R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #691
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sean already posted why there is a double seal. They have to put the associated bar code over the LRP bar code.

Not happy to hear people are still cogging with MK3. This cost of this speed control will far exceed a Black Diamond soon based on all the postage sending it back. Associated has had my speed control longer than I have.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #692
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
Hi mate, It's Max from Maritime. With a Novak 10.5ss, you should be able to run punch 9 with the LRP SXX stock. Don't do feel over 2, because it's like a rocket off the line and theres no driveability, so i'm told. The people I know that have them (properly good/very fast working ones!) run this setting.

Start off at punch 7 then work up to 10. You CAN do full motor timing with the 10.5SS. The gearing should be at around 8.50. If you're worried about the motor burning, the ESC has a feature that shuts down if it gets too hot before it fries. Even on punch 10 they can get the thing to run for 5 mins before it shuts down. (A full race distance.)
hey maximus, i got my brand new replacment, even though the other one was a mkIII, this ones perfect, oh my god is it quick, feel1, boost10 and novak ss full advanced got to hot 1 min before end of race but fecking hell was it raaappppid! I cant drive now, its like 4 wheel power drift, big grin factor down the straight as i can pass anything but then thats followed by a crash, i think ill try 7, 8, 9! Stupid to start on 10 i know but i just wanted to see the ultimate difference between sxx ss and my spx ss and now i see where my moneys gone! love it at the mo but wishbones dont
so far so good, even though it took a 2nd one to get there, im def not under powered now!!
I here your having powerfull fun with the mamba
kosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #693
Tech Apprentice

i also tried at sidcup, still on 10 but slightly retarded from full, now it doesnt get to hot to finish at all but still way way way to fast, i done some standing starts with a couple of people before race and got asked if i was running modified, my eyes cant keep up with the car
kosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #694
Tech Regular

Just used the MK3 at the Dutch Nationals round 1 in my Xray T3. Program 10 and feel 10. With a FDR of 5,3 on this track with a 13.5T SP 3.0 motor with 9 degr. timing on the motor. Had the big LRP fan on the motor.
No problems at all. Ambient temp was 23 degrees celcius. Motor was max 70 degrees celcius. Punch and top speed were great.

Last edited by Joep; 04-25-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #695
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I have a brand new in box SXX Stock Spec with mk3 software listed here if anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post7318007
Jason Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #696
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Mk#

Hi all...
Used the Mk3 yesterday..
Novak 10.5 ballistic..Fully timmed (pass the last timming mark)..Feel 2, punch 10. FDR 9.06...Largish out door track. motor temp 55-60deg C..ESC temp..one light..>45c.
Fast, punchy and does not cogg...
major improvment from the SPX...As quick as the tekins..Brakes are not as good as the SPX..but I am carrying more speed....
And..easy to set-up....
Well done LRP..
Mike
Old 04-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #697
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep View Post
Just used the MK3 at the Dutch Nationals round 1 in my Xray T3. Program 10 and feel 10. With a FDR of 5,3 on this track with a SP 3.0 motor with 9 degr. timing on the motor. Had the big LRP fan on the motor.
No problems at all. Ambient temp was 23 degrees celcius. Motor was max 70 degrees celcius. Punch and top speed were great.
hi joep.

how many turns are your motor? im running the SP V3.0 13.5 on a track simular in size, but im geared 4,4 and the motor is only 60 degrees celcius after a 6 min run .

BR
steven
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #698
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
hi joep.

how many turns are your motor? im running the SP V3.0 13.5 on a track simular in size, but im geared 4,4 and the motor is only 60 degrees celcius after a 6 min run .

BR
steven
We tested between 5.7 and 4.9. But at 4.9 it became to hot and not enough punch and 5.7 not enough top speed. And fading was a problem at lower FDR (so below 5).
Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #699
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

update:
i have tested the MK3 now for 25 runs (a 7 min). feel is great, brakes are good but could be a little more sensitive. power is insane. i have had one issue of cogging but this was due to a badly connected sensor wire. tried the SP13.5T v3 and the lrp x11 13.5T and both work flawlessly. only question i cant answer sofar is the gearing. we have a rather technical track with some breaking etc. i geared it fdr 1:6,2 with boost 9. after 7 min run the motor came off at 75C. which should be ok. the speedpassion motor ran a few degrees cooler. i used a standard lrp fan on the motor. will try to get a more powerful fan to really let it rip next time around. so if you occur any cogging problems, i found that the most frequent solution is the sensor wire connection. my speedpassion started doing it, and then i discovered that due to a crash the sensor plate in the motor was a little loose and so it did not work correctly anymore. opened motor, cleaned it, put it back in place...and everything was okidoki.
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #700
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
update:
i have tested the MK3 now for 25 runs (a 7 min). feel is great, brakes are good but could be a little more sensitive. power is insane. i have had one issue of cogging but this was due to a badly connected sensor wire. tried the SP13.5T v3 and the lrp x11 13.5T and both work flawlessly. only question i cant answer sofar is the gearing. we have a rather technical track with some breaking etc. i geared it fdr 1:6,2 with boost 9. after 7 min run the motor came off at 75C. which should be ok. the speedpassion motor ran a few degrees cooler. i used a standard lrp fan on the motor. will try to get a more powerful fan to really let it rip next time around. so if you occur any cogging problems, i found that the most frequent solution is the sensor wire connection. my speedpassion started doing it, and then i discovered that due to a crash the sensor plate in the motor was a little loose and so it did not work correctly anymore. opened motor, cleaned it, put it back in place...and everything was okidoki.
that's good feed back regarding lrp sxx ss as its all been negative lately..so where did you purchase your lrp esc
?
TRF4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #701
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

bought mine at my local hobby shop (europe/austria). had to send it in twice since it had mk1 installed. but the new software was worth a wait, because i still think that the lrp has the best "feel" to it.
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #702
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A few racers and myself are having issues with our SXX stock spec. We are using it in World GT, 1 cell with 13.5. We have made several attempts to change the profile and boost but were still not getting the "punch" in the corner and getting up to speed until half way down the straight away. We tried gearing as well. Any help would be appreciated. THX
CB-OnRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #703
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmic View Post
i also tried at sidcup, still on 10 but slightly retarded from full, now it doesnt get to hot to finish at all but still way way way to fast, i done some standing starts with a couple of people before race and got asked if i was running modified, my eyes cant keep up with the car
I was going to say that running at Sidcup at those high settings will make you slower in laptime, not faster. To be honest, i've found out now that with my Mamba the laptimes are slower with a 10.5 at high settings. It just wheelspins everywhere on a small carpet layout. As soon as I got back to a 13.5 and got it very fast on the straight, that got me straight back in the As. Even with a 13.5 in it had twice the acceleration as the SPX with a 10.5 in!
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #704
Tech Regular

To cure the MMP's too aggressive power, turn the punch control down to 70%. I suspect you have it set to 'disabled' and thats undriveable, especially indoors!
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #705
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass View Post
To cure the MMP's too aggressive power, turn the punch control down to 70%. I suspect you have it set to 'disabled' and thats undriveable, especially indoors!
Yes I did last Thursday. 50%.
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote