R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 02:45 AM   #796
Tech Apprentice
 
Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
Guess there is still no answer to the cogging problem on MK3 utilising the Orion 11.5T pro stock motor.
Yesterday I used the Lipotech XR 10.5 with SXX-SS Mk3 and I had the same cogging problem. I tried different sensors cables, and with Novak cable the cogging disappeared!!!!!

I tried again the other cables (Speed Passion and LRP) and cogging returned.....................

How can cables be so different?
__________________
Awesomatix A800
Awesomatix A800X
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #797
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Too bad you are not joining. I will still try to solve the issue of the mk3 and worst comes to worst i have to end up using the Tekin while the Xe will be my backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
Andrew,

I won't be running @ FEMCA this weekend as I'll be visiting the "Land of the rising Sun"!.... have fun.... on the XERUN, that's really sounds interesting...
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:39 AM   #798
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
Too bad you are not joining. I will still try to solve the issue of the mk3 and worst comes to worst i have to end up using the Tekin while the Xe will be my backup.
Good luck
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #799
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Jonest, am still deciding which esc to use now. Even my chassis isnt prepared yet cos have choices of mk3, rs pro and xerun v2 to choose from. Enjoy your trip to the land of the rising sun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
Good luck
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #800
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I've tried the MK3 with team powers 11.5t just now... wasn't that fast till i changed it to X12 10.5t..... well I could keep 5.5t at bay... But I still have to work out the gearing... any1 has sugg?

Thanks
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:25 AM   #801
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
I've tried the MK3 with team powers 11.5t just now... wasn't that fast till i changed it to X12 10.5t..... well I could keep 5.5t at bay... But I still have to work out the gearing... any1 has sugg?

Thanks
Are u using the new Team Power 11.5t motor or the old ? what are the gearing u using for the team power motor ? i'm using 7.32fnr.. It was fast..
ckloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #802
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckloo View Post
Are u using the new Team Power 11.5t motor or the old ? what are the gearing u using for the team power motor ? i'm using 7.32fnr.. It was fast..
It was the new one was playing the gearing from 7.33 - 6.4. Motor timing: 0
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #803
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne, OZ
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
I've tried the MK3 with team powers 11.5t just now... wasn't that fast till i changed it to X12 10.5t..... well I could keep 5.5t at bay... But I still have to work out the gearing... any1 has sugg?

Thanks
It was quickest at around 8.8 with the X12 10.5 Try the feel on 4 and boost on6 or 7.
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #804
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanC View Post
It was quickest at around 8.8 with the X12 10.5 Try the feel on 4 and boost on6 or 7.
Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #805
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Andrew,

Just a sideline, is the RCS track ready? If it is, mind share some photos?

Kok kun kap.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #806
pmc
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pinhal novo - Portugal
Posts: 173
Default

Hello

anyone have tried the SXX SS with the new GM pro motors like 10,5T or 13,5T.??

wish is the performance of the speedo with this motors??

best regards:
Pedro Silva
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #807
Tech Fanatic
 
SalvadoriRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Posts: 928
Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanC View Post
It was quickest at around 8.8 with the X12 10.5 Try the feel on 4 and boost on6 or 7.
what are the dimensions and type of surface of the track you ran those settings? which motor timing and what was the environment temperature and motor temperature after run?
__________________
Salvadori Racing
www.salvadoriracing.com.br

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #808
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Seems like our stock class 11.5t orion motor is not compatible with mk3. All 7 units in my country cogs on it unless we advance the motor timing which is not allowed for stock class. So everyone else is going for hobbywing Xerun Firmware 422 while im still thinkin which esc i am goin to use. might try the mk3 when the handout motor is handed out for control practise.
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #809
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne, OZ
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing View Post
what are the dimensions and type of surface of the track you ran those settings? which motor timing and what was the environment temperature and motor temperature after run?
It's a small to medium size track on asphalt. I am using 2 dot timing (0 Deg) and the ambient temperature is around 20 deg C at the moment. The motor usually comes off the track at around 80 deg C.
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #810
Tech Apprentice
 
Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
Seems like our stock class 11.5t orion motor is not compatible with mk3. All 7 units in my country cogs on it unless we advance the motor timing which is not allowed for stock class. So everyone else is going for hobbywing Xerun Firmware 422 while im still thinkin which esc i am goin to use. might try the mk3 when the handout motor is handed out for control practise.
try the Novak shielded sensor harness, with it cogging disappear
__________________
Awesomatix A800
Awesomatix A800X
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP SXX TC SPEC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 190 08-20-2012 05:52 AM
LRP Vector X12 StockSpec and SXX stockspec mac853 Electric On-Road 224 03-27-2010 02:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net