LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggers View Post
Hi,
I need advice before I return my SXX StockSpec back to LRP for repair
Just purchased and installed my StockSpec with a X12 13.5. When bench testing with no pinion connected, seems like the motor has interference and 'splutters' through the rev range to full power. Tried a SP 13.5 V3 motor and the same happened. Sorry to say, but reconnected by existing ESC and the motor ripped !

I've heard of the issues with the 1st batch (which seems I may have ) but I've also heard that this may be the normal charactoristics of the StockSpec when running the motor with no load.

If anyone has had the same experience or can shine any light on what the exact production issue is on the first batch released, then it will help me understand if my ESC is faulty or just how it is ?

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks for people's comments and suggestions. I didn't want to take any chances so have sent it back to LRP in Germany. I've always had great support from LRP before, so don't expect any problems on this occasion

burito (Reto)...........it's great news that LRP have resolved the firmware issues and have been very open about this to the public. I'm now looking forward to running the SXX SS this season

mutley001 (Paul)...........I've been running the 13.5 X12 for a few weeks now and will be running the 10.5 X12 with my SXX SS when back from LRP. Will be happy to share setups when I eventually get testing in the next week or so !

Cheers,
Jason
Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moggers
[I][SIZE="1"]Quote:

mutley001 (Paul)...........I've been running the 13.5 X12 for a few weeks now and will be running the 10.5 X12 with my SXX SS when back from LRP. Will be happy to share setups when I eventually get testing in the next week or so !

Cheers,
Jason
Cheers Jason, would appreciate hearing your findings
Old 02-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So the question really comes down too with this speed control in the 17.5 classes are you as fast or faster than tekins both in the infield and down large straights without the motors getting 200*(93*C).
I dont want to hear well it was close but the Tekins pulled about 3/4 to mid straight or when the tekins turbo kicks they still pull but this car was there through the infield, and after i pulled it after 6 min the motor was at 195 with a 30mm fan, i mean come on.
I am an LRP guy (all my 1/10 have LRP escs in them) and love the feel through the acceleration range but if every track i go to I am going to be getting pulled in the 17.5 motors and there is no firmware updates whats the point?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

ok my mate run one lastnight and he was the fastest thing there. It had the infield punch and the insane top end. His only downfall was keeping the motor cool. its an x12 and seems to not like any timing advanced on it. This is early days yet as it will take a while to find the sweet spot. but first impression are good.

If anyone has a set up we can try with the x12 in 10.5 (indoor carpet track bit smaller than snowbirds )we would be greatful

There was another guy running one and he went for the cooler option on a low power profile and althoug it wasnt quicker than my mates it was still quicker than the spx. so i am looking forward to running mine. When i eventually get the chance to go to town to send it back for firmware updates
Old 02-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burney
ok my mate run one lastnight and he was the fastest thing there. It had the infield punch and the insane top end. His only downfall was keeping the motor cool. its an x12 and seems to not like any timing advanced on it. This is early days yet as it will take a while to find the sweet spot. but first impression are good.

If anyone has a set up we can try with the x12 in 10.5 (indoor carpet track bit smaller than snowbirds )we would be greatful

There was another guy running one and he went for the cooler option on a low power profile and althoug it wasnt quicker than my mates it was still quicker than the spx. so i am looking forward to running mine. When i eventually get the chance to go to town to send it back for firmware updates
Your mate ran the ESC with what motor 10.5 13.5 or 17.5? 10.5 is close to a mod motor so its gonna be fast I am curious in the 17.5 range because thats where the spx to tekin was night and day
Old 02-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

yeah it was with 10.5 im afraid this weekend is the decider he will be going up against two known fast tekins in 13.5 so this will help me decide whether i keep mine or just go to tekin LOL
Old 02-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Received my SXX Stock Spec today and it is cogging or stuttering or whatever you call it. I just want to verify before I send it in that there is nothing I can do on my end?

Anyone know the turnaround time to get it back from Associated?

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Received my SXX Stock Spec today and it is cogging or stuttering or whatever you call it. I just want to verify before I send it in that there is nothing I can do on my end?

Thanks.
I'm assuming it didn't make the two beeping noises that burito described in his earlier post?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by or8ital

Thanks.

To explain the differences and the slight stutter when testing on the bench...

First of all it's not recommended with any brushless speedo and/or motor to let it rev that high at no load on the bench. I know this is popular and common but it clearly is not good for your equipment.
Luckily we still don't race on bench either but on track...

Anyhow, some guys discovered small stuttering not only on bench but also on track, while other guys were/are completely satisfied. As we prefer to make all our customers happy of course we worked on a further software update after Snowbirds race, which is ready since last week.
So all the speedos shipped since end of last week are the most recent software, which we call "MkII" which solves the stuttering completely. So if you didn't receive your speedo yet, it's very likely you'll get "MkII" already as not many with 1st batch software had been shipped/sold anyway.

Now you'll certainly ask yourself, how do I know which software version I got? This is quite easy, please proceed as following:
- with everything installed (motor must be connected properly!) and set-up to your radio.
- turn on speed-control and listen to the initial beeping.
- with "MkII" software: you hear two short beeps
- with 1st batch software: you hear no beeps at all.

If you got 1st batch software and would like to get it updated, please speak either to your countries LRP distributor (in USA it's Associated) or you can also contact me directly at LRP in Germany. We're able to do a firmware update but the speed-control needs to be sent in for the update so far as no update on your end is possible at this stage.

I hope this clarifies things for you guys.
Clearly the MkII solves everything but I would like to repeat that many guys also had no issues whatsoever with 1st batch software.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
I'm assuming it didn't make the two beeping noises that burito described in his earlier post?
Nope, no two beeps. Its a leftover from Snowbirds so between that and my luck I am not completely surprised I got one of the ones with a problem. Exchanged some messages with Sean and looks like I might be able to get it back in a couple weeks (fingers crossed).

Stein, I am aware of all that. It was posted here already.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by hacker
50f drop is huge just by installing a fan.

ive been playing around with fan setups lately, 2x 25mm, 1x 40mm hard wired directly to batt and best I got was around 10f drop.

what sort of fan are you using?
Yes I agree that 50F was a big drop but I did try it 2 times and got the same result both times. I am using the 40mm LRP fan wired direct to the battery. I attached the fan to the chassis behind the motor, blowing at the motor.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hi, any suggestions on profile setting of a Nosram Stock Spec for the 13.5T class? medium sized aspalt track with good grip. thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

How soon before the new batchs are available in the us I would like to try one just trying to find out how long the wait is going to be
Old 02-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

The "MkII" speedos are on the way to USA since yesterday, they will arrive there soon. This is actually the first regular production shipment as only a few dozens were sent for Snowbirds anyway, so if you have a speedo on backorder somewhere now there is an almost 100% chance that you'll get "MkII".
Old 02-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by burito
The "MkII" speedos are on the way to USA since yesterday, they will arrive there soon. This is actually the first regular production shipment as only a few dozens were sent for Snowbirds anyway, so if you have a speedo on backorder somewhere now there is an almost 100% chance that you'll get "MkII".
Then, how about the combos, will be MKII too?

Best regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.