Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC >

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Reply

Old 09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
  #1051  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
mxracer458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: so cal
Posts: 3,983
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

i had a orginal sphere tc spec i ran in my 4wd b44 with a 6.5,it had a faliure on the board so associated sent me the new tc spec v2.since that time i switched a stock class and have had nothing but problems with cogging down low,i was told by a ae driver that the new escs are really senstive to settings and gearing,also if you tie your sensor cable to your power wires that can cause a cogg also,so i rerouted my wires and sensor cable and i have a very very slight cogg every blue moon,i have only raced my truck once so far so i still have some testing to do with gearing and boost settings,i know this a mod only esc but i got it for free and i might as well use it,i always like lrp products due to they are easy and simple and no need to carry a lap top around with you.lrp/associated have awesome customer service,i know this is a onroad forum but you guys are the only ones discussing the new lines of speedos.im running a tekin 17.5 with this speedo,any of you have a good setting for stock motors?i could use it for a base set up
mxracer458 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
  #1052  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (225)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3,495
Trader Rating: 225 (100%+)
Default

[quote] lrp/associated have awesome customer service.

You've got to be kidding!!!
Andy Koback is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 AM
  #1053  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,137
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by burito View Post
Yes, we do work on SXX StockSpec Version2 as well as some have already indicated.
Exact details about SXX StockSpec Version2 are going to be published by early Octoer, including information about "update program" for customers which currently own an SXX StockSpec Version1 (Mk1 to Mk3).

What I can say already now: the SXX StockSpec Version2 has the possibility to be updated (though optional USB interface) by yourself.
The software we used at IIC is not production Version2 but a development software (called "Pre V2 Stock"), but it allows users with this software to update these speedos to full production SXX StockSpec Version2 software once it is available.

Also, the already released Version2 speedos (80905 + 80955) are not meant for stock racing, their profiles are designed for modified racing!
Cheers to LRP, finally something different to expect.... Hopefully, we're able to update our existing Stock Spec speedos at a fraction of costs / time.... Or perhaps pit support / esc upgrade during some of the international races eg. TITC, IIC, Reedy, etc..?
jonest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:42 AM
  #1054  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 119
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 1s 6.5t Advice

Hi,

Has anyone run this speedo with 1s Lipo and 6.5 x12 motor? Looking for speedo setting and Aprox rollout for indoor carpet? Also any point using a reciever pack?

Thanks

Keith
kdempsey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:33 AM
  #1055  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,150
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by burito View Post
Yes, we do work on SXX StockSpec Version2 as well as some have already indicated.
Exact details about SXX StockSpec Version2 are going to be published by early Octoer, including information about "update program" for customers which currently own an SXX StockSpec Version1 (Mk1 to Mk3).

What I can say already now: the SXX StockSpec Version2 has the possibility to be updated (though optional USB interface) by yourself.
The software we used at IIC is not production Version2 but a development software (called "Pre V2 Stock"), but it allows users with this software to update these speedos to full production SXX StockSpec Version2 software once it is available.

Also, the already released Version2 speedos (80905 + 80955) are not meant for stock racing, their profiles are designed for modified racing!


Hi Reto. I suggest you also have a connection available between the speedcontrol and an iPhone. Good luck.
davidl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
  #1056  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
bhambrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, AL.
Posts: 2,026
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

My sxx ss is on its way, I will be running a tc5r with a SPv3 (BOSS) 17.5..

Do I need to start with a low boots # to get the fdr, and then add more boots, to get the motor up to temp?
bhambrent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
  #1057  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
rc pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Airdire, AB, Canada
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bhambrent View Post
My sxx ss is on its way, I will be running a tc5r with a SPv3 (BOSS) 17.5..

Do I need to start with a low boots # to get the fdr, and then add more boots, to get the motor up to temp?
The boost has to match the FDR. Low boost numbers (2-4) will require you to gear higher (5.6 to 6.0). Higher boost numbers (5+) will require lower gearing (6.0 to 7.2). It's a balance that you'll have to play with between how much of an RPM range suits your track conditions and driving style.

Temp is more of a maximum number that you're comfortable with for the engine brand you have. I'd recommend a motor fan to keep the temp in check. The smaller 3Racing style fans work ok, but the large LRP fan is best if you want to push it more.
rc pete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
  #1058  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
bhambrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, AL.
Posts: 2,026
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, rc pete






Originally Posted by rc pete View Post
The boost has to match the FDR. Low boost numbers (2-4) will require you to gear higher (5.6 to 6.0). Higher boost numbers (5+) will require lower gearing (6.0 to 7.2). It's a balance that you'll have to play with between how much of an RPM range suits your track conditions and driving style.

Temp is more of a maximum number that you're comfortable with for the engine brand you have. I'd recommend a motor fan to keep the temp in check. The smaller 3Racing style fans work ok, but the large LRP fan is best if you want to push it more.
bhambrent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 PM
  #1059  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
mxracer458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: so cal
Posts: 3,983
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

With the new v2 speedos,how do i adjust to get some neutral drag?im my orginal sphere i had a setting that had neutral brake but with this new speedo i dont,im using a m11 radio
mxracer458 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:10 PM
  #1060  
AE-Reedy
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mxracer458 View Post
With the new v2 speedos,how do i adjust to get some neutral drag?im my orginal sphere i had a setting that had neutral brake but with this new speedo i dont,im using a m11 radio
This SC is similar, there is a drag brake setting, it is the 4th mode adjustment. Adjustable from 0-10, 0= no drag brake 10=maximum drag brake.
Sean Cochran is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 PM
  #1061  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
mxracer458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: so cal
Posts: 3,983
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
This SC is similar, there is a drag brake setting, it is the 4th mode adjustment. Adjustable from 0-10, 0= no drag brake 10=maximum drag brake.
I believe the 4 th setting is handbrake,I need some off throttle break just to set me up for the corner
mxracer458 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:45 AM
  #1062  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 286
Default

Hi,

Just got a Stock Spec (80910) and I'm using the LRP X12 motor 13.5t (-10deg) has anyone got a fdr for outdoor track 45m straight mostly open and a indoor track with about a 30m straight and normaly quite tight and technical ?

Thanks.
S.A.W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:33 AM
  #1063  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Glorykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 68
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What Car???
Glorykid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 AM
  #1064  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by Glorykid View Post
What Car???
T3
S.A.W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:13 AM
  #1065  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Glorykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 68
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

well i personally would take a high fdr such as 7-8 then run a low punch setting, such as 1-3 and use the boost for the straights...5-7. use the cars gearing and motor for the low end and the speedo for top end. Just watch your temps carefully when setting up. Some drivers do it different so take your pick on advice.
Glorykid is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service