Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi all..
Rc Mushroom has the MK3 version in stock....
Ive tried all the settings with the RS-Pro...No matter what I do..I still have no high speed brakes..The SXX Stock spec craps all over the tekins...
LOL it's not the only one! Its funny how they worked out (well copied) all this speed but forgot that you need to stop to. Also many of the racers I talk to all complain about the "feel" of the power. I doubt their so called No.1 position will hold for much longer.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B.S.
SXX Stock-Spec now In Stock on Tower Hobbies.
Does it mk2 or mk3 software?
I will not give a 100% guarantee, but GP was supposed to have pulled any old stock from the shelf. Meaning anything they have now should be MK3.

It is possible to tell on the outside of box if unit has mk3 SW. LRP placed a small red dot by the box barcode. We (AE) have to place a different barcode sticker on the box so it covers the dot but it still should be visible under the sticker.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, but around 50% of people who race at my club have had problems with the LRP SXX SS. This includes the V3 software. Someone yesterday who purchased one, opened one up and it had cogging out of the box. This is with V3.

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson

Than the LRP SXX SS is bugfree with the new Mk3 software, it also got another big powerboost compared with the new Mk2 software. And quite honestly, it's a lot easier setting up a LRP than a Tekin. With the LRP you don't need to bring your computer, you don't need to be a (semi-)electronics engineer. Just plug it in, set up seconds (in less than a minute) and you go fast. Setting up a speedo can't be easier. Besides the Tekin isn't perfect either, there are still people complaining than they have no, of hardly any brake.

Sorry to be so harsh, but when you take on a brand, at least make sure you know what you're talking about, instead of bashing on someone with guesses.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Sorry, but around 50% of people who race at my club have had problems with the LRP SXX SS. This includes the V3 software. Someone yesterday who purchased one, opened one up and it had cogging out of the box. This is with V3.
with which motors? Thx
Old 04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

this is the first i am hearing about software upgrades on the lrp sxx ss... how is that being done? I may be purchasing one soon so just want to make sure I get the one with the latest software revision, is there some kind of software update interface or do we have to send the controller to lrp to get it updated?

Thank you!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by maxg123456

This is me, i was running a novak ss 10.5 and also a brand new tekin redline 13.5!! Cogging and felt like interference all over the track at different times and different speeds, i pushed on refusing to believe that mkIII software was playing up and so i tried 3 sensor wires, 2 recievers, 2 motors, 3 sets of crystals and 2 different lipo`s
I only purchased the esc on tues, fitted wed and run it last night- awful
It has a red round sticker on the box and beeps 3 times when turned on, the shop changed it today for another!! Wish me luck guys
Old 04-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just got my LRP SXX TC SPEC for my MOD car.... But I'm thinking of giving it a try on stock and just use the hihgest profile to get some power and see how it does.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kosmic

This is me, i was running a novak ss 10.5 and also a brand new tekin redline 13.5!! Cogging and felt like interference all over the track at different times and different speeds, i pushed on refusing to believe that mkIII software was playing up and so i tried 3 sensor wires, 2 recievers, 2 motors, 3 sets of crystals and 2 different lipo`s
I only purchased the esc on tues, fitted wed and run it last night- awful
It has a red round sticker on the box and beeps 3 times when turned on, the shop changed it today for another!! Wish me luck guys
I was there with him , not good what is going on lrp it would be nice for the lrp rep to let us know if there has been any other reports of cogging with the v3 firmware
Old 04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default .

Last edited by mikecatts; 09-16-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hi all..About the cogging issue..
Make sure that you dont "over time' the motor..
Rule of thumb..Try and keep the timming below 60 deg total advance..
If the motor cogs..drop a tooth or two..and retard the timming..
1 degre makes a huge difference..
The SXX is faultless from my end.
We have a guy who has the MK2 sofyware..17.5 and no cogging issues as he has the gearing/settings/timming just right...and he leaves the Tekins for dead..and heaps of brakes

Mike
please explain how you would know what total timing you have?

personally I dont think boost settings change the cogging, mine cogs on ALL boost settings.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ive got 2 or 3 guys at our club who all run full advanced or nearly full advance on novak ss motors with SXX SS no problem, ive looked at the motors myself!!
I dont mind trying it retarded slightly but my novak ss 10.5 with my spx felt gutless unless motor was on full advance
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi all..About the cogging issue..
Make sure that you dont "over time' the motor..
Rule of thumb..Try and keep the timming below 60 deg total advance..
If the motor cogs..drop a tooth or two..and retard the timming..
1 degre makes a huge difference..
The SXX is faultless from my end.
We have a guy who has the MK2 sofyware..17.5 and no cogging issues as he has the gearing/settings/timming just right...and he leaves the Tekins for dead..and heaps of brakes

Mike
Actually Mike for the first 10 packs through the speedie it was faultless and fast...Then we to hit the cogging issues No change in anything, just started doing it. We only have the problem of it cogging at LOW speeds. Im guessing their might be another update available sooner rather than later if mk3 is doing the same thing. No doubt this speedie is fast tho
Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I just got my LRP SXX TC SPEC for my MOD car.... But I'm thinking of giving it a try on stock and just use the hihgest profile to get some power and see how it does.
It will not keep up with the SXX stocspec if you run stock motor, not even with profile 10...
Old 04-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Actually Mike for the first 10 packs through the speedie it was faultless and fast...Then we to hit the cogging issues No change in anything, just started doing it. We only have the problem of it cogging at LOW speeds. Im guessing their might be another update available sooner rather than later if mk3 is doing the same thing. No doubt this speedie is fast tho
There were problems here with the MKII version, but not with MKIII

If you have timing on the motor, retard it as much as you can and try again.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ok thanks for clarifying that... I was just going to give it a try but I'll stick with MOD I'm Tired of trying to get SPEC MOTOR to go faster...

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
It will not keep up with the SXX stocspec if you run stock motor, not even with profile 10...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.