R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #736
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF4evr View Post
it seems that there are some good feed backs on the mk3 upgrade on the esc and also some negative and dissapointed racers who have put in there hard earned money in purchasing the lrp sxx ss with cogging n other issues....

my question is where/who/which hobby shop would you buy from and have no worries of getting a good mk3 version or getting a dud one?
in the states/asia
In fact i bought in Stormer.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #737
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3,340
Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)
Default

It doesn't matter where you buy it from cause no one knows if there is a dud in the bunch or not. Luck of the draw you might say. It's all a gamble. Just like buying used.
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #738
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I've heard a whisper of the upgrade to mk3 being able to be done in Australia, anyone else heard anything more definite? If not who do I deal with, I bought mine from amainhobbies.

Cheers.
Tasmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:42 AM   #739
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kapiti, New Zealand
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I bought mine from Tower 6 weeks ago to go into my 1/12th but all the other guys at my club got the Tekin so the SPX just didnt cut it. It was a mk2 so I sent it back to AE in the states and 2 weeks later it arrived back, which was just last tuesday. Thats pretty quick seen as I live in New Zealand and it generally takes 7-10 days for anything from the USA or Hong Kong to get here. Ran it at interclub today, all i can say is dam it was fast Once setup right it was more than capable to beat the Tekins. I ran a X-12 13.5 4dot on a mediun sized track with fairly technical infield. Started at 6.8fdr 3.5.6.1. It was ok. Went to 7.5fdr and it just came to life but motor was still coming off a little hot. Finished at 8.19fdr 3.6.7.1 and all I can say is Yeah baby. Was told by one of the top drivers at the track we were visiting that mine had the most rip on the infield by far and had my driving been a bit better(only the third time on this track)I would have been right up there. LRP has made a great product as per usual but minor things like sensor leads, dirty motors and worn motor bearings and incorrect esc settings are more than likely the cause of most issues with the version 3 escs.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:44 AM   #740
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

hi guys
letting use know that i have been running mk3 software and still cogging at low speeds very disappointed in lrp
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #741
Tech Fanatic
 
jrxs-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Just to let everyone know... my Mk2 has been mint so far... only cogged on my once over the last weekend of racing.
__________________
Cheers,
Zack
___________________________________________________________________________
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #742
Tech Adept
 
sham55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Default hello

hy everyone im new user in this mk3 lrp stuff, im using a orion 11.5t motor it seems it just unstable with the orion stock 11.5 motor it heat fast within 30s n its hot does any body knoes whats the problem, my fdr is 8.57 feel 3 boost 6, mine shareing or give me advise on that pls thanks
sham55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #743
Tech Adept
 
sham55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Default :d

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
hi guys
letting use know that i have been running mk3 software and still cogging at low speeds very disappointed in lrp
i have the same problem to bro but now its ok u just try to change the sensor cable first, i tried it about 4 to 5 sensor cable n now its ok ..
sham55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:49 AM   #744
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kapiti, New Zealand
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham55 View Post
hy everyone im new user in this mk3 lrp stuff, im using a orion 11.5t motor it seems it just unstable with the orion stock 11.5 motor it heat fast within 30s n its hot does any body knoes whats the problem, my fdr is 8.57 feel 3 boost 6, mine shareing or give me advise on that pls thanks
Try dropping down a few pinions. Sounds like youre overgeared. I am now running 8.19 fdr with 13.5 and its awesome
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 AM   #745
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham55 View Post
hy everyone im new user in this mk3 lrp stuff, im using a orion 11.5t motor it seems it just unstable with the orion stock 11.5 motor it heat fast within 30s n its hot does any body knoes whats the problem, my fdr is 8.57 feel 3 boost 6, mine shareing or give me advise on that pls thanks
Hi, with SP 11.5T and MK3, I ran FDR around 5.0 on big outdoor track with Boost setting 7, Is your track very small?

Sometimes, the motor can overheat if the FDR is too high (pinion too small).
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #746
Tech Adept
 
sham55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Default thanks for shareing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew188 View Post
Hi, with SP 11.5T and MK3, I ran FDR around 5.0 on big outdoor track with Boost setting 7, Is your track very small?

Sometimes, the motor can overheat if the FDR is too high (pinion too small).
yea its not realy big track tho ... but will try some of your tip ill update it later on again thanks .. the temp here is about 34 / 38 degree c
sham55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #747
Tech Adept
 
sham55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Default thanks ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
Try dropping down a few pinions. Sounds like youre overgeared. I am now running 8.19 fdr with 13.5 and its awesome
im running on a t2 8.57 is overgear ? so u suggest me to drop down my pinions or spur gear ? ill try it again thanks for shareing
sham55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #748
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham55 View Post
yea its not realy big track tho ... but will try some of your tip ill update it later on again thanks .. the temp here is about 34 / 38 degree c
If your track is small, try somewhere around 6.0. At a semi technical track around the size of RCS, I would probably run somewhere around 5.3 to 5.7 with boost 6 or 7. I have never run on tracks much smaller than the size of RCS, but 8+ FDR for 11.5T seems too high, the motor would be spinning at too high RPM, and the feeling may be weird and you would get too much natural drag brake effect.

Anyway, when you test a new ratio or setting, be sure to temp your motor every 2-3 laps to make sure you won't burn anything
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #749
Tech Adept
 
sham55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Default thanks for advise :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew188 View Post
If your track is small, try somewhere around 6.0. At a semi technical track around the size of RCS, I would probably run somewhere around 5.3 to 5.7 with boost 6 or 7. I have never run on tracks much smaller than the size of RCS, but 8+ FDR for 11.5T seems too high, the motor would be spinning at too high RPM, and the feeling may be weird and you would get too much natural drag brake effect.

Anyway, when you test a new ratio or setting, be sure to temp your motor every 2-3 laps to make sure you won't burn anything
bro isnt if i drop down the fdr it becomes more hotter i ment overgear ?
sham55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #750
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham55 View Post
bro isnt if i drop down the fdr it becomes more hotter i ment overgear ?
you will find that motors can get hot if overgeared OR undergeared. There is a sweet spot for each motor/esc and it could vary from as big as 3fdr's. Ive geared my 17.5 as low as 4.5 and all the way up to 8. I would start by boost 5 and gear a 17.5 around 5, 10.5 around 7, and see how the temps are. If low, than boost up until your happy with the speed and temps. Then play with the gearing to fine tune.
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP SXX TC SPEC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 190 08-20-2012 05:52 AM
LRP Vector X12 StockSpec and SXX stockspec mac853 Electric On-Road 224 03-27-2010 02:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:41 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net