R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #646
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
hey guys,

let me get it right, speedo has problems, stock motors heat very fast, why shall i consider buying LRP/Nosram?? i am new to electric and need something reliable and easy to use/tune. we also dont have a local LRP/Nosram dealer here so ill order from the net, its not gonna be possible to resend stuff or call costumer service.

i'm lost

cheers
Ali
I'm sure the LRP Engineers will get things sorted eventually, and the SXX Stock Spec will be an excellent speedy. However, the LRP Marketing folk really missed the mark by not specifying a firmware update capability for the speedy.

At present, the overwhelming majority of my club's stock drivers, are running the Tekin RS v203 speedy.

Some of us are waiting for a stable LRP SXX Stock Spec (Mk5?) to appear.

Cheers
"I'm either retired or unemployed, depending on when the money runs out !" > AERCCC_#25 > LargeOutdoorAsphaltTrack > CycloneTC + TekinRS_HWXerun_ESCs + Duo2_17.5 + SMC_Fantom_LiPos + BLS551 + MX3FG + TC1030 + MM >> =======TRACK_VIEW_FROM_SPACE========> http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],138.560313&ll=-34.857766,138.560313&z=19&t=h&nmd=20100614
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #647
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks for the answer man

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #648
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo1974 View Post
At present, the overwhelming majority of my club's stock drivers, are running the Tekin RS v203 speedy.

Some of us are waiting for a stable LRP SXX Stock Spec (Mk5?) to appear.

Cheers
+ 1 Hurry up LRP and get this sorted so i can buy a new speedy please.

The tekin is a fickle beast that takes lots of race day time to be fast and not destroy things. There are also a fair few Tekin's that pop and don't go so every company has bad apples especially when you are rushing a product onto the market to keep up with HIGH user demand.

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #649
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay m View Post
any one having any probs with the mk3 software a mate at the track to day with x12 17.5 had over heating problems all day untill the speedy packed it in tried gearing it different with no luck went from one extreme to the other retarted timing on the engine. engine would not go a lap without overheating but was on par with other cars on the track performance it was good. should mention that mk2 ran fine temp wise
What was your temp? The X12 stock motors run hotter than most other motors (75-100 C after 5 min)
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #650
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

well after all day trying things we ended up with an identical setup as another bloke at the track with the same car esc motor that had no trouble rollout and profiles the same and ran it knowing it wasnt going to be good, it lasted 5 minutes then desoildered internaly in the motor and it got to 162c but tried another motor and found the esc was not good and decided not to blow another motor. i think the esc was causing excessive heat due to being faulty. question if the motor got that hot shouldnt the esc shut down. hard at this stage for him to want to buy another lrp sxx
jay m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #651
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmic View Post
Thats fu(k1ng rediculous, how am i or anyone else suppose to run one of these speedos when 4 identicle motors dont all run the same on it. Im gutted really, 200+ down and now not only am i worse off than when i owned my spx, i had to pack away and not run this week at all!! Someone must be able to tell me how the hell i run a brand new sxx ss(mkIII) with a 10.5 novak ss without problems
ITS DOING MY HEAD IN
I wanted to race tomorrow outdoors, but as the track is an hour and half drive away im not going with my mates because im unsure on whether my replacement one from yesterday will be ok
:flam ing:: flaming::flami ng:
Hi mate, It's Max from Maritime. With a Novak 10.5ss, you should be able to run punch 9 with the LRP SXX stock. Don't do feel over 2, because it's like a rocket off the line and theres no driveability, so i'm told. The people I know that have them (properly good/very fast working ones!) run this setting.

Start off at punch 7 then work up to 10. You CAN do full motor timing with the 10.5SS. The gearing should be at around 8.50. If you're worried about the motor burning, the ESC has a feature that shuts down if it gets too hot before it fries. Even on punch 10 they can get the thing to run for 5 mins before it shuts down. (A full race distance.)
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #652
Tech Adept

It would be nice for someone from lrp to comment on some of the posts on here with reference to the v3 updated sxx .
ATLASCOPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #653
Tech Apprentice

@max
it requires NTC on motor to shutdown / read out motor temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
If you're worried about the motor burning, the ESC has a feature that shuts down if it gets too hot before it fries. Even on punch 10 they can get the thing to run for 5 mins before it shuts down. (A full race distance.)

Last edited by leonardiw; 04-19-2010 at 06:50 PM.
leonardiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #654
Tech Initiate

I Have just ran my Mk3 version against some top opposition(A main) in a regional UK championship (SLCC) and I can honestly say without any doubt I was not short of power on any part of a known UK "power" track!
In fact I back to back tested with another well known speedo I own,I prefered the SXX due to its smoothness of throtle and importantly the very impressive consistant brakes

GM 13.5(12.3 rotor),10 deg can timing.Punch/feel 6,boost 9,FDR 6.66 with perfect temp's and not an ounce of problems...unlike others makes that were gogging,stuttering, loosing profiles, dropping into sensorless mode or left motionless on the grid .....Ive never heard so many F&@*'s or seen so many heads burried in lap tops..not me,just a quick "juggle" and balance with punch and boost

Ps this speedo seems to match well with the torquy type motors.

Last edited by lesbaldry; 04-21-2010 at 01:04 AM.
lesbaldry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #655
Tech Adept

Does anyone know the spec of the original capacitor that comes with SXX Stock spec? I need to buy some for replacement.
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #656
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
please explain how you would know what total timing you have?

personally I dont think boost settings change the cogging, mine cogs on ALL boost settings.
This would be good to know.

What are the timing values for the different boost levels ?

Sydney Radio Control Off Road Car Club Inc.
www.sydneyrc.com
Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #657
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I need help on setting as the track i practise on is smaller then the diagram track layout that i am going to compete in. The power is great but i feel that i keep overshooting my racing line on the smaller track as it is mostly 90deg corners with a short straight of 25 to 30 feet. I dont like initial brakes as i like to pull away right after each corner but upon approaching the corner i overshot it. Motor is orion 11.5t pro spec with ss mk3. fdr at the moment is 10.2 as there is more torque for smaller track. fdr of 8 plus keeps on overshooting and hitting the barrier. Look at the track layout and advice on settings if anyone is kind enough as i am going against esc of speedpassion, tekins and xerun.

Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #658
Tech Initiate

Making a stock class motor rev its nuts off will cause stuttering issues along with lots of heat,try a torquy brand with the SXX and take time to play with settings/ratios, at least keep the can timing at Zero and let the speedo do the advance for a starting point...,its a balancing act which is very motor make specific,some motors come with a pile of advance out of the box.

Using someone elses speedo settings/profile is fine to a degree but copying a final drive ratio is a bad move if the motor is of a different make.

Last edited by lesbaldry; 04-21-2010 at 05:55 AM.
lesbaldry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #659
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
I need help on setting as the track i practise on is smaller then the diagram track layout that i am going to compete in. The power is great but i feel that i keep overshooting my racing line on the smaller track as it is mostly 90deg corners with a short straight of 25 to 30 feet. I dont like initial brakes as i like to pull away right after each corner but upon approaching the corner i overshot it. Motor is orion 11.5t pro spec with ss mk3. fdr at the moment is 10.2 as there is more torque for smaller track. fdr of 8 plus keeps on overshooting and hitting the barrier. Look at the track layout and advice on settings if anyone is kind enough as i am going against esc of speedpassion, tekins and xerun.

I think the problem is not so much on the speed controller. I think you may be overspeeding, that may be the reason you overshot the corners. My advice is to focus on your driving line and brake earlier
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #660
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Questions??

Silly...possibly stupid...question..............
Can you wire a brushed motor to the LRP SXX stock spec and will it work????
I know the Tekin states you can run both Brushed and Brushless, is the LRP the same?
Has anyone tried this?