R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #15421
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you're looking into dropping the money on a new car, why not get an EC? The car handles a lot better than the Mi2 you're driving right now. You don't have to do anything to it to be fast out of the box. And we're making it faster all the time. It's got everything you need right in the box. No need to spend extra money on new CVD's or a spool or anything to stay competitive. Just like any of the other cars. And no one can say the Mi2EC is not a competitive car. Teemu took 6th at the worlds with one and 7th at the Reedy Race.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #15422
Super Moderator

Hey that's not Brian WYD's custom painted Schumacher MI2EC.... It's Mine LOL he just cut it out and delivered it for me LOLOL. It's actually the car in my avatar LOL
Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 AM   #15423
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok apart from a spool what can i do?
just feels like the car is sluggish?
probably just my driving but nt sure lol
why did u guys choose the mi2 ec over another top of the line touring car? i want to just havnt seen the speed and drivability in my mi2 tht ive seen in corally's not saying its all the car but i havnt even been able to stop my car wandering tried sitting it on shock towers and droop gauges to get the tweak out loosened and tightened the diffs last things is replace all the ball cups to remove slop????
also with gp3700 my car is 50 grams over weight with no weights or swaybars is there any way i can make the car lighter? it is pretty much stock ie plastic drive shaft and standard mi2 bulkhead and chassis
cheers guys
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5

Last edited by aus jd 2703; 07-11-2006 at 01:54 AM.
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:35 AM   #15424
Tech Regular

if u cannot aford some beter cvds u could just tighten your front diff up quite abit but if u hit somthing it will still giv,and not your drivetrain...

for getin a new car i would defently consider the ec i have had mine since it came out (1st day) and have never realy had any probs its a solid car. and the parts are realy easy to get and not over priced witch is alwase a plus. its well made comes with evarything u need to win and after all teemu won the euros with it agains the likes of xrays cyclones and tamiya's and like jon said was well placed in the wrolds. and then look at all the help u get with the schumacher on hear its first class....
bob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:02 AM   #15425
Super Moderator

The differences between the MI2 and the EC are like night and day on the track. The EC is so much easier and faster to drive. Definitely would recommend one.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #15426
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Hey that's not Brian WYD's custom painted Schumacher MI2EC.... It's Mine LOL he just cut it out and delivered it for me LOLOL. It's actually the car in my avatar LOL
Bob.

Are you talking about pic #3 in the Pitspace Gallery? If so I will edit the caption.

I have more setup sheets from some of the other drivers I will be posting later today.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #15427
Super Moderator

Yup LOL. That's my ride LOL
Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #15428
Super Moderator

Here's some shots of the carpet car without the body for ya
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-ec1.jpg   Schumacher Corner-ec2.jpg   Schumacher Corner-ec3.jpg   Schumacher Corner-ec4.jpg  
Old 07-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #15429
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Yup LOL. That's my ride LOL
You are now the proper owner of the custom painted body :P

Thanks for the pics. Right now I am just keeping it pics of racers and their cars w/ shells.

There are not a ton of carpet/rubber tire setups available so if anyone has any to share please email me. Maybe after this weekends big carpet race "The Sizzler" more setups will be availabe for foam and rubber tire carpet racers preparing for the Vegas IIC.

There were a few more setups posted and the interview w/ Kevin Kane.

Thanks.
http://www.pdubracing.com/schumacherpitspace/

Last edited by Nexus; 07-11-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #15430
Tech Master

what really put me of a mi2 ec was the fact i was never able to get it to steer straight on and off power. tried everything sitting the chassis on shock towers and blocks while tightening screws checked droop with a gauge same side to side same shock length etc etc
ran out of ideas
last thing to do is remove all slop from the ball cups but i have been told that wont fix my problem?
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #15431
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There has to be some binding in the steering. Either in the steering bell crank posts or the front hubs-yokes. I am not aware of anyone else with this problem.

Tightening the ball cups would make your problem worse.

King-G is an Aussie running very well with the Mi2EC. Is he near you or across the continent? He should be able to help.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #15432
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
what really put me of a mi2 ec was the fact i was never able to get it to steer straight on and off power. tried everything sitting the chassis on shock towers and blocks while tightening screws checked droop with a gauge same side to side same shock length etc etc
ran out of ideas
last thing to do is remove all slop from the ball cups but i have been told that wont fix my problem?
Your problem of the car wondering is something I've never heard of from anyone else. Regular Mi2 or EC. Don't let that put you off of anything. Like Adrian said, there has to be a bind somewhere. Car's just don't wonder like that. A bind in the steering, a bad servo, something like that.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #15433
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g

ausjd, I'll be at the Logan winter cup on the Sunday only. If you can make it down we can take a look at your steering problem. As the others said, there must be something binding, or a servo not centring correctly.

Certainly we've never had that problem with the Mi2.

The EC is a much better/faster/easier car to work with than the Mi2. We have good setups for all the Brisbane tracks at our website. It's definitely worth considering.

Cheers
Scott
Old 07-12-2006, 03:52 AM   #15434
Tech Master

cheers scott will u be at bayside this sunday as ill be there if there is a meet?

can any one tell me what type of diff balls are in the pro diff rebuild kit?
cheers lol lost a ball so replaced it with a standard ball(in good nick) and a a bit worried ive just put a weak ball in

also when u re- lube the diff do you smear thrust grease on the race and two washers or do u 'pack' the thrust race with as much grease as possible?
also i just dip my finger in the silicone grease and smear it on the pulley, and out drives/ diff rings is this al sound correct??
also have u guys heard of running on 3 diff balls? ment to remove rotating mass and does cause slightly faster wear opinions??
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5

Last edited by aus jd 2703; 07-12-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #15435
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
ran out of ideas
Every car that I have had this happen to was either my servo was not working proerly, the servo moved in the servo mounts some or when I tapped a wall, servo saver or built in servo on the car was not tight enough and the last thing that happend is when I built a car with zero slop int he car it would never ever track straight until I put a little slop in the car and it was fine. The others mentioned a bind which could be, bearing is tight, ball cups fit tight on the ball studs or bent hinge pins or shock shaft. Can be caused by many things. Body mounted off center some could do it as well.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote