R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

6-cell 19 turn is faster than 4-cell 19 pan in 4 minutes, But we run 5 minutes so the cars are a tick slower in the long run. They are very smooth and easier to drive........

With the right set up though.............

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Tornado_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would imagine they'd setup very similar to a full size stock car. Are you truing stagger into the tires? How about cross weight and left side weight limits on the class? Or is it get as much weight on the left as you can?

I'm not an oval RC guy but I have worked on my cousins NASCAR SW Tour pit crew.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:47 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Chassis setups are really close front to rear, but we have been playing with tires. We hav'nt run the car very long.

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Old 03-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It'd be vary interesting to see setup sheets once you get more data on it.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

We have not ventured from different springs yet just swaybars and tires. As soon as we get more set ups and track time we will post some info.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:14 PM   #21
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I won the 2002 birds touring oval class, and qualified .2 off for a 3rd this year with a 6th place in the A due to the "brutal" main. I won the birds club race on Thursday and the car was ballistic in qualifying Friday......only .2 separated the top 3 cars! As the traction came up it became a different story though. I incorporated a slider tray off the L4 onto my tc3. I cut the battery slots most of the way down with just enough left to mount the tray I made several option holes and this allowed full movement from front to back with the tray. My buddy ran and xray with the slider tray installed and then the corally guys went and installed one on their car. I've ran touring oval there for 3 years and the class is a blast.

From the looks of that chassis it appears that the left side has to be rubbing the body (?). I didn't find any real advantage in getting the cells that far out on the left. I for one would be interested in trying something like what you have out just to compare the two. The key to touring oval seems to be the right gear. A lot of racers base their guesstimates on on-road gearing to start with, and that's way off the mark. My car was fast enough however to catch the eye of Pro-Match for some sonsorship so that was a big plus

You guys look as though you've got a nice product their. I'm hoping will keep enough interest here in Central Fl., with the opening on the hottest indoor facility I've ever seen....RPM Speedway. Keep us posted on availability and pricing. If you need anyone to do some unbiased testing, let me know.

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:27 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

The Left side of the chassis measures 8" to the outside of the RR tire. We installed 200mm arms on the right and 190mm on the left. The chassis fits under a McAllister 04' Taurus perfectly. Alot of guys look and assume the car is too wide, but it fits the McAllister body like a glove.

ASM....congrats on your past wins, I just want KATFISH. Does not matter to me if I finish 9th as long as he is 10th. LOL LOL LOL

KATFISH is a great guy and I am hoping he reads this.

Any other comments or questions feel free to post them here.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:34 PM   #23
Tech Adept

We now have a growing class of Touring Oval cars running on our high-banked concrete oval in Fort Lauderdale. None of these drivers have raced the class at the Snowbirds but certainly may in the future.

Bob
amusicwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #24
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Oooppsss....did I say I won in 2002?.... It was 2003..doh!!
I had Gary send me a few bodies and they sent an 04 Taurus they day I left and I couldn't bring it to try out. But I could see where that would fit. I'm not saying your chassis is too wide, just asking. I'm basing it on the appearance of how far the tray extends compared to the tires. We also ran our cars at 200mm in practice and even ran one side at 190mm and the other at 200mm. We pulled out all the stop this year....lol. The car just seemed to be more to our liking at 190mm. Once Kat and Rob saw the trays on our cars they went and mounted one on that Corally....and he did TQ, I give him credit for that, but like you I wanted to beat him instead of him breaking....LOL. I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances at RPM Is this chassis available, or is this the prototype? Thanks!

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

This is the prototype. The production version will be a complete conversion for the 190mm TC3. This way you can still run your TC3 190mm body as well.

The prototype will still be on file if I need more cut...................

Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 PM   #26
Tech Master

yup i got to run the tourer at rpm last saturday boyz..you all better go back to the drawing board with your sleds..it's all over but the crying! lol the car looks sweet tony! only advantage i have is none of you hacks can wheel a oval car like i can! muhahahahahaha and scott with the track conditions like they were on sunday i was beat before the buzzer went off!

i was looking for my dominator i thought it was off road ? lol

i suspect the interest in toruing oval picked up just after sunday at the birds. i figure alot of the pan car boys and girls figure if the track is gonna get bumpy they might as well have some suspension to play with? lol

i got the corally prototype 3 days before the birds. i never had a lap on the car until wednesday of the birds..i am impressed with the direct drive..next year PRS will be showing me the money for the win in touring oval.. btw scott the flroida oval series as well as the speedway race will have toruing oval as a class......so bring your toys and come play! your puny sissy little 1.16 cells wont be any match for my sword of smc voltage i lay down on you! ahhahaahahahah ok nuff smack! back to the real world now,lol..i'm realy happy to see some interest in touring oval..maybe we can convert a few more onroad nerds next year?
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:48 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

How many of you TC3 Touring Oval guys would be interested in a set of Front and Rear aluminum A-arms mounts for $35.00 shipped? They retail for $25.00 a pair!

This is what you would get:

Front 5 or 7 degree aluminum a-arm mount pair

Rear 0 degree toe/1 degree anti squat a-arm mount pair

Both sets of mounts include the front and rear mount. The mounts will also have a delrin balls that the hinge pin fits and then is assembled in the mount.

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Tornado_Racing; 03-11-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

The only problem I see is if you break a left rear arm and it breaks forward. You would slice up your tires. Everything els looks good though. Is that the NTC3 steering system?
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Here is a pic of the front mount.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 degree front arm mounts.jpg (10.3 KB, 200 views)

Old 03-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

and a pic of the rear mount.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 degree rear mounts.jpg (9.0 KB, 165 views)