LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

I have to send mine back to LRP USA to get it fixed. That's MORE money that i have to spend on postage from aus to usa $35 more down the drain.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

cost me just $20 by registered international from Aus.

I was lucky enough that they didnt have any stock spec in stock, and got a TC as replacement. At least I can sell that
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stonzy
Your one of the lucky ones. Mine was faulty from the 2nd lap.
That may be, but I race with a few guys that have them too, and noone at our track has ever had anything but good luck with them so far.
Got a great deal on mine bnib, because the guy that bought it originally had heard so much negative about it he sold it to me
Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mine has been going good so far, with minimal cogging issues (cogged once out of 6 Qualifiers and 3 Finals on 1x weekend) and brilliant brakes. On the other hand, 2 other racers at the local track have had a few issues like bad cogging and erratic brakes. We have used the LRP/SPv3/Tekin 10.5 motors.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by captain stacker
cost me just $20 by registered international from Aus.

I was lucky enough that they didnt have any stock spec in stock, and got a TC as replacement. At least I can sell that
Good idea, I think i'll do the same. Sell it and get my money back that way. Stormer hobbies won't give money back. It's the last time i'll be buying stuff from them. Their loss!!!.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

seems to be a hit and miss with the mk3's

mine is fine......so far, however my mk2 stopped working one day when I switched it on, so I'm just waiting for my mk3 to die. Or I might give it a short life and get another replacement haha
Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stonzy
Good idea, I think i'll do the same. Sell it and get my money back that way. Stormer hobbies won't give money back. It's the last time i'll be buying stuff from them. Their loss!!!.
I don't know of any hobby shops that would give money back on a used electronic speed control so I don't think they're out of line with that policy.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just want to know where the pros are on this thread? So far I have only seen 1 Sean Cochran (sp) I believe comment. Seems everyone using the speedo has had some sort of issues with it. If we collectively are not setting it up right I feel at least one of the pro drivers should be on here offering up some info. Didn't Keven Hebert win the IIC last year with this ESC? I am looking to simplify my racing and currently run the Tekins but I get really tired of having to adjust on a laptop all the time now. I would like to get back to concentrating on my racing and not on my settings. Hopefully someone steps up and starts getting us all in the right direction because personally I am looking for a switch and if LRP won't step up they won't receive any of my $$$.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
I just want to know where the pros are on this thread? So far I have only seen 1 Sean Cochran (sp) I believe comment. Seems everyone using the speedo has had some sort of issues with it. If we collectively are not setting it up right I feel at least one of the pro drivers should be on here offering up some info. Didn't Keven Hebert win the IIC last year with this ESC? I am looking to simplify my racing and currently run the Tekins but I get really tired of having to adjust on a laptop all the time now. I would like to get back to concentrating on my racing and not on my settings. Hopefully someone steps up and starts getting us all in the right direction because personally I am looking for a switch and if LRP won't step up they won't receive any of my $$$.
1+

I have found similar findings as one of the other guys on here......this speed control only works with certain motors. Nemesis and Duo2 are the least liked, Duo1 and SPV3 are okay. Probably the pros, if running this sc are also running the LRP V12 motors which don't seem to have issues, so they are going to be useless to the rest of us. I gotta say that when you hit the right combo, this thing is pretty darn smooth and fast, but its a very particular beast with who it wants to work with.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
1+

I have found similar findings as one of the other guys on here......this speed control only works with certain motors. Nemesis and Duo2 are the least liked, Duo1 and SPV3 are okay. Probably the pros, if running this sc are also running the LRP V12 motors which don't seem to have issues, so they are going to be useless to the rest of us. I gotta say that when you hit the right combo, this thing is pretty darn smooth and fast, but its a very particular beast with who it wants to work with.
This is exactly what I am starting to see since I started following the thread. I loved LRP back in the day they were straight forward to setup and forget and you could really work on your driving. Now for some reason noone is able to find that happy medium to get it to work. If it seems to only work with certain motors then that needs to be posted as well. I am looking for a ESC that I can set and forget and it seems LRP has forgotten about this. If anyone knows a factory driver that runs this and can steer us all in the right direction let them know to pop in. For now I will steer clear of this speedo until its fixed or a proper combination or solution is given.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I agree.

I think we all would appreciate help and advice from any LRP and Associated factory drivers.

Maybe they don't read this thread?

So the question is, how do we get in contact with these factory drivers?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Paul Chicarello (sp?)
Sean Maybell
Sean Cochran
Mike Blackstock
Reto Koenig

All the above have posted on this forum, not bad for a non AE/LRP forum.
perhaps they don't live on the internet like some people here.

To redress some of the out of balance in this thread, both my SXX SS are problem free with my LRP and GM motors. Setups posted on here by Paul and Mike are good for me.
The throttle feel of the LRP is far superior to the Tekin, the speed is comparible on 1/12th 10.5 and 13.5.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

I was just curious since I have scanned over the thread and 97% of it is everyone saying they can't get it to work with the 17.5/13.5s. I plan to run the SXX SS at a major event in 17.5 but a thread full of it doesn't work is useless to me honestly. Maybe none of the factory drivers are running it? I don't know but it would be helpful if one of them maybe took the time to try it and give their feedback or settings. Maybe everyone is just off the mark and it doesn't need 40+ degrees of timing to be fast...I personally am looking for the sedan setups as we already know it is capable in the pancars.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you guys running fans on the speedo? Friend of mine, running no fan problems, running a fan no problems. Don't know why but it worked
Rod
Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

I am not sure what I can do to be able to help out, Since all I ever run are X12 motors with this speedcontrol. I have never had a issue with cogging or anything like that. I have seen some people have issues in stuff prior to MKIII software with other motors but i really do not have a answer for you. Sorry. I also have not run the speedcontrol in TC yet so i would be giving false info.

Here were my setting i run on my world gt 13.5 and 12th scale 10.5

in 13.5 world gt i ran 33/88 with a 2.08 tire . Settings were feel 10, boost 7 , I ran the x12 13,5 with 4 dot timing.

Hope this helps

in 10.5 i ran 32/88 with a 1.70 tire settings where feel 7, boost 6 and i ran the x12 10.5 motor with 4 dot timing.

Wish i could be more help.

Mike Blackstock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.