R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Where are you going to buy that Unity from, and for how much? I'm still kicking myself for letting a mint one go for $75 shipped on ebay.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:52 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The one I've used for over twenty years. I ordered and for 1/12th and 1/10th pan cars it works great to this day.You can also go get you small(4) scales from Harbor Freight real cheap.Probably less than $30.00 - I've been told and that also works good.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3 Racing is ok !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
Ok so we all agree that Unity Tweak is good, now do I still need droop and hight gauges?
I am a bargain shopper so If I can find it for below full price, I'll take it. Now If I can't find it in the next 2-3 weeks I may have to pay full price.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

I use the Hudy all in one 10TC setup station, and the tweak station is VERY good IMO, but I am not sure how well it works with the pan cars or what wheel securing method they use.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Here is one I just found and looks is not that expensive. You think this will be ok for a pan? The reason I might be willing to get one for a touring car is that there is plans for a tc in the future so don't want to buy a $40-$60 item and than invest another $100 plus for one for my touring needs.

http://www.rccaraction.com/Media/Med...etDialedIn.pdf

Hudy all in one is one I might consider if I were to find it under $200. The unity one looks very promising, and if I can get some opinions on the Integy one I can make a decision in the coming weeks.

Thanks so far for everyones help/opinions all very helpful.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

The Integy Setup Station 2 is a pain to use IMO. I have owned one and sold it to buy the Hudy all in one. The problem with the Integy is that the camber guages swing like a plumb bob. Bump your table or if it is windy you must stop them from swinging. You are better off getting the cheaper one with just the camber guages as they work just like the Hudy and Team Magic versions, and using a different setup board and tweak guage.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have the UNITY one and it has been awesome for my sedan and my 12th scale. It includes a longer bar for 8th scale cars as well. For the price and everything it can measure I think it's a great deal.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
Here is one I just found and looks is not that expensive. You think this will be ok for a pan? The reason I might be willing to get one for a touring car is that there is plans for a tc in the future so don't want to buy a $40-$60 item and than invest another $100 plus for one for my touring needs.

http://www.rccaraction.com/Media/Med...etDialedIn.pdf

Hudy all in one is one I might consider if I were to find it under $200. The unity one looks very promising, and if I can get some opinions on the Integy one I can make a decision in the coming weeks.

Thanks so far for everyones help/opinions all very helpful.
Are you looking for a tweak station or a setup station now??? for just a tweak station the Unity is the best IMO but as stated allready the MIP or speedmind will be all you need for a pan car. The Hudy all in one will work on a pan car also just make sure you line upon center its like the Unity!!! might cost more but 10 years from now its will still be good. If you are even thinking of getting a TC go with the Hudy all in one I have the all in one for 1/8 scale on road and just pick up the TC parts. I also have an mip for when I just go club racing. I have found that the all in one is great for the 1st build of a car but found that when I travel its a little big and heavy to haul around. I take a MIP tweek station and a rpm camber gadge and some set up blocks now to most races that I have to travel to. For a pan car just have a flat area and a hobby knife to check tweek (check out)http://www.markpayneblog.blogspot.com/

also a word doc I found a long time ago on tweek

Coin Drop
This is the cheapest method for checking tweak and the most widely known. Basically, what you do is scratch a mark on the center of the car widthwise at the rear of the motor pod with a hobby knife. Then place the blade exactly on that mark and lift the rear of the car off the table. While lifting the car off the table, see if either rear wheel raises before the other. If they both raise at the same time, your car has no tweak. While it is fairly good for checking for zero tweak, as you can imagine, it can't do anything more than that with any type of accuracy.
Here's a tip. Most people will tell you to measure the exact center of the motor pod, by dividing the distance between the outer edges of the rear wheels. I've found that if you use a good straight-edge lined up along the center of the T-bar screws, you can find the exact center of the pod. Just make sure the bottom pod plate lies flat against the straight-edge and you can't miss.
Hope someof this helps
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:47 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys could someone give some insight on how to use the MIP tweak station properly for TC appllications. I know how to use it for 12 scale.

in othe words what the best way to set the car. from begining to end.

I'm also planning on going the scale route soon. to make placing weight for legal weight more effectively. esp when I go toward the lipo route.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:18 AM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Cyrrus, this should help you out.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #57
Tech Adept

where can i buy the unity tweak station?
BURATIS-SPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURATIS-SPP View Post
where can i buy the unity tweak station?
http://www.unitytool.com/Unity_Tools...ek_boards.html
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla8874 View Post
Cyrrus, this should help you out.

Good find lots of good tips
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNut View Post
Give me your opinion on who you think makes the best tweak station for the dollar.
Give me 20 cents (two dimes) and I'll show you the best tweek station for the money!!

And it won't cost a whole dollar!
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote