Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XII LINK

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian John
I measured the total length of the shock (71.08mm) as shown in the picture. How are you measuring up travel. I measured it by taking the pod ride height (at full rest 3.5mm) then lifting the top of the pod up right before the tires came off the ground and measured the pod height again (6.1mm) so I guess I had 2.6mm of droop.
Brian - you can measure it like you measure droop over ride height w/in a touring car -- just like you did above. have the car race ready w/ the suspension compressed and then pull up on the roll over and compare the two heights when you measure at the lowest point of the sage in the middle.

Another way to look at it is - when you connect the shock let the pod drop down. slowly cut the shock shaft until the pod is nearly flat with the main chassis. you can use a ruler or ride height gauge to see how straight it is. you want about 1 degree of downward pod droop. i just eyeball this but it takes a little while to become comfortable with that method .
Old 03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Brian - you can measure it like you measure droop over ride height w/in a touring car -- just like you did above. have the car race ready w/ the suspension compressed and then pull up on the roll over and compare the two heights when you measure at the lowest point of the sage in the middle.

Another way to look at it is - when you connect the shock let the pod drop down. slowly cut the shock shaft until the pod is nearly flat with the main chassis. you can use a ruler or ride height gauge to see how straight it is. you want about 1 degree of downward pod droop. i just eyeball this but it takes a little while to become comfortable with that method .
Thanks Mike, I will try that. And thanks again for your help this past weekend. Not sure if I am going to make it Horsham to test.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Brian John,

My center shock is 62.53mm when measuring end to end. Your up travel will also depend on pre-tension on the shock.

EA
Old 03-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Brian John,

My center shock is 62.53mm when measuring end to end. Your up travel will also depend on pre-tension on the shock.

EA
Thanks EA, I will cut it down and let you know how I make out.

Brian
Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ride height

Hi all,
when you adjust the front ride height and you have the suspension arm sitting on the chassis without any shims does that alter the car handling other than the ride height?
Do I need to space the ball end on my steering block to make the steering rods sits flatter as it was with less spacers under the suspension arm brings it down quite a bit.
I run on asphalt and want a ride height of 4.5mm so whats the correct way of doing it... bigger tyres with all shims under suspension arm or small tyres with suspension arm right down?
Thanks
Cheers
Didier
Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Team EAM

Here is my setup from the snowbirds.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xii_link

Hope this helps. Any questions LMK.

EA
Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Any word on XRAY Optional Springs or other updates?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 07-09-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Keller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy_beecha
This was posted on Xrays site today regarding their lack of support for their new link car by Mario Hudy:

"Sorry for your disapointment. XRAY and the entire support team try to answer as many questions & comments as possible but some of the questions may get overlooked and in some cases, like this, there is a no real answer to give. If you find support and service in something particularly not sufficient comparing to the competition please email me with ideas and suggestions what we can improve. I can make you sure that we will always try to find a solution to make things better as possible and feasible.
And at the end I would like to mention the fact we have realized and learned that the micro and GT customers buy their cars to have fun and for bashing. Very few customers get their micro cars and GT cars for real racing. This is the reason why very few owners of the micro cars and GT are looking for set-up sheets. This will probably be also the reason why these customers are not interested to spend some more money on some options. Also in my opinion since these customers buy these cars for fun, they are not interested for "serious" technical talks on online conferences or forums. The touring and off-road drivers are different though which is the reason such forums are popular around the web. And there is nothing we can do about this even if you or us wish.

I consider this topic as closed."

So to all you basher pan car, world GT, Oval racers... we only play with our cars........

Thoughts? I always considered pan cars to be racecars and that's it.

Josh
can't find that post on the website, got a link?
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The post is in the X10 Link thread:

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic....f2d1ed56a03241

Not at all happy with their response.

Not.

At.

All...
Old 07-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

I don't think a single person would be. Of all people Mario should know pan cars, he's been in the industry a long time. They are in no way 'bashers'.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Team EAM

I think some of Mario's thoughts are being a little misread. I know that Xray strives to have the best cars possible in every racing market. I also know that they are constantly testing/drawing new and old ideas to better their product lines. If Xray wasnt concerned with the racers then they would not even have a race team for every line of products they make.

One of the things is that this past carpet season in the US the US team focused on 12th and TC with TC being the main emphasis. The only person that ran WGT was myself. Ralph and Drew also ran it at the end of the 2008 carpet season at the carpet nats with all 3 making the A main with a brand new car. Last year no one really ran it as everything was switched over to single cell lipo and Xray did not release the link X10 car till the very end of the season so we really didnt have a car capable of running with the newer rules. Also I know that most guys do not like running 3 classes at a large event as it makes for a huge amount of work. I do not mind it but it does make for a long week plus it depends on the racing format as well.

I will be running WGT, 12th scale and Rubber TC at the events I attend this year. I know that Paul and Drew will continue to run TC and 12th scale but probably not WGT.

I know I will be testing a lot before Vegas and if anyone has any questions I'll be glad to help out. If you dont get a prompt reply here just shoot me a PM or email either one.

EA
Old 07-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

EA - what Servo do you run in the Xray XII Link? Thanks
Old 07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
EA - what Servo do you run in the Xray XII Link? Thanks
I have been running the Futaba 9650. Small, plenty fast enough and enough torque. Also not very expensive. Dont need any servo mounts either as it comes with ears to screw it down to the chassis to run it flat.

EA
Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I have been running the Futaba 9650. Small, plenty fast enough and enough torque. Also not very expensive. Dont need any servo mounts either as it comes with ears to screw it down to the chassis to run it flat.

EA
That's interesting. Saves weight & helps keep the CG down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.