R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
I don't think Associated sponsors any stock drivers though.
AE encourages their drivers to run modified, but we can run other classes if we choose.

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I will be most likely first one here who will say that SXX Stock Spec is rubbish at the moment. It is fast if you have luck and you get good piece but if you don't you can throw it straight out of window. Fact is that at ETS there were delivered several SXX Stock Specs straight from Germany. I managed to get one of these. I discussed setup with Jiri Mara which made A final (and had issues with speedo as well - but only minor compared to others), so I had good source of informations. Speedo was cogging on bench when applied half throttle. Same problem had almost everyone (if not everyone) who got speedo from this batch. First batch that hit Czech Republic before ETS had 3 failures out of 5 speedoes.

I belive that there is problem somewhere and in my eyes is big disappointment this time as LRP released speedo that isn't working properly for everyone (for most people actually).
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #153
Tech Apprentice

hi guys, im in the market for a new esc, i currently run SPX stock spec but want to have a play with mod 4.5t with LIPO 2s 7.4v...can my spx take it..? from what i make out from instructions i think it should but has anyone actually tried it with 4.5 and lipo??

if it cant take it i had been looking at getting the SXX TC spec for 4.5T lipo, but now i see the SXX stock spec is released and wondered if this would be a better choice, is the motor limit the same on the SXX TC as the SXX stock spec? i plan to run a X12 4.5t if that makes any difference..

or should i wait a bit and see if there is an updated version of the SXX TC spec on the horizon which would be much better suited for the X12 4.5t, maybe the R&D chap from lrp might be able to help as i really dont want to waste my money..cheers guys
mark williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #154
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Well I will be most likely first one here who will say that SXX Stock Spec is rubbish at the moment. It is fast if you have luck and you get good piece but if you don't you can throw it straight out of window. Fact is that at ETS there were delivered several SXX Stock Specs straight from Germany. I managed to get one of these. I discussed setup with Jiri Mara which made A final (and had issues with speedo as well - but only minor compared to others), so I had good source of informations. Speedo was cogging on bench when applied half throttle. Same problem had almost everyone (if not everyone) who got speedo from this batch. First batch that hit Czech Republic before ETS had 3 failures out of 5 speedoes.

I belive that there is problem somewhere and in my eyes is big disappointment this time as LRP released speedo that isn't working properly for everyone (for most people actually).
You have a PM
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #155
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post

They were told to stop selling them down at Snowbirds this past weekend. He had about ten left when I tried to buy one.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I got one and the MODE button didn't work at all. GS Hobby sent me a replacement supposedly today. This news sucks cause I was really looking forward to it. I hope there were some that did work!
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Wow, sucks to be me since I prepaid for an LRP SXX SS. I hope I don't get a first batch one!!
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #158
Tech Addict

There does indeed seem to be scenarios when problems can arise, this is looked at right now and no further speedos will be shipped before we've doublechecked with all motor/radios/etc again and are 100% confident that all works fine.

Certainly it doesn't happen for everyone and a lot of guys are very happy with what they got. Hupo for example won WGT13.5T and 1/12-10.5T at Snowbirds in USA and Daniel Wohlgemuth the ETS race in ProStock in Czech Rep. with the same spec speedo.

Of course we'll find a solution for the guys that got this 1st batch (which were not many!) speed-controls and experience problems.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys,

Rests assured that LRP will look into the problems. I too once had problem in claiming faulty products (sometimes problem could be due to impact during deliveries and sorts of) while LRP took care of it swiftly.

I'm looking forward to try out the new SXX Stock Spec after the holiday season here in Asia.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:41 AM   #160
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
There does indeed seem to be scenarios when problems can arise, this is looked at right now and no further speedos will be shipped before we've doublechecked with all motor/radios/etc again and are 100% confident that all works fine.

Certainly it doesn't happen for everyone and a lot of guys are very happy with what they got. Hupo for example won WGT13.5T and 1/12-10.5T at Snowbirds in USA and Daniel Wohlgemuth the ETS race in ProStock in Czech Rep. with the same spec speedo.

Of course we'll find a solution for the guys that got this 1st batch (which were not many!) speed-controls and experience problems.
I'm not saying that every speedo is faulty, but it's like 8 or 9 out of 10 speedoes had issues. I'm not sure if Wolgemuth, Stocker and Hupo didn't get for example out of 20 tested units one working, but I feel it's like that.
First theory at ETS was that it's glitching only with spektrum but it did the same thing with all kinds of radios and frequencies from what I've seen.
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #161
Tech Adept

Hey burito

Can you tell me how much more timing i get from the 10.5 brushless motor (30 degrees timing) when i use mode2 value 8 power profile with SPX stock spec?

Thx
Old 02-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #162
Tech Master

Any word on the production issues and if they have been sorted out?
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

The only issue I had with mine was that the MODE button didn't work at all. Everything was plugged in and was able to program the transmitter and it would run. But I couldn't get into any modes. It is like it wasn't even soldered to the board or something. I should get my replacement by tomorrow.

Anyways.. i hear that the "glitching" thing was people free wheeling it at the bench which is something that you are not supposed to do with the timing advanced escs. They are designed and timed to work under Load conditions only. But hey, I wasn't there and I'm sure there are many different stories, but there were a few that were working ok. So I guess we have to wait for Sean or Burito to explain.
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #164
Tech Master

I'm particulary interested in hearing about how they worked in 1/12 without a rx pack or booster.
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default SPEEDO

Will this speedo work better then the SPX on 3.7v?