R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #106
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's scary about Masamis 87 win was that he basically was given the kit just before the race....

Where would Schumacher be today if they kept Masami....??

Later EddieO
Old 03-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally posted by FeglixG
Hey guys,
have you ever seen an 415 racing on carpet with rubber tires?
This car is so fast and absolute easy to drive! I don't think that a pro3 can be such good, because hpi has built a complete new car and not a better pro3. The last race in Germany i've seen won marc reinhard (he drives a 415) with about 20 Seconds in front of the 2nd(He was German Champion on carpet in 2002) and it was a large national race. So in my opinion the car to beat is the new tamya 415. Every guy who drives this car says that it is absolutely easy and verry fast to drive. So please Mr T.Hodge
built us a faster 415 but as easy to drive!!!!!!
Best regards from Germany
Felix
OK, off topic I know..but that seems to be the trend.

Was not the Pro4 the car to beat at the DHI cup recently...I thought Marc and his 415 finished 2nd Hara by a large margin?
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:07 AM   #108
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by FeglixG
Hey guys,
have you ever seen an 415 racing on carpet with rubber tires?
This car is so fast and absolute easy to drive! I don't think that a pro3 can be such good, because hpi has built a complete new car and not a better pro3. The last race in Germany i've seen won marc reinhard (he drives a 415) with about 20 Seconds in front of the 2nd(He was German Champion on carpet in 2002) and it was a large national race. So in my opinion the car to beat is the new tamya 415. Every guy who drives this car says that it is absolutely easy and verry fast to drive. So please Mr T.Hodge
built us a faster 415 but as easy to drive!!!!!!
Best regards from Germany
Felix
FElix, the idea isn't to make a Pro3, but put the weight in the center of the car (The Ideal position). You don't drive your real car with the motor way off center and the gas tank hanging off the other side. If Losi builds it...it should be great. I just finished building the 415 and it is a very nice car.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Default Re: New Losi Touring Car Spied

Quote:
Originally posted by TRESFR
New Losi in development/

THE BULKHEADS LOOK LIKE AN X-RAY. THE SPUR GEAR IS MOUNTED MUCH LOWER THOUGH MUCH LIKE THE NEW
TAMIYA. THEY ARE TRYING THE BATTERY IN THE CENTER LIKE
THE HPI PRO 3. ANY TIME SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO GET A LOOK THEY WOULD HIDE IT. I CAME SO CLOSE TO GETTING A PICTURE.
THEY SHOULD RENT A TRACK OR BUILD A TEST TRACK. WHAT DO THEY EXPECT, WOULD YOU TAKE A KID TO A CANDY STORE AND TELL THEM THEY CAN'T HAVE ANY. LIKE WERE NOT GOING TO LOOK
After further talk with reputable individuals at Socal, perhaps TRESFR may have some substantiative claim. Perhaps hard proof or said vehicle would help.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #110
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by madjack
OK, off topic I know..but that seems to be the trend.

Was not the Pro4 the car to beat at the DHI cup recently...I thought Marc and his 415 finished 2nd Hara by a large margin?
I think you canīt compare. Marc got his 415 right before the DHI race and didnīt had the chance for testing a lot. On the other side Hara was involved in the Pro4 development and had lot of testing before DHI race.
Who knows what would have been the result if Marc had got his 415 some weeks earlier.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:53 AM   #111
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Does anybody really think that Losi isn't "working" on a new touring car? Nitro truck? Buggy? Of course they are. And so is AE and everybody else. If your company wants to succeed -- as Losi and AE obviously have -- you don't just sit there and say "OK, now we're going to develop XYZ until it's finished." You are constantly prototyping parts and putting ideas down on paper, and refining what you already have. I can only assume that these guys have prototyping equipment on-site that lets them test designs out, and you constantly work on stuff, regardless of what the platform is.

I guess my point is, it's fun to speculate, but I'm not at all surprised that Losi has a new chassis they're testing, and at the same time I wouldn't write off the xxx-s just yet.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:20 PM   #112
Tech Adept

Very well said futureal, People claim they saw something and more than likely did. Will it actually be in production? Who knows but the Losi guys. It may take 3, 4, or 10 cars they play with and test untill they get it right the way they want it. Like the sayin goes, Dont count your chickens before the eggs hatch...dont claim losi has a new car untill the real final word is out. A while back adam drake was testing a 1/8 nitro buggy. Does this mean losi is building a 1/8 scale buggy? No it was a ofna car he was testing. Could this car they tested be another mfg they were testing for? Who knows but the guys sitting at that table. I know when we tested stuff for real racing we would do it on a closed testing session where nobody, not even track officals etc could see the car or the new stuff we tried out. Someone said losi should have a test track,i agree alot on that subject. If i were a huge natl caliber company like Losi I would invest the few bucks to make a small test track at their facility. But untill the final word is out we can always speculate that losi is coming out with a center battery belt drivin car...or how bout this a single battery shaft drivin car that from factory with the electronics set where the instructions say makes the car 50/50 50/50...now that would be something sweet
Brandon R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #113
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
...Look at the PTI Evo 2 it's exactly that, pity their drivetrain is not good enough, because the rest of the car is very good.
For the record, the evo you saw in france was a VERY early prototype. We have since gone into tooling so the car is much more precise, and the drivetrain "problem" (if you can call it that) has been fixed. We had a problem with belt skipping early on but since changing to a new belt tensioner it has gone away.

Last edited by Mobil1_2001; 03-19-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Mobil1_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:49 PM   #114
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
What else could he say. The military moto "Deny everything" comes to mind.
What part of the military says that?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:54 PM   #115
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Beeb

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
What part of the military says that?
The part that starts, "When you are a POW..."
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #116
Tech Addict

Did you look at RCZONE?

Link is in my signature.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:10 AM   #117
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I remember seeing a picture of the XXXS prototype with a double deck chassis and aluminum bulkheads... Even if Losi is coming out with something new in the future (which they will) it's hard to say what it will be and when it will be released. Just like Todd said, testing is something that every company does, if nobody tested stuff, then we'd all be driving RC10's. It's cool to speculate of what might be coming out, but who knows if this car that they've built is anything that any of us will ever see on shelves. I've seen lots of different cars that have never hit shelves from my time racing at SoCal and the old MnM raceway.. The XXXS is definately a hot car, and like Todd said, right now they really dont need to do much to improve it.

The only thing that I hope the test car does have is droop screws that work
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:31 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Keep on believing they don't have to do anything to keep up. Guys complain that the RC10GT hasn't changed. People will buy something else if things don't change. Todd knows that as well. People expect something new ever 2 years on average. When it comes to sales new sells better than old. Is the new car needed, not likely. Is it wanted, Definitly. But the molds and engineering (Including R&D) cost a great deal of money. I work for a company like Toyota, Honda and other Japanese companies. I do Quick Mold Changers.

By the way Todd. How is it going Buddy?
It's cold here in Toronto.
Good Luck next weekend.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:56 AM   #119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Losi or Kawada

I think some people still have the Kawada sv-10 SIGMA single belt ,dual deck chassie car confussed with the old losi prototype.
The Sigma is a full production kit from Kawada of Japan and is available in the U.S from www.kawadaracing.com .Can't go wrong with either car !A couple of my friends have the Kawada Sigma and it fast and handles great also VERY durable.I am getting one soon!if losi comes out with another version of the xxxs w/single belt ,it might just end up looking like the Sigma !maybe....check out the Sigma at www.kawadaracing.com enter site and hit the sigma button at top of page ,a lot of pic's to look at.
laz
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 01:55 AM   #120
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

here's a picture of the losi prototype (i think from the worlds in yatabe?) for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg losi_proto.jpg (77.3 KB, 1226 views)
tones is offline   Reply With Quote