R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

anyone got any ideas where i can find M14 parts in UK. I cnat seem to find anywhere.
Gallagher3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Dimensjons:

540 size

380 size

360 size

The rest of the industrial standard size motors can be found here:
http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US...ct/p_0304.html
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Try cmldistribution.co.uk they seem to have everything. They are right in the UK and you are lucky because you can get stuff from them, whereas I cannot as I live in the USA and our distributor Horizon Hobby does'nt carry the full Carisma line. I would like to get the Carisma GT14 with the 2.4 ghz radio system but no one here in the states carries it and CML Distribution won't sell/ship to the USA. So check them out and you should be all set!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

they dont have the m14 mod motor u said bout tho is the GT14 stock motor more powerful, because they sell that ? if not, what is better about the GT14/R14?
Gallagher3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

The GT14 is a mini 4 wheel drive touring car beautifully built that comes with bearings and a much better electronics package and radio! The motor is a good one and you can change the brushes and springs on it. I would recommend this car any day over the M14. The GT14 starts out as a race car that can be used on the street, whereas the M14 is more of a play car that can be upgraded for racing. By thetime you buy all the hop-up parts for the M14 you will have a better car than when you started but it will still not be as good as a base GT14 and will end up costinfg you more than the GT14!

As I said earlier, you are lucky over there in the UK, as you can get the GT14 and all of it's hop-up parts, whereas over here in the States we cannot!

By the way if you do decide to get a GT14 get the ones that come with the 2.4 ghz radio system. No crystals required as it operates on the 2.4 ghz frequency that instantaneously finds an open channel and you never have to worry about having conflicting channels/frequencys with anyone else. Also has superior signal strength with reduced glitches! Get one!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RatsacK

I've recently got myself one of these Carisma M14's and as stated, stock motor is slow, too slow for me Just wondering what other combo's are available in 380 size without spending big dollars.

Thanks in advance!
Spektrum DX3C
RatsacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #22
Tech Rookie

I just read an interesting article on wired dot com this morning about the Carisma M14 R/C Car, and how fun packed they were. I immediatly bought the M14 Mercedes Benz SLR GT from myhobystore (dot) co (dot) uk. They said to expect 14 business days for shipping as I live in wonderful Quebec, Canada.

This looks so fun, I am an avid Rally fan, and I would love to race my car, unfortunatly I don't have the endless money fund to back me, so the R/C car might just be the good thing to learn basic stuff (mechanics and driving) I know it's not a real car, but this looks just as fun!

anyway, I will sure keep you posted when I get my car
Turbo Von Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #23
Tech Rookie

Is the R380 Racing Motor the only motor engine available?
If I change the motor, do you suggest I upgrade the Motor Heat Sink as well?
Turbo Von Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

Default Mini T esc/rec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
The Carisma M14 is basically a plastic chassis, direct-drive pan car with a sloid rear axle with spur gear mated to a pinion gear on the motor like any other pan car. The front end uses the same type suspension design as a pan car too, just looks a little different. Carisma carries a list of hop-up parts such as a ball diff axle set, mod motor, blue anodized oil shock, fiberglass race chassis set, slick tires, upgrade battery, full bearing set, etc.

My friends and I raced these as a class the past 2 years and found that they are fun to race BUT, the stock esc/reciever unit will burn out after a while as it is not built to stand the stress of racing; it is good only for fooling around in your driveway. So, if you want to race ditch the stock unit and put in a proper esc and reciever. You could use the esc/reciever unit from the Losi Mini T as it will fit the Carisma and is actually made by Carisma as is the Losi Mini T (something most people don't know). The Losi unit is for some reason much more durable and will stand up to racing and will far outlast the Carisma unit. Must be that Losi knew this when they did the deal with Carisma to make the Mini T for them and they probably specd a heavier duty more durable esc/reciever unit. Carisma should have put that unit in their own cars.
Another option would be to use the esc/reciever unit from the Carisma GT14/Recoil car as that is also a far superior unit, even better than the Losi unit.
I know this because I had a Recoil and it worked great with no problems.

You could go to Horizon Hobby to get most of these parts and you should be able to find the Recoil/GT14 online as well. There are several different websites that carry parts.

The 380 generally refers to "can" type or size. Example: most 1/10 cars use a 540 size can/motor. Most 1/18 cars use either a 280 size or a 370 size. The 380 size is not common, but the upgrade Carisma 380 mod motor is an excellent little motor that gives good performance; I recommend it as an upgrade!

Hope this all helps
I have 4 M14s.. I want to upgrade the ESC and picked up a few for the mini T.. the servo leads for the mini t esc have 2 leads whereas the carisma servo has 4... any suggestions? Do I need Losi servos as well?
nicovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher3 View Post
ok, cool. Im trying to find a supplier of parts here in the UK. Not had much luck so far, but i will keep trying
Anyone still have these? My bro ther and I have one. Looking to upgrade parts. Hard to find parts. Any sites?
!Thanks
4drturbo is offline   Reply With Quote