R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
CrazyNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 65
Default Who makes the best tweak station?

Give me your opinion on who you think makes the best tweak station for the dollar.
CrazyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver Bc
Posts: 349
Default

I have the mip one now and it has been pretty good but since I have had it for like 3 years and it is wearing out I am also in the market for a new one.
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default .

http://www.teamirsrc.com/tweak.html looks like a very nice but $$$ tweak board.

I just use a flat surface and an exacto to eyeball my tweak. Not perfect but it's free.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
29Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Posts: 179
Thumbs up

I have been using the Integy Laser tweak board and it is very good and easy to use. . All you do is just use the laser to line the other side of the board up. Speedtech RC has them.
http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/75.html
29Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:51 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: C-BUS,OH
Posts: 55
Default

The MIP is a fine tweak board for a very reasonable price.
Masterfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:04 AM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8
Default

check this one out
click here
trf415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:38 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Check out www.daltonshop.com on tips and tricks for S710 on droop/tweak subject.. You might not needed to buy one.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:37 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

I use Integys Laser station after my MIP's water bubble leaked out all the "water" after about 2 months..
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Sav÷x - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Rob Hochberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 457
Send a message via AIM to Rob Hochberg
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by shortygy
I have the mip one now and it has been pretty good but since I have had it for like 3 years and it is wearing out I am also in the market for a new one.
I have one, I'm interested to know how exactly it's wearing out? thanks
-Rob
Rob Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:16 AM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 123
Default

I prefer the ones from the U.S. mint. They come 50 to a pack(commonly known as pennies; can also be replaced with nickels, dimes and quarters). The only other item needed is a sharp knife(ex. xacto).

For those that don't know this method you put a penny near the top of both front tires in the same location on each side. You then slowly lift the front of the car with a sharp knife and the first penny that falls indicates that side to be light. You then adjust untill both pennies fall at the same time. This works extremely well with any 2 wheel drive vehicle especially 12th scale.

In many cases I've found it to be more accurate than the MIP station and I trust it so much I sold my MIP station several years ago because I quit using it.
RTolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:41 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
clayrace24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Rtolle writes
Quote:
For those that don't know this method you put a penny near the top of both front tires in the same location on each side. You then slowly lift the front of the car with a sharp knife and the first penny that falls indicates that side to be light. You then adjust untill both pennies fall at the same time. This works extremely well with any 2 wheel drive vehicle especially 12th scale.
Do you tweak your 12th scale only testing the front? What about the rear?
__________________
B44.3,Tamiya M05 Mini Cooper and lots of airplanes
clayrace24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:42 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,503
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RTolle
I prefer the ones from the U.S. mint. They come 50 to a pack(commonly known as pennies; can also be replaced with nickels, dimes and quarters). The only other item needed is a sharp knife(ex. xacto).

For those that don't know this method you put a penny near the top of both front tires in the same location on each side. You then slowly lift the front of the car with a sharp knife and the first penny that falls indicates that side to be light. You then adjust untill both pennies fall at the same time. This works extremely well with any 2 wheel drive vehicle especially 12th scale.

In many cases I've found it to be more accurate than the MIP station and I trust it so much I sold my MIP station several years ago because I quit using it.
Doesn't work so well for touring cars though Ryan Integy works great for TC's. Ryan's method is perfect for anything that's 2wd.
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

ôLife is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.ö - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:15 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
popsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: "Hot, Sunny Southern California"
Posts: 3,120
Default Who makes the best tweak station?

Guys;

I have the Integy Laser tweak station and it does a excellent job.

My only complaint would be of the Bubble Vial for leveling. Even with the newest version it is almost impossible to find center. I've been using a separate machinist level to set-up the tweak station before placing my Car(s) on it.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #14
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,761
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Wow ... I have the integy one and I hate it... its laying in the basement.... if any one wants it PM me.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

pm sent
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Set up station and tweak station Integy Midnight R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 09-02-2008 04:43 PM
WTB MIP Tweak Station and 1/10th TC Setup Station Charles Leto R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 03-23-2006 12:05 PM
Integy Setup station & Tweak station dirtybirk R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 11-02-2005 08:59 PM
INTEGY SETUP STATION AND MIP Tweak Station yamrace R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 07-09-2005 05:14 PM
Setup Station Or tweak Station? goodspeed Nitro On-Road 11 02-23-2004 01:34 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:56 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net