R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,760
Questions?? LRP Vector X12 10.5 Motor Questions

On the new Vector X12 Brushless StockSpec 10.5Ts (P/N 50832) it mentions that the temp should not exceed 100degC, is this measured on the can or through the vent holes.

Also, has anyone had any experience with the timing inserts and what has worked best on different tracks.

Thanks
Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
On the new Vector X12 Brushless StockSpec 10.5Ts (P/N 50832) it mentions that the temp should not exceed 100degC, is this measured on the can or through the vent holes.

Also, has anyone had any experience with the timing inserts and what has worked best on different tracks.

Thanks
Skiddins
This is what I am running. Let me know how it works for you. 90/40 carpet track.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6753356-post125.html
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
mutley001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey Skiddins

I'm running the 10.5 at Maritime and have plenty of rip. SXX TC spec on profile 8 with the motor timing advanced by 5 degrees. Temps come off at 80*C on the can but woulddn't want to approach the 100 mark (that's hot!)
Don't lose out to the SPX or Tekins at all - well except in my ability!

I love these motors - I've tried almost every combo of esc and motor and I believe the X12's will work best with almost every thing

Paul
__________________
ARC R11 2017
ARC R10 2013
EA Motorsports www.teameamotorsports.com
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley001 View Post
Hey Skiddins

I'm running the 10.5 at Maritime and have plenty of rip. SXX TC spec on profile 8 with the motor timing advanced by 5 degrees. Temps come off at 80*C on the can but woulddn't want to approach the 100 mark (that's hot!)
Don't lose out to the SPX or Tekins at all - well except in my ability!

I love these motors - I've tried almost every combo of esc and motor and I believe the X12's will work best with almost every thing

Paul
I actually have the Nosram version but it's the same thing.

I run a Tekin ESC so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

How much difference is there between the 0deg and 5deg settings, did you have to change gearing much?

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #5
Tech Addict
 
mutley001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
I actually have the Nosram version but it's the same thing.

I run a Tekin ESC so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

How much difference is there between the 0deg and 5deg settings, did you have to change gearing much?

Skiddins
Been running 6.9 - 7.1 and its the same gearing I was using with a Novak. The 5 degree just enabled a bit more speed down the straight without losing anything in the infield.

HiH mate

Paul
__________________
ARC R11 2017
ARC R10 2013
EA Motorsports www.teameamotorsports.com
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley001 View Post
Been running 6.9 - 7.1 and its the same gearing I was using with a Novak. The 5 degree just enabled a bit more speed down the straight without losing anything in the infield.

HiH mate

Paul
I just bolted mine in, i even think this motor has brought the likes of the Sphere/Matrix TC back into the game

WOW! It roarrs

Running it on a Pearl, Punch 10, 5 degree timing (3 dot) starting at 6.7 for Rug Racers this weekend, unless theres a mod heat on
steveonamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP Vector X12 StockSpec and SXX stockspec mac853 Electric On-Road 224 03-27-2010 02:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net