R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #301
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burney View Post
thats good to hear i have a mk1 version here and im thinking whether to even open it if becasue i havent seen anyone who doesnt have problems with it but if you are getting on with it that give me a glimmer of hope. do you not get the stuttering problem then??
Nope, no stuttering at all. I ran another four packs through it tonight without missing a beat in 17.5 sedan with an X-12.

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #302
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm praying to the RC gods that my replacement arrives today. Everyone think good thoughts for me. 3 weeks of no RC is killing me.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #303
Tech Adept

put it in the car it seemed ok on the desk put it on the track very slight cogging out of corners it intensified the more packs i put threw it. it was undrivable had to pull it out and put my spx back in sad times.
Burney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #304
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burney View Post
put it in the car it seemed ok on the desk put it on the track very slight cogging out of corners it intensified the more packs i put threw it. it was undrivable had to pull it out and put my spx back in sad times.
version 1 or 2?
what motor?
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #305
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Got mine today! Mk2 version, no stuttering, good to go! I also did not have any problems with the first version either btw.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #306
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Got mine today! Mk2 version, no stuttering, good to go! I also did not have any problems with the first version either btw.
No go for me getting mine today Not looking good for the regionals race unless it arrives tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #307
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Received my MKII today... soldering her up now. It sure looks pretty!
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #308
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Furman View Post
Received my MKII today... soldering her up now. It sure looks pretty!

How did they send yours? UPS or USPS? I asked for expedited shipping and no speed control.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
How did they send yours? UPS or USPS? I asked for expedited shipping and no speed control.
So you just asked for a box?
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #310
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
So you just asked for a box?
I didn't even get a box.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #311
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear View Post
you have to push the car!? what radio are you using?
Am using the M11X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I know you already checked the sensor wire but make sure you use a small tool and push it all the way in the speedo. It really sits down in the hole a good ways and doesnt stick out at all. You cant push it in all the way by finger alone (unless you have figers of an 8 year old! LOL).

EA
I did that....still no response.

In fact, I tried to reset the throttle and brake on the esc 2 days ago......and smoke came out from the esc. I guess the esc is long gone now. Really sad.....coz drivers with the SXX Stock Spec is performing really well against the Tekins here in TITC 2010. The esc is awesome!!!
shahrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #312
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggers View Post
I can't fault the service from LRP Germany. Sent my SSX SS back to LRP Germany from the UK and received it back yesterday. LRP emailed me when they had returned it with tracking details and it arrived in good time. End to end it took 2 weeks Very pleased.
Now it has MkII firmware and is working like a dream. Can't wait to test on the track on Friday Will share 13.5 X12 setups when raced over weekend.

Shame some of the SXX SS's had firmware issues at the start, but can't fault LRP for there service getting this sorted.

Cheers,
Jason

Well after my first tests with the SXX SS installed, I have mixed feelings. Testing in TC 13.5 class using X12 motor on indoor carpet. Put 4 packs through it and the ESC is awesome !! This has the legs on the Tekin's and the bottom end rip out the corners is the best ! Very very happy with the speedo at this point, so decided for the final round to reduce my 'Feel' profile from 7 to 4. From this point on, my mood changed towards this ESC very quickly !

Motor cogged and then nothing. The speedo has full lights on, power to servo and all lights indicate no issue. I've changed motors and sensor leads twice with no change, I don't get any response from the motor at all. Very disappointed and now preparing for this to be sent back to LRP for the 2nd time in as many weeks !

If it wasn't for the performance of the SXX SS, then I'd give up on it, but from what I did test, it's very rapid , so will be patient for the 2nd time while it heads back to Germany. I do so hope this is not another common issue

Cheers,
Jason
Old 02-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #313
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggers View Post
Well after my first tests with the SXX SS installed, I have mixed feelings. Testing in TC 13.5 class using X12 motor on indoor carpet. Put 4 packs through it and the ESC is awesome !! This has the legs on the Tekin's and the bottom end rip out the corners is the best ! Very very happy with the speedo at this point, so decided for the final round to reduce my 'Feel' profile from 7 to 4. From this point on, my mood changed towards this ESC very quickly !

Cheers,
Jason
tell me about the 'feel' profile. Is it like the 'power profile' on the standard sxx? What does going from 7 to 4 do, less timing?

Cant seem to find the lrp sxx stock spec manual to download anywhere.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #314
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
tell me about the 'feel' profile. Is it like the 'power profile' on the standard sxx? What does going from 7 to 4 do, less timing?

Cant seem to find the lrp sxx stock spec manual to download anywhere.
What, captain?
Are sure or you have no willing to find it?
It's here!
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #315
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
What, captain?
Are sure or you have no willing to find it?
It's here!
thanks, I was looking up www.rc10.com and the manual hasnt found its way there, yet.

I dont see how going from 7 to 4 would give him smoking problems. It's basically the esc 'expo' function!

this speedo has started to make a name for itself!

might just have to get a hold of another spx until they iron out the bugs.