R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-11-2002, 10:08 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Default BLAZN420

if you are indeed an A-mainer as you claimed in other threads, then you would have spelled Pavidis, Baker, Spashet and Cyrul CORRECTLY.

your post just reinforces most members' belief that you are one big can of AIR!!!
purplepro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 10:09 PM   #47
Tech Master

speedo,

of corse, Masami will always be the King....

he has over 10 onroad and 10 offroad world championships...

but 90 or so % of the electric world champions are from the U.S.

kent clasen, tony Neisinger, Brian Kinwald, Mark Pavidas, Joel Johnson, billy easton, josh Cyrul, matt francis, Cliff lett. need I say more.....I will if you want.....

the rest of the world has Steenary, masami, Spashett, Harra and thats it.....name someone else if you know...besides, Harra doesnt count if you ask me.... He won only because himself and his teamates had to hack the americans like crazy so he could win. He wont win another one because the xxxs now exists...
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 10:15 PM   #48
Tech Master

Hey Purple,

thats funny, you didnt spell them right either.....

its Spashett. you spell as bad as me

but you drive Hpi cars and they dont pay you to....

talk about full of air??
Old 03-11-2002, 10:57 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

Blazn:

No one is disputing that the U.S. has great electric drivers, but other countries also have their own drivers that we probably never heard of. In Japan it may seem that 90% of great drivers are Japanese, in HK it may be 90% of great drivers are Chinese & Japanese or both. Just a matter of perspective.

As far as car goes, The XXX-S is nice, but I prefer the layout of the KX-One a whole lot more. I like how the battery is centered, the servo is (close to) center, and the motor is centered. XXX-S has too much dead space in the center.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 11:01 PM   #50
Tech Apprentice

I thought this was about the best CAR. What do the drivers have to do with it?
Stika525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 11:18 PM   #51
Tech Master

Icon,

I think that kyosho car looks real good! I wish someone fast around here was driving one... If the car was more popular and parts were available, I might try one.

the kyosho drivers raced it last year at the Reedy race of champs. and they didnt do very good. but the car was very new then.

maybe kyosho will start getting more serious about electric racing again since the kxone is good, I hope so.

kyoshos last electric world championship was in 87 with an offroad buggy, driven by joel johnson....will the kxone be next..... well see
Old 03-12-2002, 03:39 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Default BLAZN420

missing 1 is definitely a lot better than missing 4!!! to top it off, you race with them regularly as you claim while i just read them in passing in magazines and i am not even from north america!!!

btw, your grammar is even worse than your spelling.

yes i drive an HPI and i do not get paid, but i surely have a better source of income than driving r/c's.

you say 90% of the best drivers are form north america while you mentioned 4 non americans. that means there are at least 36 stateside drivers. can you name the remaining 27??? btw, your fellow american baker was whacked big time in HK

Last edited by purplepro3; 03-12-2002 at 03:51 AM.
purplepro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 04:29 AM   #53
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AO

. Lets put at anyway. Evo I was reform from the The older version of tamiya shaft driven car. So i will say evo 1 was the best shaft driven car, as it geo like the arms and shock position is the finest. But you take look at evo II it is just a change of bulkhead. the upper arm adjustment, the rear toe in.

When i weigh my car it is about 1.7kg but with evo i it is about 1.63.

With evo i the free play is much less like arms, shaft and c hubs.

Actually, both cars weights about the same. I am wrong on saying EVOII is much lighter, it looks lighter maybe, but it's not. Tamiya weighted their own car with same equipment, EVOII comes out to be 1490g, and EvOI is 1470g. 20 g difference, but since one was weighted with RC2400 (evo1), and the other is weighted with RC3000s, so both car does come out to be about the same.

I don't know and won't say that the car has less play (EvO1). Both cars are great cars, but EVO II does provide more adjustment then EVO I.
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 06:54 AM   #54
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Alvin
I once thought the Xray had a revolutionary ball diff. But when I acquired my used Neo NR4, it also had the exact style i.e poke a sharp object into the hole, and depending on adjusting the tire to tighten/loosen the differential. So... no big deal....
The 'revolutionary' part of the Xray diff is the way it is sealed against dust getting into the balls...short of using a fully enclosed gearbox no other car has this feature! The external adjustable part is just a bonus!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 06:57 AM   #55
dtm
Tech Champion

I was waiting for when this debate would boil down to which famous driver drives what to decide which is the best car or what car won what race!!! It's so funny...keep them coming!!!

Anyone who follows the HKG thread will understand the joke about no one having WC fingers!!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:08 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Lets end the debate on which country has the best drivers. In the U.S. you hear all the big names Kinwald, Francis, Easton, Pavidis and so on, in other countries they have drivers just as good just we do not hear of them unless they win a big race in the U.S. or the Worlds. If you have never seen them drive don't knock them or their equipment. As for me I feel that the best car out there right know for me is the XXXs, this does not make it the best car out there just the best for me.
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 08:27 AM   #57
dtm
Tech Champion

Spot on CRASH...... finually common sense prevails!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:25 AM   #58
Regional Moderator

all cars pretty much the same for handling and speed (except efficiency), so choose one car that suited best for you
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 09:37 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DTM: actually those "revolutionary" dust sheilds have been around for some time. Kimborough (no not Kinwald...LOL) has been manufacturing them for years for pan car diffs.

Also Losi, traxxas, and probably several other cars have externally adjustable diffs, Heck Losi has had those diffs since at least the XX was designed...

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:01 AM   #60
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Powelly R.C. Send a message via Yahoo to Powelly R.C.

any hpi they are great

Last edited by Powelly R.C.; 03-12-2002 at 10:06 AM.
Powelly R.C. is offline   Reply With Quote