Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Who makes the best tweak station?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

If you real precise setup get 4 digital scales...ebay has em for cheap usually..make sure it is the ones that go down to .1 gram...you car will really be setup nice
Old 03-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Re: Who makes the best tweak station?

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

I have the Integy Laser tweak station and it does a excellent job.

My only complaint would be of the Bubble Vial for leveling. Even with the newest version it is almost impossible to find center. I've been using a separate machinist level to set-up the tweak station before placing my Car(s) on it.
That's the beauty of the laser tweak station...you don't need to level it before checking tweak. Using the laser method eliminates the need.

Blake
Old 03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My 5 year old Niftech does the trick!
Old 03-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Who makes the best tweak station?

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr

That's the beauty of the laser tweak station...you don't need to level it before checking tweak. Using the laser method eliminates the need.

Blake
This is what Integy claims, but my thinking goes like this.

Take a sharp Pencil and try to stand it vertically on the tip/point. Probably almost impossible.
If you have the Tweak Station leaning at an angle (even slightly), I believe that the setting will be off.
For this reason I go to great pains to level mine before checking a Car.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes that is therotically true but it is close enough if the surface is generally level. I have used the integy tweak station for more than a year now and it is very good. The best part is you can also use it to equalise your droop as well.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

The only problem with the penny deal is it tells you when your suspension travel tops out & starts to pick up the tire that has topped out when you lift it up & not equilizing the weights on each wheel loaded. Seems the penny works if you know each sides suspension hits the end of its up travel at exactly the same time. On a touring car it would be affected by the accuracy of the droop screws on each side matching. I would think a loaded chassis on a good tweak board is better. R.W.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

The real issue for 12th scale is the sensitivity of the tweak bord your using. ANY tweak board will work sufficiently for a TC because a TC has such a wide footprint and so much mass. A 12thscale car requires a FAR greater sensitivity. Most commercially available stations won't notice a 1/16th of a turn on 12th scale tweak screws, but a 16th of a turn can be noticeable on the track. If you don't have a compressed spring on one side of your 12th scaler, then the coin trick is ALWAYS more accurate.

If you've got a compressed spring on one side of your front-end you really won't be able to set tweak either way. The car will have unregulated suspension travel on the side with the compressed spring, and that leads to all sorts of handling irregularities that can feel like the tweak is off, or even a radio hit.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I always level mine also. My Integy instructions never mentioned balancing out the laser end of the station. After you install the battery, that end is no where close to being level. I really started to dislike it when I tweaked my touring car on it and the adj's I made didnt seem to show up on the tweak station as fast as on my old MIP one. I went back and forth between the two and found that, for some reason, the MIP was much more sensitive than the Integy to changes in the shock collars. It looks cooler but just didnt perform as well as the cheap old MIP.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Laser Tweak Station

Guys;

Even being able to adjust the battery position for balance, I myself find it about impossible for the Laser Arm to find level.

As I am writing this I just got an idea.

Instead of balancing using the teeter/totter method. I am going to try balancing like you would an Airplane propeller. Might make for a slightly more accurate set-up.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I know this is an old thread, but would like to get more opinions on newer or updated tweak stations for a 1/10 pan. So please contribute and help a newbie get up and running with the proper equiptment.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ottoman
I always level mine also. My Integy instructions never mentioned balancing out the laser end of the station. After you install the battery, that end is no where close to being level. I really started to dislike it when I tweaked my touring car on it and the adj's I made didnt seem to show up on the tweak station as fast as on my old MIP one. I went back and forth between the two and found that, for some reason, the MIP was much more sensitive than the Integy to changes in the shock collars. It looks cooler but just didnt perform as well as the cheap old MIP.
It is true that when you put the batteries the beam tilts towars that side but if you stick a dime on the side of it at aprox 1.25 in right of the center shaft, it would be perfect. I use the integy laser tweak board for about 3 years and my cars are always perfect. My friend has a MIP and he always use mine when we pit together, He says easier and very precise. I highly recommend it.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Unity is the BEST hands down

Scales is the other option
Old 05-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

kinda un related but i just got a mip tweak station but no directions so i am not positive how to use it or what i am really using it for. Anybody know where i can find directions for it?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron

2 votes for Unity

http://www.unitytool.com/Unity_Tools...ek_boards.html

works with all scales
Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron

I have one a Unity Tool and it is really nice. For what I see guys spending on some other brands I think I have a steal because the Unity tool don't have any slop like the others. I find it to be the most accurate for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.