Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Ian-Plaids are nothing more than a purple with about a 1/4 inch strip of orange on the outside. WORKS GREAT! I hear Losi has some new foams due out soon with a new compound for the front, they are calling it Cyan
Old 03-12-2002, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you get pro-line foams plaid is a purple/orange. Really only TRC calls it plaid.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

wilson10- it is Trinity that is coming out with that new tire cyan compound not Losi.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

oops! MY BAD! You are right Corey, I just double checked what I read and yep sure enough Trinity...should be good though
Old 03-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ian S....There is a TQ RED traction compound that is for 8 minute racing. You might want to give this a try, this is what most of the 1/12th scale guys use when they cant run Paragon. It should last the whole run. Also try cleaning the tires with Motor spray or some other cleaner before putting on the traction compound. When we ran Blue and Green dot tires way back when we would clean them first to open the cells of the foam and then let the compound soak for 15 minutes or more.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I run an Axis at a track that doesn't allow traction compound.purple in back plaid in front, sticks like glue the whole race. Asphalt inside.pink in back and red in front work also.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Battery strap

Is anyone else having trouble with the battery strap on thier mission? I filed the chassis and the strap quite a bit..but its still hard to get it on and a body pin through the hole...then the batteries have a tendecy to pop out with a good hit anyway.

Anyone have an alternative?

they are 3000's btw....
thanks
Old 03-14-2002, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

_neas_,

I had the same issues with the sanyos's but the panasonics seem to fit perfect. I filed down my battery posts a little to get them in ( sanyos 2400 and 3000 ). I saw some guy at the snowbirds had a small lexan fence along the outside of the battery tray, Looked to me he had the same problem with the batteries coming out.
Old 03-14-2002, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

-neas-... takin a file to the chassis should work but if your still having prob it may be that your packs are not perfectly flat or bent twisted ect. and arent seating in the slots correctly. If that dosent work try adding a 1m shim under the post to raise it

Last edited by gfoster; 03-14-2002 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fix

We had the same problem. The battery strap needed a touch of Dremelling (use a mask because the dust is toxic) and a bit on each post so the battery could slide in. One thin spacer under each post and our batteries fit perfectly .
Old 03-14-2002, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I never really had a problem with the stock brace fitting. I did take some material off the alum post's so the batt's fit easier. I have had a couple times where my SMH packs come out in a hard wreck. I made a new hold down that fixed the problem maybe I can get some pic's up over the weekend. On the Axis2 I did use shims under the posts to get the brace on easier but have yet to do it on the Mission.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys,
I am relishing my first run with my Mission. One or two questions though. First, did everyone experience an unusually loud high-pitched whine when they first ran there cars? Second, is it normal for the drivetrain to take a few packs to get broken in? Mine comes to an abrupt halt when I let it coast when held off the ground. Nothing too drastic but it causes me to spin if I let all the way off going into a corner. I did all my usual tricks to the hingepins and ballstuds and I also blasted all the bearings and then lightly oiled them. So the drivetrain should be free-wheeling but it doesnt. Any thoughts on this? Lastly, has anyone bought the alloy layshaft and alloy diffhousings? The Axis 2 had issues flexing these parts under hard acceleration and this would cause binding which would cause the car to be less efficient because of drag. Other than these the car is amazing! I stomped a guy with a 7-turn(I had a 10-turn)down the straight away. The guy tried to say I cheated because I was so much faster than him into and out of the corners anywho look forward to hearing your thoughts on the loud whine and the tight drivetrain.
IKE
Old 03-14-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anybody out there have a good setup for an A2 on Take-Off CS27's on carpet. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

SCURCR:

I was there last saturday, here's what I tried:
front:
70 wt. #2 hole (2nd from the inside) on the shock tower
Inner hole on the lower arm
inline mount on the hub
lower hole on the upper arm mount
anti roll bar
Rear:

70wt. #3 hole on shock tower
outer hole on lower arm
Std. mount on the hub
lower hole of the upper arm mount
1.5 deg. rear toe.

The car felt real good during practice and my first heat,but I think once the tires broke in thwy started to break traction. I had to let up on the throttle a alot. I'm gonna try out same set up next time, but use blue springs and 40wt. Unfortunately I won't be able to give this set up a try until the practice sessions at the actual event. Hope this helps.

Does anybody out there run an MVP and if so how are you gearing them. I;'ve got mine set up Big Jim Style and haven't been able to find the right gear. I've kept it around 6.69. Thanks Al
Old 03-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

FoamDonuts- yea the noise is totally normail, high pitched whining sound! LOL........ The belts need to be run a couple times till the drivetrain get nice an free. Make sure you blow out all bearings. I have mine so free that I push on the belt and the wheels speen a good 10 -12 rotations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.