Wiki Posts
Search

Is trinity going out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
No Delta had the 3 shock rear suppension in the 80's with the 1/12 super spyder!And then with the Super Villian 1/10th .
Links cars that Joel drove back then was also Composite Craft links cars.
Was that the Lynx? I though that was the name of the TRC pan car?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadSign
Was that the Lynx? I though that was the name of the TRC pan car?
Lynx and the Lynx II elite series were TRC cars back in the day. I ran them, and only recently sold mine on ebay because i couldn't get parts anymore .
Old 12-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Actually TRC had their own car first. They had a 10th scale pan called the TRC Pro 10 and a 12th car called the TRC Pro 12. Composite Craft sold their own car as well. Lynx I and Lynx II, at the end though I beleive they merged with TRC, so it was a joint effort at the end. I might have a fact in there wrong but it was pretty close to that. I had several of those cars, still have my Pro 10 TRC car.

Steve
Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Composite Craft Predator Lynx?! I bought one from Baker at Hot Trick when I was like 10.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

ya mean like THIS one?

This was a Predator Lynx II, note the pic on the box shows a dampener disc where this one had the two Delta micro shocks (not sure where they got off to, but I'm sure they're somewhere along with the post that had the nylon "hat" with two balls threaded into it for the other end of the shocks.

Bought this one in '89 or so, raced it for a season with SARCAR in Renton when they were running 1/10 electric along with the 1/8 gas. Moved up to 1/8 the next season. Also raced it with an open-wheel body and with a NASCRAP body at Raceway in Edmonds iir. By the time TRCR opened their carpet track (remember the BIG banked turn?) I had picked up a 10L Graphite (still have that one too) and raced it a BUNCH. 1/10 pan was the best class ever invented for RC.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't think that's the Lynx II. Lynx II had an L shaped rocker with a single center shock instead of the two angled lower links.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Lord

Here is a Lynx II

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...e-pan-car.html
Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Your memory is probably FAR better than my own, but that looks (to me) a lot like one of the Lynx's after they merged with TRC. That chassis shape at the front and ally front axle look pure TRC to me, the rear pod looks Composite Craft.

My own memory was the Lynx had the dampening disk (like a 12L, etc).

The Lynx II was like mine, having eliminated the dampening disk and adding the Delta shocks.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

DOH!! And I JUST now got the "Lynx" name...Lynx, Links...got it. Only took 20 years. Some folks are just slow, I guess
Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Your memory is probably FAR better than my own, but that looks (to me) a lot like one of the Lynx's after they merged with TRC. That chassis shape at the front and ally front axle look pure TRC to me, the rear pod looks Composite Craft.

My own memory was the Lynx had the dampening disk (like a 12L, etc).

The Lynx II was like mine, having eliminated the dampening disk and adding the Delta shocks.
Yes that was the last Lynx II but I didn't know the two shock one was also called a lynx II. I had the last version, great car though the 10L was a tick faster.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Was that in Orlando? or the year after? I'd have to look at my tee shirt collection to be sure. I just found my pictures of the Orlando nationals yesterday (indoors by the airport). Yes I did appreciate the picture.
I'm guessing you're talking about "Lake Wippoorwill"? Bob Housh did something that nobody else ever attempted to do back then. I was there when the place was just an orange grove close to a lake!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Corallyman and John Warner your wrong. The First (Indoors) Roar Nationals for 1/12th cars was held in Orlando - in 1987 at the Marriott hotel by the airport. This is where Rick Hohwart won his first ROAR Nationals as Peak Performance.I know I never went to Nevada for a R/C race. I did however win the Winners motor of the A main and that was Rick Hohwart driving a Delta Chassis 1/12th with his motor which I still have.I remember him and his partner going back to his room to give me the motor. InsteadI I told him to keep it and send me a new one.I then got on with the Peak Perfomance.
On the TRC and Composite Craft thing . TRC came out with there own car and also sold tires. Composite Craft(Kim Davis) was Composited Craft and did the Predator and Lynx cars.
In the 1990's Trinity- TRC and Composite Craft formed the Triad. I had to run a Lynx car in order to get TRC tires from Tim.I supported Tim when he was at Bolink. I did not even know him at the time but at the WinterNationals held in Orlando in his main ( back before there was a computer lap counter) you stoppped at the end of the 8 minutes (1/12) and you counted the boards. The guy he was racing agains did not stop but rolled about 10 feet in front of him. I was the only one that saw it happen and told the race official as the other driver was going to take the credit for the postion.Anyway that's it for now.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

John: the Penta by the Airport in Orlando hosted the 1992 ROAR Nationals. Just threw away my copy of our bid yesterday.The last race that wasn't held in Orlando at the Whip was the 1993 ROAR Oval Nationals as Bob sold the place before the nationalsand the end of the Whip.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Since this is a Trinity thread- Ernie must be doing something correctly. As when I first started racing It was Associated-Reedy, Delta, Bolink, Parma,MRP, Leisurer, Novak (recievers and servos) and Trinity. Look and see how many of the orginals are left doing what they orginally did. Ernie has been a force in the R/C industry for quite awhile.He should have moved to Florida years ago(less taxes).
Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Corallyman and John Warner your wrong. The First (Indoors) Roar Nationals for 1/12th cars was held in Orlando - in 1987 at the Marriott hotel by the airport. This is where Rick Hohwart won his first ROAR Nationals as Peak Performance.I know I never went to Nevada for a R/C race. I did however win the Winners motor of the A main and that was Rick Hohwart driving a Delta Chassis 1/12th with his motor which I still have.I remember him and his partner going back to his room to give me the motor. InsteadI I told him to keep it and send me a new one.I then got on with the Peak Perfomance.
On the TRC and Composite Craft thing . TRC came out with there own car and also sold tires. Composite Craft(Kim Davis) was Composited Craft and did the Predator and Lynx cars.
In the 1990's Trinity- TRC and Composite Craft formed the Triad. I had to run a Lynx car in order to get TRC tires from Tim.I supported Tim when he was at Bolink. I did not even know him at the time but at the WinterNationals held in Orlando in his main ( back before there was a computer lap counter) you stoppped at the end of the 8 minutes (1/12) and you counted the boards. The guy he was racing agains did not stop but rolled about 10 feet in front of him. I was the only one that saw it happen and told the race official as the other driver was going to take the credit for the postion.Anyway that's it for now.
Bullfrog is correct on the 87 race. For some reason I thought it was on a AMB scoring system though? I sill have the printouts for the results of the race but I don't know what program generated the info. Or are you making reference to one of the Whip races?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.