R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
There was another single belt chasis floating around that wasn't the sigma, but I can't remember what it was. I'll do a search later.
Team Corally Assasin.
Single and Dual Belt system on a single car.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:34 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

I also found the website
Old 03-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kai made some prototypes, Trigger HF and Triger Basic.

Trigger HF

Trigger basic
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 11:00 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
I also found the website
This car looks a lot like the Ofna OB4 International! Same arms, shocks, pillow-ball set-up and diffs! Wow...spooky

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #80
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You could design a single belt car that kept both the motor and batteries in the centerline, but you'd need a very long belt to get it around the motor, and you'd need either the motor or the drivetrain to be mounted higher in the chassis.

All you'd do is have the motor hit a spur on one side that drove a layshaft connected to the center pulley, as opposed to Losi's current single spur/pulley system.

I've thought about this design before and always wondered if it would work or not. You'd almost need some sort of molded tub to keep the chassis stiff, but with a battery-release mechanism on the bottom to keep it easy to work on.

Anyway, I'm certainly interested to see whatever Losi had, though it's possible we never will. And unlike Eddie, I have no Ferrari rides to offer Todd.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:08 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
While I am not an engineer.....I don't see how a central battery system would work with Losi's single belt Drivetrain....The motor has to be offset to use just one belt, unless they used some monster shaft off the spur gear, which really wouldn't be the efficient in my mind....

Later EddieO
The belt could easily pass over and under the battery. If the belt ran down the center of the car in a RECESSED channel, the battery could easily be sandwiched by the belt. Difficult to accomplish on a CARBON car, but very easily done with today's MOLDED tubs.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 11:48 AM   #82
TLRacing

futureal-Well good luck with the job search and track. I hope it all works out for you!
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #83
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
The belt could easily pass over and under the battery. If the belt ran down the center of the car in a RECESSED channel, the battery could easily be sandwiched by the belt. Difficult to accomplish on a CARBON car, but very easily done with today's MOLDED tubs.
I'm impressed someone thought about that after all I read before. Yes it works, and no it's not difficult to achieve on a CF chassis.

Look at the PTI Evo 2 it's exactly that, pity their drivetrain is not good enough, because the rest of the car is very good.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #84
Tech Master

It's not a difficult thing to do at all. The Kyosho did this. The car wasn't bad, it just couldn't stay competitive in the market with so many options out there, and with teams with better drivers winning.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:41 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
I'm impressed someone thought about that after all I read before. Yes it works, and no it's not difficult to achieve on a CF chassis.

Look at the PTI Evo 2 it's exactly that, pity their drivetrain is not good enough, because the rest of the car is very good.
Sorry, I didn't specify: I meant a lower deck, top deck style carbon chassis, the ladder style chassis of the PTI and Kyosho KX-1 are interesting ideas utilized to make the concept work.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 03-13-2004, 01:28 PM   #86
Tech Addict

yeah I know what you mean, but believe me, it's not difficult to achieve.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:14 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
yeah I know what you mean, but believe me, it's not difficult to achieve.
I understand it's not too difficult to do. The problem is making it visually palletable for the mass market. Hell, my circa 1987 Schumacher Cat ran the belt in a channel under it's plate style chassis. It's just more elegant on a molded chassis.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:16 PM   #88
Tech Addict

true, but a CF chassis is more elegant by itself IMO.

Didn't have the Cat, but I did have the BossCat (my first 4WD Off Roader ) and it had lexan carters to protect the belt from the dirt...
Old 03-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #89
Tom
Tech Regular

i read somewhere losi would make a touring car (don't know if they mean gas or electric) after work had finished on the mini T and a monster truck. A week or two later we see a losi monster truck at a hobby show.

Anyway the batteries might be slightly off centre which would allow the belt to run down one side, combined with bulkheads like corally, xray which mount the arms (long arms) on the inside.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:13 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

I wonder if Todd is taking notes on all these ideas
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote