R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2010, 02:22 AM   #541
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
hi
i am not a lrp employee, but i can say this. i sent in my SXX SS and got it back in time for some testing over the weekend. all i can say is WOW they really sorted out the troubles. speedo now worked like a charm. it had super feeling to it and the speed was just insane. i did have some trķubles in the first run (cogging) but this was due to a bad sensor wire which i changed for the rest of the day and it worked flawlessly. fyi my settings:

motor 13.5T speedpassion v3
SXX SS
feel 2
boost 9
fdr: 1:5,5
temperature after 7 min: 65°C

finally LRP got it together.
Where did you send it too?

Regards
Tim
Superkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:41 AM   #542
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkarter View Post
Where did you send it too?

Regards
Tim
since i am living in europe i sent it to LRP Germany directly. i think the correct adress can be found on their homepage (www.lrp.cc). i am however not sure if there is another way if you are an US or other resident.
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:04 AM   #543
Tech Adept

Hello, i run in modified, i need to buy a new ESC, and i think to buy a SXX TC but my question is, somebody test SXX ss in mod? or is exclusive for Stock.
Always i run with Nosram products (same LRP, but red) in mod, and Tekin ESC in Stock with lrp motor.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #544
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
Hello, i run in modified, i need to buy a new ESC, and i think to buy a SXX TC but my question is, somebody test SXX ss in mod? or is exclusive for Stock.
Always i run with Nosram products (same LRP, but red) in mod, and Tekin ESC in Stock with lrp motor.

Greetings, Luis C.
not an expert on modified. you can drive modified with the SXX SS. although only in the lower profiles i would suggest. however, if your running modified exclusively i would definitely go for the SXX TC as the SXX SS is mainly designed for the stock motors (10.5T - 21.5T). just my2cents
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #545
Tech Adept

Quote:

Greetings, Luis C.
I have run SXX SS with SP 7.5T, and the speed is about the same as 4.5T with SXX. I think it was easier to drive because the bottom end is not as punchy as 4.5T. I ran Feel = 1 and Boost = 4, and the final gear of 6.2 on a huge outdoor asphalt track. The motor was cooler than 4.5T/SXX combo also. If you need more punch, just increase the Feel. Just remember to add a fan to the SXX SS, just to be on the safe side.
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #546
Tech Adept

Thanks for responses, now i have a big dude .

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #547
Tech Adept

Quote:

Greetings, Luis C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
not an expert on modified. you can drive modified with the SXX SS. although only in the lower profiles i would suggest. however, if your running modified exclusively i would definitely go for the SXX TC as the SXX SS is mainly designed for the stock motors (10.5T - 21.5T). just my2cents
Like vitomon said, the SXX Stock Spec is (as the name already states) specifically for stock racing. You should keep the profiles on 1 or 2 max. For modified racing it's better to use the combination of the LRP SXX TC and the Octa wind motors.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #548
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks for responses, now i have a big dude .

Greetings, Luis C.
Hi Luis, another thing I like to add is with 7.5T/SXX SS combo, you can run a larger pinion than 4.5T/SXX combo, meaning there will be less natural drag brake effect which in my opinion allows you to carry more speed thru the corners with most driving styles. The motor is also spinning at less RPM.
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #549
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for your replies...

Ok, heres another one,

SPX/SXXSS with 10.5 motor VS GTB with 5.5 motor;
-Which one will be fatster in a drag race?
-Which one will be more efficient?
-Any advantage of the GTB set up over the SPX/SXXSS set up
and vice versa?
-Efficiency and motor temp?
-Timing problems?

Thanks.
Airflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #550
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
Thanks for your replies...

Ok, heres another one,

SPX/SXXSS with 10.5 motor VS GTB with 5.5 motor;
-Which one will be fatster in a drag race?
-Which one will be more efficient?
-Any advantage of the GTB set up over the SPX/SXXSS set up
and vice versa?
-Efficiency and motor temp?
-Timing problems?

Thanks.
- I don't think there will be much difference in a drag race anymore, considering the high speeds of stock motors these days. You can see it with all the big races, the modified drivers with 4.0 motors are just 0.2 of a second faster than the 13.5 turns stock drivers. So that won't be a big difference anymore.

- As for efficiency, the stock motors are more efficient than the modified motors, due to a combination of factors. For example a 10.5 won't use as much power as a 5.5, resulting in longer driving times.

- The advantage of racing the SXX Stock Spec with a 10.5 over a GTB with a 5.5 is that a 10.5 will give the car a more smooth feeling making it easier to drive fast through short turns and accelerating out of corners. To compensate this, you would have to lower the power program of your GTB to have that same smooth feeling, giving you less power. Making the gap between the two motors even smaller.

- As for temperature, that really depends on the motor that you're using. When using f.e. a Speed Passion motor it's better not to get it above 85/90 degrees (Celsius) when using a LRP, it not problem when it get above 100.

- Than for the timing, with this one there is one very important thing. When you don't know that much about timing, it better not to mess with it too much, since you could really damage you electrics with it when doing it wrong. So best just to keep that standard.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #551
Tech Rookie

Tried my SXX SS yesterday and all i can say is WOW its fast!
youngben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #552
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Thomson View Post
- I don't think there will be much difference in a drag race anymore, considering the high speeds of stock motors these days. You can see it with all the big races, the modified drivers with 4.0 motors are just 0.2 of a second faster than the 13.5 turns stock drivers. So that won't be a big difference anymore.

- As for efficiency, the stock motors are more efficient than the modified motors, due to a combination of factors. For example a 10.5 won't use as much power as a 5.5, resulting in longer driving times.

- The advantage of racing the SXX Stock Spec with a 10.5 over a GTB with a 5.5 is that a 10.5 will give the car a more smooth feeling making it easier to drive fast through short turns and accelerating out of corners. To compensate this, you would have to lower the power program of your GTB to have that same smooth feeling, giving you less power. Making the gap between the two motors even smaller.

- As for temperature, that really depends on the motor that you're using. When using f.e. a Speed Passion motor it's better not to get it above 85/90 degrees (Celsius) when using a LRP, it not problem when it get above 100.

- Than for the timing, with this one there is one very important thing. When you don't know that much about timing, it better not to mess with it too much, since you could really damage you electrics with it when doing it wrong. So best just to keep that standard.

Thanks for your reply, appreciated it.
Airflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #553
Tech Rookie

I like my SXX SS very well. I have another one new in box if someone is looking for one. Just PM me. I think LRP has hit on a win with this one.
hussel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 AM   #554
Tech Adept

Normally we write always when we have some troubles but i want to share my experience with LRP.
I had a problem with 2 SXX SS Mk2 and with one SXX TC.
First SXX SS has been changed by LRP in less than 3 weeks (not bad) and the second SXX SS + TC in 5 days, Excellent also I live in Italy so i'm not so near to Germany.
Thanks to Reto and the other guys working in LRP for their help/support.
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #555
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the mk3 performance better than the mk2 if the mk2 is working well without the cogging problem?
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote