R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Team Orion Core Stock 27t Motor Questions

I just bouhgt a few of the Team Orion Core Stocks. I wanted to see what all you though about them? Also what all do you suggest I do to make this run fast? Fidderent brushes? I am running the Team Orion rc-3300hv v-max team 7.2v. Let me know what you think?
pro4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's a good motor! The only complaint I have about it is it runs really hot, no matter how you gear it. Use Reedy 767's and some trinity red springs. Just make sure the bushings are seated correctly, and broken in really well. Have fun dude.

-Sushi Boy
Old 03-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Ditto on this being a good motor. I have run several on my XXXS and in my BK2. If you want the best performance do use the reedy brushes or the sprint Orion brushes. True the com even if new. Align the brush hoods. Get some semi-chrome polish( got mine from the Harley Davidson store) and polish carfully the top and bottom safts of the arm. Then use motor spray and dry out the bushings of their factory oil and polish them as well. It helps if you buy the blueprinted or dyno tuned version since they will have better springs than stock or buy some and see what works best. They can say all day long how fast those Monster Jr.'s are but I have personally beaten dozens of them. Good Luck

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:57 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Just bought a Core, dyno tuned version.

I assume I have to break them in the same as any other motor?

Any other tips?

Also I ahve a brand new Trinity P2K2, which I have just finished breaking in, which of the 2 would you guys recommend, and more importantly (so i learn), why?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do a search on the net for tuning the MVP by Big jim......this motor tunes identical...

It's ok if it runs real hot....it has to, as the magnets are really powerful, so the arm needs to attempt to saturate them is much as it can.....no worries either, they are the Fb-9 magnets, which are the same magnets used in all the modifieds....

Later EddieO
Old 09-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have run them and they are good on tight tracks, but you got to gear them hard to get any speed out of them, as they ain't a revvy motor. Reedy 767's are good and I find that they don't blue even the motor is hot enough to fry eggs on.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Just bought a Core, dyno tuned version.

I assume I have to break them in the same as any other motor?

Any other tips?

Also I ahve a brand new Trinity P2K2, which I have just finished breaking in, which of the 2 would you guys recommend, and more importantly (so i learn), why?

When i compare my Core Stock and my P2K2 the P2K2 has more overall power, you can gear the p2k2 really hard. But as it seems there are big diffrences from motor to motor (same make).
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Other than SLOW I cant really describe this motor any other way.I have tried to make this motor fast..just does not work..