Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

OOOPS! Sorry- I used red springs.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ike......Check you battery bar on your battery packs I had this problem that you are talking about and I traced it back to the pinion rubbing on the battery bar. I now run the pinion closer to the motor. Also if the drive train is that bound up that if you let off the gass it spins out something is too tight. Check your gear mesh and make sure that you did not crush the bearings when tightening up the tires. Take and loosen the lock nuts on the tires a little and see if this helps. With the motor out of the car the drive train should be very free if nothing is bound up. I dont think that the stock plastic is the same as the old stuff so I would have to say they would be less likely to flex now. The Alum ones are a nice but are not needed on this car.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Kevin,
I will go check all of those things. The stock plastic seems to be tough but I broke a bulkhead today when I hit a pipe during one of my spin-outs and it looks very segmented.(very grainy look to the plastic)
IKE
Old 03-15-2002, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

foamdonuts.....sounds like somthings binding up, mine had a funny hitch in it and it was the belt it was a little wider in one section causing drag so you have to go over every thing. you may have a bad bearing. Every body does the old bearing cleaning trick, remove the shields clean with motor spray (in a sonic jewlery cleaner works great) relube with a lighter oil (a very micro drop) I also leave the one shield off on the side of bearing thats unexsposed. Also the alumn. wheel hexes will also add in freeing up the car.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Good luck to all driver's coming to the carpet nats. Let's have some fun next weekend and if you hear laughter in the pits come on by because I'm just entertaining my fellow racers
Old 03-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...if there's laughter in the pits, it means STLNLST is on the track (lol) (j/k). I'll see STL and the rest of those coming to the Nats next week.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

OK just checked the belt and it is the same width all the way around, I have relubed every bearing in the car, I have loosened up every screw on the car and did the old "cylinder head" tightening method and it is still tight. I think I will just go run the crap out of the car today and see if it doesnt free it up. Its funny, even with this binding the car is still much faster than the TC3's and the XXXS's.
IKE
Old 03-15-2002, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

FoamDonuts-Have you checked to make sure you have the layshaft mounts fitted the correct way for the pulley? Does the drivetrain roll freely with the pinion off? If the pinion rubs the nearest battery bar try using a thinner bar. The Deans battery bars are too elevated.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2400's

i was playing arround the other day, I usually only practice and race ont he same day so it lets me cycle my 3000's (3rd times the charm) But I went out to practice on a non race day and found that 2400 dont fit.... what gives... am I stoned... or is this problem common place?
Old 03-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Foam D,
check or make sure you don't have any drag brake programed in on your radio or speedo.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, hehehehe this is funny watching all you guys think up what is binding I appreciate all the help. Anywho, no I dont have any drag brake programmed in and yes the layshaft mounts are the correct way. I have to dial my throttle trim up so the car will roll when I let off, this is a pain in the ass and I hope that the drivetrain breaks in soon so I can get back to normal throttle action.
IKE
Old 03-16-2002, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Foamdonuts......So you run stock? stock motors do make you feel your running with drag brake but never heard of them causing spin out exspecialy on carpet but if you run mod you most def. have a problem with the car that needs to be addressed.

TC3....the batteries fitting is a prob easy fix though if you like take a look at the post below for more info, basicaly takin a file to the slots in the chassis and/or battery brace should allow them to fit propperly
Old 03-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: 2400's

Originally posted by tc3driver
i was playing arround the other day, I usually only practice and race ont he same day so it lets me cycle my 3000's (3rd times the charm) But I went out to practice on a non race day and found that 2400 dont fit.... what gives... am I stoned... or is this problem common place?
I had the same problem. This is what I did:

Gently filled the edges of the battery slots with a file or sandpaper (I used that Kyosho lexan sander thing...it worked fine) at a 45 degree angle, all the way around. The I put CA on the edges (blow off the particles and wipe rubbing alcohol on it first).

Then put a washer underneath the battery posts to lift then up a little. I also rounded out the battery posts (the stock plastic ones) with a drum attachment on a dremel, so the battery could fit in there better.

-S
Old 03-16-2002, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

I run MOD.
IKE
Old 03-16-2002, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, this is really starting to worry me. I have only run two packs through the car with a 7-turn in it and the car is still right on the edge of spinning out if I let off the throttle too much.
I think I am going to buy some new belts and I am going to get the alloy layshaft mounts and alloy diff housings just in case.
IKE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.