R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
With Tekin you can run also MOD and stock.
The V203 is so power full that the current KO is no match for it.
didn't you go on the black diamond thread and state "its setup and driver' not the ESC, or something to that effect.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have a Tekin in my 1/12 scale and the KO in my TC. Both are very good and fast. The biggest difference I see is that the Tekin can be updated with software that is downloaded and the KO has to be sent back in. Both are very programable with the KO being the easiest. You get to set timing advance all the way accross the full range while the Tekin gives the timing to you in increments based on the start & end rpm range you enter. Both accomplish the same thing, just in a different way.

The one thing that Tekin has that the KO does not is the turbo boost, which is nice if you run on a big track and can use it on the straight away. I do know that KO is working on an upgrade but not sure what will be changed. I run with a KO factory team member and he has had a couple of new ones lately to test. Hard to tell if the new one is faster as he is fast with anything.

I can say that the Tekin with the new software is faster in my 1/12 scale car by about .3-.4 a lap over the current KO. I have been able to match the fast lap on our track and I can bet it's not because of my driving skill.

Is that non comittal enough for you?
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
Tech Master

I own both escs and I can say one thing. -Tekin.

The KO was competitive up to V200, but with the new V203, there is no comparison. Tekin has set a new standard for ESCs. Love how the update is FREE unlike the KO which you need to pay $20 and ship it to get a firmware update. I hope they take a different approach when they release something to duel with the V203. I'm a KO fan, but racing against the 203 was just no fun being killed on the infield and straight away so I got the RS. Go with Tekin for the speed and scalability.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

The KOs at our track are giving up 10-15 feet on the straightaway. (96 ft) Infield is debatable but the KOs are definitely not better.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't have a Tekin, but run against them at our track and I don't see any advantage on one over the other on a small track, maybe on a big track I could see the Tekin....maybe. You can also simulate the turbo boost on the KO by manipulating the profile curve.

I would go with the one that most of the other guys at your track are running so you can get setup and gearing advice.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I don't have a Tekin, but run against them at our track and I don't see any advantage on one over the other on a small track, maybe on a big track I could see the Tekin....maybe. You can also simulate the turbo boost on the KO by manipulating the profile curve.

I would go with the one that most of the other guys at your track are running so you can get setup and gearing advice.
My observation is the Tekin is good in a straight line but the LRP has better brakes, the LRP can out brake a Tekin on any track and this is where the best passing manouvers happen. The Tekin does not have enough power to overtake a LRP but it braking is so poor that the LRP driver can brake much later and turn under the Tekin.

And yes I have both esc's, I have a KO an LRP and the Tekin with the latest software.