Does turbo/boost only works with sensored
Winson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #857
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Stonzy,

Have you tried a different brand of sensor cable?

It seems a few are reporting that changing the sensor cable is fixing the cogging issues.

My replacement SXX SS just came back from AE a few days ago and I've got it hooked up to an X12 13.5 but with a Novak sensor cable and I can hit full throttle from a standing start without any cogging.
This is on boost setting of 6 and feel of 3.

Could be worth a try?
You shouldn't have to hope and pray and cross your fingers that the sensor wire you have is going to work with this speedcontrol. If a specific sensor wire is needed to make the speedcontrol work properly then it should be included with the speedcontrol.
With that being said I don't think the sensor wire is the problem, it is the LRP SXX Stock Spec speedcontrol only that has this problem. None of the other LRP speedo's seem to have the cogging issue, LRP needs to get this fixed or they will continue to see loyal customers switch over to other brands.
G the Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #858
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Stonzy Send a message via Yahoo to Stonzy

Ahh, The thing that i didn't check was trying a different motor.
Was using a Novak SS17.5 Pro Motor, Might change to a motor that has a removable sensor cable and see how that goes.

I'll let you know tomorrow.
Multiple National Champion and State Champion from 2003 - Current
Stonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #859
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G the Menace View Post
You shouldn't have to hope and pray and cross your fingers that the sensor wire you have is going to work with this speedcontrol. If a specific sensor wire is needed to make the speedcontrol work properly then it should be included with the speedcontrol.
With that being said I don't think the sensor wire is the problem, it is the LRP SXX Stock Spec speedcontrol only that has this problem. None of the other LRP speedo's seem to have the cogging issue, LRP needs to get this fixed or they will continue to see loyal customers switch over to other brands.
Totally agree.
But at only $5 each, it could be worth trying.
Better than the ESC sitting in your pitbox unused.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #860
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Yes, but what if the first kind you get doesn't work and the second doesn't work but bingo the third does. From what I'm reading the same goes for the motors, some work and some don't. Do you keep buying motors until you find one that works? The point is it's the speedcontrol that has the problem not the sensor wire or the motor. LRP needs to fix it.
G the Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #861
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by G the Menace View Post
Yes, but what if the first kind you get doesn't work and the second doesn't work but bingo the third does. From what I'm reading the same goes for the motors, some work and some don't. Do you keep buying motors until you find one that works? The point is it's the speedcontrol that has the problem not the sensor wire or the motor. LRP needs to fix it.

I agree with you. I wonder where is the support from LRP in this forum. (Burrito) Where the hell are you? They just won't acknowledge that its their esc that got problems.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #862
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've tried running the SXX SS with an X12 6.5t using profile 4 turbo 5, FDR at 8.0.... car ain't that fast.... gonna try some more...
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #863
Tech Adept

Default hello all ...

hy all im using a xray t2009 n im using sxx ss mk3 n runing on a 8.5t motor of a fdr 8.5 still got hot temp. 75c, feel 5 boost 6, mind giving me a tip, still cant catch up with a 9.5t tekin moto n esc
sham55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 AM   #864
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I sent my SXX Stock Spec which beeped twice when turned on direct to LRP via express post with the understanding that I wanted it back quickly and was willing to pay for return express post.

Well after almost two months and several emails without reply I finally have received it back, only to find that it still beeps twice when turned on.

Probably a dumb question, but does this mean that it have not been updated?
miccal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:46 AM   #865
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miccal View Post
I sent my SXX Stock Spec which beeped twice when turned on direct to LRP via express post with the understanding that I wanted it back quickly and was willing to pay for return express post.

Well after almost two months and several emails without reply I finally have received it back, only to find that it still beeps twice when turned on.

Did you send it to LRP in Germany? You need to send it over to Team associated in the States. Sent mine over from NZ and it was back on my doorstep 2 weeks later to the day. AWESOME speedo is all I can say. More than enough power to destroy the Tekin in the right hands.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #866
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miccal View Post

you got screwed
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #867
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Blown esc

Hi all..Just wanted to say is I blew up an SXX today as well as the x12, 10 5..
Not sure what happened,,But The first run it was HOT..115 deg c..Esc re set itself to factory settings? (Why it did this, I do not know?)
Took off 2 teeth, re set, less one on boost,,9 as to 10. settings are 3,3,9,5...
I suspect I killed it on the first run..motor was fried, esc fried,,so guys dont over gear..I thought it wasnt.7.53.as to 8.9?.and the esc is friendlier on the motor when using timming..
Using timming on the motor...way to aggressive, its a fine line...
AND after all that..The brakes suck with the SXX...Wheres the brakes we had with the SPX..now they are brakes....

In my sons 17.5...His novak balastic came in at 60 deg c..so I advanced the motor 1 more notch..It melted...
Very expensive day.....
Old 06-06-2010, 04:35 AM   #868
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecatts View Post
Not sure what happened,,But The first run it was HOT..115 deg c..Esc re set itself to factory settings? (Why it did this, I do not know?)
Took off 2 teeth, re set, less one on boost,,9 as to 10. settings are 3,3,9,5...
I suspect I killed it on the first run..motor was fried, esc fried,,so guys dont over gear..I thought it wasnt.7.53.as to 8.9?.and the esc is friendlier on the motor when using timming..
AND after all that..The brakes suck with the SXX...Wheres the brakes we had with the SPX..now they are brakes....

In my sons 17.5...His novak balastic came in at 60 deg c..so I advanced the motor 1 more notch..It melted...
Very expensive day.....
I had something similar happen to my Sphere TC - hottest day of the year and the motor and speed control got too hot towards the end of the run, power significantly dropped off in the last few laps. I stopped, let it cool down and dropped a power profile but I think that the damage had already been done - the car did half a lap, stopped and then the speedo blew up. Fortunately I don't think that it took the motor with it though.
A.Wojtecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:11 AM   #869
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecatts View Post

Very expensive day.....
from what I have heard, the x12 dont like high boost on the stock spec. 9/10 boost and your asking for trouble. If its still under 3 months old, send it back.

what timing did you have on the x12? And did you ever run the x12 with 203? if so what settings?

my stock spec had pretty good brakes actually. Better than the tekin 203, same everything as all I changed was speed controls.
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 AM   #870
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Todays tally

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Wojtecki View Post
I had something similar happen to my Sphere TC - hottest day of the year and the motor and speed control got too hot towards the end of the run, power significantly dropped off in the last few laps. I stopped, let it cool down and dropped a power profile but I think that the damage had already been done - the car did half a lap, stopped and then the speedo blew up. Fortunately I don't think that it took the motor with it though.
Hi..I had power for the first 2 laps..then it stopped....
Playing with the esc..It keeps re-setting to factory defaults...so I assume I killed it...

Bloody expensive race day today..
Last race of the season..I was in first place to win overall..second was 4 points behind and third was 11 i think...I had to push to get it..I wanted to win...
First in first qualy..then all down hill from there..

Tally today for me is

1 x RS-pro..
1 x 17.5 novak ballistic, new today, came in at 131 deg c
1 x 17.5 X12, new today came in at 112deg c
1 x 10.5 X12 came in at 115deg c

, My son runs 17.5,, First run it came in at 60 deg c, so I advance the motor timming 1 notch that killed the esc/motor on the second run,,as the Novak cam in at 132 degc..yep it melted..the wires fried and the solder came of one of the winds..weird how an extra 5 deg+ doubled the heat range...

The X12..just aint got no ressistance at all. came in at 112deg c..not too much higher than what LRP says u can run..100deg c..weird on that one

I suspect the SXX is dead as well...keeps re-setting...Bloody sick of these advanced esc,s..Will be racing mod next season...That way i can get away from the esc crap..
So over all, a very expensive day..about $900 Aus...

Last edited by mikecatts; 06-06-2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spelling
mikecatts is offline   Reply With Quote