Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Classic US Vintage Trans Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Groovy. That's why I use a lot of vague language like "may, could, heard" so that the manufacturers will confirm or deny the stuff racers are talking about.

What do you think would cause the perceived power increase from the 21.5Ballistic over the SS that I experienced on the track? The hotter temps with the same settings and track reports that racers are dropping 3 teeth when moving to the Ballistic.

Is the Ballistic more efficient?
Am I retarded?
Is it just a normal manufacturing anomaly between these specific motors?

How am I getting away with running 60* total timing on an SS with a 4.45 FDR and coming off an 8 minutes race under 170*F? I've got a spool and running a bit of drag brake too.

Thanks Novak.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I got kind of a related ballistic question, are the ballistics more RPMish of a motor? Reason being that to get it to start to perform, I turned up the timing 10 degrees past N, and then dropped my pinion size down from a 33 tooth down to a 28 tooth, it performed much better.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Company Representative

Good question. We do not promote the Ballistics as higher performance motors (compared to the SS Pro), although I have read reports that customers think that they are.

I'll check with Engineering and see if they have an explanation. SS Pro 60 degrees of timing? I also have a question for the Engr concerning the total timing range of the SS Pros.

Originally Posted by xevias
Groovy. That's why I use a lot of vague language like "may, could, heard" so that the manufacturers will confirm or deny the stuff racers are talking about.

What do you think would cause the perceived power increase from the 21.5Ballistic over the SS that I experienced on the track? The hotter temps with the same settings and track reports that racers are dropping 3 teeth when moving to the Ballistic.

Am I retarded?

How am I getting away with running 60* total timing on an SS with a 4.45 FDR and coming off an 8 minutes race under 170*F? I've got a spool and running a bit of drag brake too.

Thanks Novak.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Am I retarded?

Thanks Novak.
Nah, you're just retarded.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Cain
I got kind of a related ballistic question, are the ballistics more RPMish of a motor? Reason being that to get it to start to perform, I turned up the timing 10 degrees past N, and then dropped my pinion size down from a 33 tooth down to a 28 tooth, it performed much better.
This another question to add to my ever-lengthening list .....

The engineers will start hiding when they see me coming.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Oops.

To be more specific. SS pro, 0* on the motor (no timing advance) and 30* ESC Tekin boost with Turbo turned off. That gets to the 60* timing.

We'll move this discussion over to your thread where it belongs...

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Company Representative

Oops.

To be more specific. SS pro, 0* on the motor (no timing advance) and 30* ESC Tekin boost with Turbo turned off. That gets to the 60* timing.

We'll move this discussion over to your thread where it belongs...

Thanks.
Thanks for moving to the new thread---much easier for us to follow...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
Nah, you're just retarded.
Funny, I don't feel tardy.

I'm Bobby Awesome!

We gonna start a car pool to Indy every week or what? The 2 hour drive is starting to kill me.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been reading through this post and have a question or 2....I'm new to the vta Rc racing.But I do love VTA racing..real or rc. I have a Tamiya TL-01 I've been reading about the TC chasis? and gear ratio's? If your familiar with the TL-01 there are only 3 gear ratio's on the TL-01.I'm using a 19 turn spec motor with the 19 tooth pinion.Is this a legal chassis? gear ratio?....I live in NY and would like to get somthing started here.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The chassis is legal. I havent done the math on the gears.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Speedy, Where do you live at in NY and where are you planning on racing. There is a lot of TC classes out there. Winter racing on the island is mainly off-road. Otherwise most people are drive to PA to race On-road.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Lindenhurst.....its on Long Island....south shore.........me and a couple buddys tryin to use and empty warehouse.....its getting hard to get a yes.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Put me in your favorites. I still know a few people that used to run at Bernies and Willis that would come out if its nice enough. Most of them drive to PA right now.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

It sounds as if 2 more locals will be going into the 'Classic' VTA rules and RCGT class.

Now the rules changes in the VTA class are locking into place.
There is some talk amongst RCGT drivers wanting to going slower also.

I can't help but wonder if some of the existing VTA drivers will move to RCGT.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default xtremeracing

I usually run my trusty old TC3 for my local VTA class and I happened upon this kit. I know its rather expensive but I have a ton of parts left over from my NTC3. My question is: Is this kit worth the price? Does any one run this kit?

http://www.xtremercracing.com/TC3_Ca...iber_Parts.cfm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.