R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #1036
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

For stock racing, there are better options. The LRP still has severe issues with cogging, and when it does work right, seems to not be as fast as, say, a Tekin. It's also very expensive, the sensor wire exits from a strange place, the solder tabs for the wires are cumbersome, and the capacitor is huge. Also, to update the firmware, you have to send it to some faraway land. Oh, and some batches burn up right away. Other than that, it's great.

Last edited by syndr0me; 09-01-2010 at 02:53 PM.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #1037
Tech Regular

Hi,

Just got a SXX V2 and a X12 (13.5t) to try. I'm looking for some fdr's for an outdoor track with a 45m straight and the rest is open and fast flowing apart from a chicane and a indoor carpet with a straight about 2/3 of the outdoor one but the rest is tight and technical.

In the X12 instructions it recommends starting at 6.0 also the motor came with the oooo insert but says use the standard to start with. So what should I use oooo or oo ?

It also says don't use profile 7 or 8, I presume that also means don't use 9 or 10 ?

What are safe Boost settings to use witha X12 13.5t ?

Does Feel make any difference to motor heat and top speed ?

Thanks.
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #1038
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It turns out that SXX V2 and SXX TC V2 speedos are based on the SXX Stock Spec.
Apparently we'll be able to get our current SXX Stock Specs "flashed" to V2, and be able to download and apply new versions going forward.

See the last paragraph on this post: http://www.rctech.net/forum/7936083-post89.html
Old 09-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #1039
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
For stock racing, there are better options. The LRP still has severe issues with cogging, and when it does work right, seems to not be as fast as, say, a Tekin. It's also very expensive, the sensor wire exits from a strange place, the solder tabs for the wires are cumbersome, and the capacitor is huge. Also, to update the firmware, you have to send it to some faraway land. Oh, and some batches burn up right away. Other than that, it's great.
You are not helping the resale value of my SXX SS MKIII

Someone please buy my LRP SS MKIII. It has about 2 battery packs through it. It looks practically brand new. PM me and make me an offer.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #1040
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc pete View Post
It turns out that SXX V2 and SXX TC V2 speedos are based on the SXX Stock Spec.
Apparently we'll be able to get our current SXX Stock Specs "flashed" to V2, and be able to download and apply new versions going forward.

See the last paragraph on this post: http://www.rctech.net/forum/7936083-post89.html
I had mine updated at IIC and was told the same thing. I guess it got a firmware update to deal with cogging (mk4?) and another that will allow users to update their own ESCs. It sounds like we won't need a new esc to gain updates, but it will require being flashed by the factory before we can do it.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #1041
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 09-17-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Josh Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #1042
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Keller View Post
So after reading most of this thread, I guess I'm still confused.

Is LRP going to release a SXX Stock Spec V.2 or just offer the option to flash the V.1 SXX Stock Specs?

What are everyones opinions or speculations?

Just trying to stay up to speed on what to use for 1S LiPo/17.5 on-road when and if I race again....SXX Competition V.2?

Josh
I'm with you... I need a new speedie for 17.5 and 21.5 on-road and was waiting for the SXX Stock Spec V2.... Is it coming? (I've been told it is...)

Or do I just go with the SXX TC Spec V2?

SQ: HPI RS Pro -HPI RS Pro 2 - HPI Pro 3 - HPI Pro ?? - HPI Pro 5
jsr555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #1043
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've done some more reading on the LRP Forum, and found out:
- Yes, the LRP SXX SS V2 is planned although there is no release date yet.
- For spec racing: 21.5, 17.5, 13.5, 10.5 the fastest LRP speed controller is still the SXX SS V1. The SXX TC V2 is better for Mod, but not fast enough for spec.
- Based on that, I'm not sure what the SS V1 to V2 upgrade will do (besides allowing it to be USB upgradable in the future). The performance is determined by both hardware (the SS has different components to make it faster for spec racing) and firmware. Don't know how the V2 firmware compares to the SS V1 firmware... is it the same, or will you end up with more performance or less? I got a post on the LRP forum with that question, as that's where the main LRP guys seem to be hanging out.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #1044
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So exactly where does my LRP SXX v.2 (part #80905) stand? So you mean to tell me that LRP is also making a SXX SS v.2? Any specs on it? Will it be for 12th scale racing?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #1045
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

At the IIC race the LRP folks where offering everyone to upgrade the SXX Stock SPEC with the V2 software. Not sure how it will work moving forward but sure wish i had mine there to get the update.

Locally Bob Stelflue has been dominanting the 17.5 timing class with his Stock Spec updated to V2 software.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #1046
Tech Addict

Yes, we do work on SXX StockSpec Version2 as well as some have already indicated.
Exact details about SXX StockSpec Version2 are going to be published by early Octoer, including information about "update program" for customers which currently own an SXX StockSpec Version1 (Mk1 to Mk3).

What I can say already now: the SXX StockSpec Version2 has the possibility to be updated (though optional USB interface) by yourself.
The software we used at IIC is not production Version2 but a development software (called "Pre V2 Stock"), but it allows users with this software to update these speedos to full production SXX StockSpec Version2 software once it is available.

Also, the already released Version2 speedos (80905 + 80955) are not meant for stock racing, their profiles are designed for modified racing!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #1047
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thankyou very very much for that info. It's a load off my mind that I don't need to go buy ANOTHER speedie to have it updatable.

Many thanks!
Gav- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:59 AM   #1048
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'd be interested to know about the 'update program' for owners of the Mk1,2 and 3 versions of the SXX SS. Would be nice to know that LRP are willing to rectify the problems and help get current owners of those particular ESCs up and running again.

Since experiencing cogging issues, the ESC has been sitting on the shelf (just above the bin)...
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #1049
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Burito, thanks for that.

I have been hanging off on getting a new speedie for sometime now. (Do not like my non-Lrp one I bought)

Was looking at the SXX Stock Spec V1 Mk3 or the SXX TC spec V2..

But will wait for the SXX SS V2

thanks

SQ: HPI RS Pro -HPI RS Pro 2 - HPI Pro 3 - HPI Pro ?? - HPI Pro 5
jsr555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #1050
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
Yes, we do work on SXX StockSpec Version2 as well as some have already indicated.
Exact details about SXX StockSpec Version2 are going to be published by early Octoer, including information about "update program" for customers which currently own an SXX StockSpec Version1 (Mk1 to Mk3).

What I can say already now: the SXX StockSpec Version2 has the possibility to be updated (though optional USB interface) by yourself.
The software we used at IIC is not production Version2 but a development software (called "Pre V2 Stock"), but it allows users with this software to update these speedos to full production SXX StockSpec Version2 software once it is available.

Also, the already released Version2 speedos (80905 + 80955) are not meant for stock racing, their profiles are designed for modified racing!
Thanks for the answer Burito.

From what I see from the LRP website, the SXX Competition / TC ESC got upgraded from (80900 to 80905 and 80950 to 80955). So that should mean the SXX Stock Spec (MKIII) should go from (80910 to 80915) which would be the V2 of that ESC if I had to guess.

Just to clarify please, if I (in North America) send it to Team Associated (LRP distributors here) now for an update to the ďPre-V2 Stock updateĒ, does that:

1. Improve the speedo from the MKIII version from some cogging issues
2. Is it just an update to allow a future SELF update when we buy that USB interface adaptor.

Cause if its only #1, that means Iíll have to send it in again later. If itís even only #2, at least I can get it updated now because our season hasnít started yet and Iíll just have to buy the USB adapter later and update the software at home.

Thanks,

Ivan