, the inner hinge pin locations are wider than on the Mi2, much improved shocks, (we all used to run the TRF shocks on the old car) it comes with a spool as it is intended as an asphalt car.

To run the EC on the rug with rubbers you probably will still want to pickup a oneway. But that's really it. IMO, by the time you get the Mi2 kit and all the things you'll want to make it more competitive, you may as well buy the EC and have the current car that everyone else is running with all the upgrades already on it.

Whatever you decide, Mi2 or the EC, we'll be here to help with any questions you have.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monte Hess
Weylin you better win, the last thing I need is for someone to see a guy coming out of our room wearing a dress.
Don't pretend that that hasn't happened before!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
It has but that time was also in Vegas and you're not suppose to talk about what happens there. Shhhhhhhhhhh
Old 09-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
What he told me is that he was "just giving her a ri... err.. room for the night" .
Old 09-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Go PW!! :P

Sorry couldn't resist. Plus you have a blue Pitdude!!

Old 09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

that bottom pic has timmy heisers mom and little little timmy heiser in that pic . That must have been from like 2 years ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.