Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC >

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Old 04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tried the mk3 last night against tekin on very technical corners of 90deg with a 60feet straight. Torque was very good and it all depends on racing line. On the straight the tekin manage to pull away from me 1/2 of ths straight line but manage to push the tekin in the inside field. Gearing was at 7.99 fdr, temp after 5min 60plus deg c on the motor. and 45 deg c on the esc. Is it advisable to go gown till 7.5fdr so that i can pull away from the straights?

Only issue i have a couple of times on the mk3 is when i switch it off the motor runs as if i throttle it then stop. So far, am happy with it but reading the post of others regarding cogging worries me.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
There were problems here with the MKII version, but not with MKIII

If you have timing on the motor, retard it as much as you can and try again.
We are running no timing on the motor besides whats built in. Ill try another motor tomorrow and see how we go. Ive also notoced it worse with a fresh battery, its not a problem after the 3m mark of a race....
Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

If i have a motor with fixed non adjustable timing, will it be absolutely 100% trouble free then, no cogging at any setting with any brand motor with fixed timing ????????????
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If i have a motor with fixed non adjustable timing, will it be absolutely 100% trouble free then, no cogging at any setting with any brand motor with fixed timing ????????????
Kosmic,

If you are lucky it won't. 4 new SXX SS speedos with LRP Fixed timing motors at our local track today.

2 were fine, the other 2 had cogging!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thats fu(k1ng rediculous, how am i or anyone else suppose to run one of these speedos when 4 identicle motors dont all run the same on it. Im gutted really, £200+ down and now not only am i worse off than when i owned my spx, i had to pack away and not run this week at all!! Someone must be able to tell me how the hell i run a brand new sxx ss(mkIII) with a 10.5 novak ss without problems
ITS DOING MY HEAD IN
I wanted to race tomorrow outdoors, but as the track is an hour and half drive away im not going with my mates because im unsure on whether my replacement one from yesterday will be ok
:flam ing:: flaming::flami ng:
Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

just a small question, if am building a 1/10 car for a 13.5t Motor, shall i get the SXX stock spec or the TC esc?? what are the main differences between them and if i get the stock spec, will i be able to run a faster motor, lets say a 5.5T later??

how would you compare 2 cars, same set-up, same motor, same pack but one with Stock spec and one with TC esc??

cheers

Ali
Old 04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hey guys,

just a small question, if am building a 1/10 car for a 13.5t Motor, shall i get the SXX stock spec or the TC esc?? what are the main differences between them and if i get the stock spec, will i be able to run a faster motor, lets say a 5.5T later??

how would you compare 2 cars, same set-up, same motor, same pack but one with Stock spec and one with TC esc??

cheers

Ali

I`m in the same boat as you`re KWT-NITRO.
But after seeing and hearing what is going on with the SXX ss, i think i`ll pass and go ahead with plan #2.
I honestly think for such a huge company as LRP are, they sure screwed up royally with this speedo.
I for one will not be buying anymore Lrp products.
They just don`t seem to give a dam regarding their products.
Why did i say that you say?
Reason... my brother bought this speedo monday, mk3 i may add.
Not even 2 to 3 minutes runtime, cogging like crazy, tried retarding the timing on the motor to no avail. Called customer service to rectify this problem...the idiot on the line seem to think i`m doing something completely wrong.Buddy i`ve been racing 6 to 7 years now, i think by now i know what i`m doing....after telling him that he promptly hang up the phone.

After that debacle with the SXX ss, i`ve washed my hands clean of LRP products forever. At least my trusty old tekin rs never gave me the problems that that crap( SXX ss ) gave me. And BTW my tekin has lots of breaks... so i honestly don`t know what the other guys that are complaing about are doing. Peace out guys, maybe you will have better luck than i did.

Last edited by nitro ho; 04-17-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
I`m in the same boat as you`re KWT-NITRO.
But after seeing and hearing what is going on with the SXX ss, i think i`ll pass and go ahead with plan #2.
I honestly think for such a huge company as LRP are, they sure screwed up royally with this speedo.
I for one will not be buying anymore Lrp products.
They just don`t seem to give a dam regarding their products.
Why did i say that you say?
Reason... my brother bought this speedo monday, mk3 i may add.
Not even 2 to 3 minutes runtime, cogging like crazy, tried retarding the timing on the motor to no avail. Called customer service to rectify this problem...the idiot on the line seem to think i`m doing something completely wrong.Buddy i`ve been racing 6 to 7 years now, i think by now i know what i`m doing....after telling him that he promptly hang up the phone.

After that debacle with the SXX ss, i`ve washed my hands clean of LRP products forever. At least my trusty old tekin rs never gave me the problems that that crap( SXX ss ) gave me. And BTW my tekin has lots of breaks... so i honestly don`t know what the other guys that are complaing about are doing. Peace out guys, maybe you will have better luck than i did.
I know of a racer here that went to Tekin, the first one plain went dead for no apparent reason. The brand new replacement from Tekin didn't even fire up right out of the box. Moral of the story.........pick your poison the all have faults. Just saying.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I know of a racer here that went to Tekin, the first one plain went dead for no apparent reason. The brand new replacement from Tekin didn't even fire up right out of the box. Moral of the story.........pick your poison the all have faults. Just saying.
+1
Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

hello,

thanks for the answer, its sad to hear this about a huge company like LRP, to be honest, i'm thinking about the NOSRAM Pearl specracing esc
http://www.nosram.com/en/products/el...hless/details/
its the same as the LRP SS, so do you guys think the problem is also on the Nosram as its the same as the LRP??

does the TC esc have the same issues???

the reason why i'm thinking about the SS is to be able to run it on 1/12s without a booster or a RX pack.

cheers

ALi
Old 04-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

As far as im aware the nosram will be identicle, iv had nosram versions before and the only diffence is the colour!!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ive just looked at one of my hobby shop suppliers web page who i buy lots of stuff from and they have the nosram ss on there for exactly the same price, the part no. is 90910 (lrp is 80910) and is says v3 firmware- so my guess is they are the same speedo
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any one having any probs with the mk3 software a mate at the track to day with x12 17.5 had over heating problems all day untill the speedy packed it in tried gearing it different with no luck went from one extreme to the other retarted timing on the engine. engine would not go a lap without overheating but was on par with other cars on the track performance it was good. should mention that mk2 ran fine temp wise
Old 04-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jay m
any one having any probs with the mk3 software a mate at the track to day with x12 17.5 had over heating problems all day untill the speedy packed it in tried gearing it different with no luck went from one extreme to the other retarted timing on the engine. engine would not go a lap without overheating but was on par with other cars on the track performance it was good. should mention that mk2 ran fine temp wise
With an x12 17,5T you should use the oooo timing.You also should use a fan. The x12 Stock Spec motors are overheating very fast if it´s not cooled.
My ECS Setup for the 17.5T 0/3/5/0 (indoor)
Old 04-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

hey guys,

let me get it right, speedo has problems, stock motors heat very fast, why shall i consider buying LRP/Nosram?? i am new to electric and need something reliable and easy to use/tune. we also dont have a local LRP/Nosram dealer here so ill order from the net, its not gonna be possible to resend stuff or call costumer service.

i'm lost

cheers
Ali

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.