R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Watch what you say guys. EP is connected better than a fresh Deans plug.

Lol
Old 12-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Watch what you say guys. EP is connected better than a fresh Deans plug.

Must be brother's
Attached Thumbnails
Is trinity going out of business?-picture-3.jpg  
Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

1. Find a niche hobby with a user base too stubborn to work together toward class action.
2. Sell them stuff. Treat them like crap.
3. ???
4. Profit!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow you all are a trip. Epic isnt going anywhere. We no longer distribute to Great Planes thus they are no longer carrying any of our products. Yes the Pulse motor was a mess BUT I personally sent out over 150 Nemesis motors to replace motors that where defective and were sent in. Yes in the past customer Service was lacking in the past but things have changed. If you have problems you can contact Billy or Lee (me) and we will take care of the problem you have to the best of our ability.
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #20
Tech Adept

my sister used to work at GP in Illinois. To lose that account is a big deal. I wonder what happened. Lee can you say? I know a lot of people say ernie has been less then honest in most of his practices and is sleezy for suing everyone over any little things but they have always answered the phone when I called but could not help me but at least they tried. wasnt ernie in the paper or on national news about his kid getting hit by a nba player and was going to sue the whole team or something. kinda sad but hey i dont care if they just rebadge equipment doesnt most every rc company?
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Its not a public thing as to why we dont sell to them so I wont discuss it. As for rebadging the pulse as people think we did. I can tell you Jim Dieter spent months redesigning and testing the Nemesis before it was realeased to make sure its as fast or faster than any other motor on the market including our own Duo motors.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I personally would hate to see Trinity, or any R/C company for that matter, go out of business. Those not around this hobby that long may not remember that Ernie along with Gene Hustings(AE), Bob Novak, Kevin Orton(Tekin), Bob Rule(Bolink), Gil Losi Sr., and others, put everything they had on the line to build this industry. Do you think it was easy going to a bank to get financing telling them that they were going to make toy cars and motors? Funny how Ernie & Bob are the only ones left.

Did Ernie piss off some people along the way? Sure, but show me a successfull business owner that hasn't at some point in time. You also need to give credit were credit is due. Trinity was insturmental in bringing a lot of the technology to this hobby that we now take for granted. Almost every pan car on the market now is based off of the EV-10. They got Sanyo and other battery companies to produce a product specifically for us even though the market is tiny compared to their normal business model. I could go on and on.

When I was in this industry from '93 -'99, I bought lots of products from Trinity as they were the only one that had what the hobbiests wanted in a lot of cases. Yea, I thought I was getting screwed every once in a while, but as I look back on it now, Ernie was just being a smart business owner, and if I had done the same, I may still be in business today.

Just because Great Planes is not carrying their product means nothing. Maybe Trinity dumped them due to payment terms or like WalMart, make them ship product on consignment only wanting to pay for it as it's sold. It may have been a mutual decision. Who cares, there's plenty of other places that you can get their products from anyways and I hope they make a come back to be a dominant player like they once were.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
I personally would hate to see Trinity, or any R/C company for that matter, go out of business. Those not around this hobby that long may not remember that Ernie along with Gene Hustings(AE), Bob Novak, Kevin Orton(Tekin), Bob Rule(Bolink), Gil Losi Sr., and others, put everything they had on the line to build this industry. Do you think it was easy going to a bank to get financing telling them that they were going to make toy cars and motors? Funny how Ernie & Bob are the only ones left.

Did Ernie piss off some people along the way? Sure, but show me a successfull business owner that hasn't at some point in time. You also need to give credit were credit is due. Trinity was insturmental in bringing a lot of the technology to this hobby that we now take for granted. Almost every pan car on the market now is based off of the EV-10. They got Sanyo and other battery companies to produce a product specifically for us even though the market is tiny compared to their normal business model. I could go on and on...
+1

Back when I first got into RC I bought Trinity Matched Sanyo packs and their Trinity/Epic brushed modified motors. Those motors were made in Japan too and came in all kinds of winds and turns. In those days the Tekins and Novaks were the only competition level ESCs available. I too hope to see Trinity/Epic climb back to the top, however there's a lot more competition now so it's gonna be pretty tough. I was really close to buying a Pulse motor but when I read about the problems with them I went with another brand. Hopefully I'll have a Nemesis to add to my collection of LRP, CC, HW brushless motors.
PaPeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
Tech Addict

I wouldnt say we arent on top now. Yes there is a lot of competition but at the same time if you look at results of big races there are more duo based motors on top. Yes some may say Fantom, Ae or express but they still come from our building.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

Well Bolink is still around somewhat.
They will come back soon, and soo are some other old players just wait n see xD
Old 12-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
I wouldnt say we arent on top now. Yes there is a lot of competition but at the same time if you look at results of big races there are more duo based motors on top. Yes some may say Fantom, Ae or express but they still come from our building.
Economical changes, New technology takes a bit to sink in =D
Every one learns from their mistake xD

Heck was there ever a chassis that didnt need redesigning from start ?

Some designs are more prone to fail than others.

But one thing did change the industry alot is this RTR stuff ...
Less and less kits are available now which is sadening me. LOL
Old 12-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

Is it just possible the Great Planes is reducing the "Trinity" branded items because the name doesn't exsist any more."Epic" will be used for the branding. I would guess in the new future any for Trinity product would be rebranded or simply re-named under the Epic banner.

I worked for Ernie a few years. There were times I thought he was a great boss and times a not so great boss. In the end. I learned a lot about business from him and how to look at all angles of it. It's pretty amazing to see what happens behind the scenes in this industry of ours. It is more than a hobby for many people. And when you look at it from that point of view it's very different.
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #28
Tech Champion

I hope not.... I hope trinity can survive.

Everytime I hear trinity, I always remember my childhood with trinity monster motor orange color. Trinity Monster was the fastest motor in back in 1984, if it compared to Tamiya technic power 540 or Kyosho le mans motors.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
1. Find a niche hobby with a user base too stubborn to work together toward class action.
2. Sell them stuff. Treat them like crap.
3. ???
4. Profit!
OH MY GOD!!!

Ernie Provetti is an underwear gnome!!

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Trinity refused to give any info about there motors when i talked to them per mail.

Its like buying a car unseen, i find it strange that people buy stuff they don't know anything about.

Turns and KV don`t say much.

Team Trinity? BOO!
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote