R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaznjoe View Post
Silly...possibly stupid...question..............
Can you wire a brushed motor to the LRP SXX stock spec and will it work????
I know the Tekin states you can run both Brushed and Brushless, is the LRP the same?
Has anyone tried this?
The SXX speedies are BRUSHLESS only compatible. They wont work with brushed.

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #662
Tech Apprentice

Im really impressed with my LRP SXX stockspec esc was really easy to set up and I found it just as fast if not faster as the GM's and Tekins.

I still think alot of it is down to the right gearing, i was speaking to a guy at the Union Square GP at Aberdeen, Scotland on sunday and he was running the highest setting he could get with the speedo and was still quite slow compared to my car that was geared correctly.

I have found if you gear the car right the speedo is up there with the fastest using just the standard default settings, turn the punch up and it goes like a rocket.

No messing with laptops track side with this speedo either, companies spend millions developing a speedo and finding the perfect set ups on it making there best drivers develop it so the product will be fast.

I wouldnt like to spend most of my time trackside messing with so many paramaters on the laptop to make the car faster.

I have the latest V3 speedo and its great.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #663
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Howe View Post
I wouldnt like to spend most of my time trackside messing with so many paramaters on the laptop to make the car faster.
I agree, I would rather work on balance/setup of the car. When a weekend at the track is only 15min of race time and another 15 of practice....no thanks on tinkering with the ESC settings for weeks on end.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #664
Tech Adept

Quote:
I have found if you gear the car right the speedo is up there with the fastest using just the standard default settings, turn the punch up and it goes like a rocket.
how do you find the correct gearing, testing or a computerprogram ?? i think it would help some guys in this tread, i know it will help me
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.

Last edited by StevenOlsen; 04-23-2010 at 02:15 AM.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #665
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Im really impressed with my LRP SXX stockspec esc was really easy to set up and I found it just as fast if not faster as the GM's and Tekins.

I still think alot of it is down to the right gearing, i was speaking to a guy at the Union Square GP at Aberdeen, Scotland on sunday and he was running the highest setting he could get with the speedo and was still quite slow compared to my car that was geared correctly.

No messing with laptops track side with this speedo either, companies spend millions developing a speedo and finding the perfect set ups on it making there best drivers develop it so the product will be fast.

Hey Adam good for you, I am very happy for you!

I just purchased a LRP Stock Spec MK III took it out of the box last night installed it in the car, did the one touch setup..... pull the trigger and.......Poooooffff...nothing but smoke!
$250 down the drain 1 day before the Roar Region 12 Championships this weekend! I never even got to set the car on the track!

Pissed off!

I'm not a Business man, but I'm the Bizzness man!!!
Sean Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #666
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams View Post

I just purchased a LRP Stock Spec MK III took it out of the box last night installed it in the car, did the one touch setup..... pull the trigger and.......Poooooffff...nothing but smoke!
$250 down the drain 1 day before the Roar Region 12 Championships this weekend! I never even got to set the car on the track!

Pissed off!
I have seen this happened before. What motor are you using?
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #667
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just like to thank LRP for their excellent customer service with my SXX
Superkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 AM   #668
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkarter View Post
Lrp would like to thank you for waiting till they sorted there sh#t out.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 AM   #669
Tech Initiate

Quote:

+1....to sum up the differance between the SXX and other lap top "needed" ESC's it pulls well all the way through the Rev range,no need to worry about when your Turbo point kicks in for various tracks....oh and did I mention about the superb brakes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:52 AM   #670
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardiw View Post
@max
it requires NTC on motor to shutdown / read out motor temp
This is not whats happening as two cars at my club run this combo (Novak 10.5ss with LRP SSX stock spec) and if the motor starts getting way too hot it shuts down. As soon as they went down 1 on punch it lasted another minute or so.
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:58 AM   #671
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkarter View Post
how long did it take?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #672
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
how do you find the correct gearing, testing or a computerprogram ?? i think it would help some guys in this tread, i know it will help me
Generally i leave the speedo on low settings try the car and if its lacking and the motor is not hot, go up a couple of teeth untill motor starts warming i then usually check my lap times and increase punch and feel if its neccesary, alot of the time if you get a good ratio for a track a similar track doesnt require much tweaking, i always use fans on motor and speedo. Most cars have nearly the same internal ratio too so if there is a really fast guy ask them what ratio they are running and generally they will help you out and try it.

I run a Top Photon on smaller indoor tracks and use a 84spur 30pinion but when i go to a massive outdoor track i go up a min of 5 pinions with the same spur. Then a little tweaking with speedo punch.

Im sure if anyone has a fault with a speedo the customer service at LRP is second to non im sure they will help there customers where ever possible
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:

Pissed off!
some1 reminded me to set the throttle reverse before setting it on the esc (as recommended on the manual). Could this be the problem?
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #674
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Pissed off!
Ive had a Tekin do that, 5 weeks to get it replaced.
reynard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #675
Tech Rookie

Default settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
some1 reminded me to set the throttle reverse before setting it on the esc (as recommended on the manual). Could this be the problem?
Is this true?
hillbilly_bumfc is offline   Reply With Quote