R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC3 Question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/35326-tc3-question.html)

Kall 03-08-2004 07:12 PM

TC3 Question

I'm just starting up and looking at buying a TC3 but am unsure as the difference between a normal TC3 and a factory or team TC3? I was looking on tower hobbies and there seems to be a big price difference but since I'm just starting out is it worth it to get a more expensive car ? Or can i start out with a basic one and upgrade along the way.

Brian McGreevy 03-08-2004 07:29 PM

If you can afford it go with the Factory Team. You will save a lot of money in upgrade parts. It also has everything from the get go, so people can help you easier.

Kall 03-08-2004 07:37 PM

Thanks,

I appricate the help. Things have changed alot since I bought my raider back when i was 12.

Kall

Kall 03-08-2004 09:46 PM

Help with an auction

Ok, So if this is a good deal i will be tipping people off if its not hopefully you guys can tell me to stay way before I decide to bid.
There is a TC3 kit on ebay going for 122 right now. Can ya glance and tell me if its a decent buy.

Car auction

kall

Ike 03-08-2004 10:06 PM

Well, that's the RTR TC3, if you plan on racing try to go for a Factory Team. Also, who knows what's going on with a used car, all the bearing may be bad, things may be stripped out or warped, etc. etc. If you get a used car you're better off going with one that you know was not a toy and run out in someones driverway. Just a hunch, but I bet that's the case with that Ebay car.

Ike

Kall 03-08-2004 10:07 PM

ccol thanks

X Gear 03-08-2004 10:12 PM

Well... reserve hasn't been met yet... I doubt it's below the "Buy It Now" price of $175. An RTR TC3 retails for aprox $279. If everything shown is included (charger too) I'd say you have a pretty good deal there... even at the "Buy It Now" price.

X Gear 03-08-2004 10:14 PM

After seeing what Ike posted while I was typing the above post... I tend to agree. You didn't state your intention to race. I intend to race so I went with the Factory Team.

Kall 03-08-2004 10:20 PM

I'm not sure how far i intend to go at this point. Probably just some local racing is all. If I take if from there i can always upgrade or buy a new car. Just don't know if i wanna invest 700$ then decided I don't have the time. I all have to think fast about it. There is also a RS4 2 i was looking at. then i could accessorize

RS4 pro2

kall

X Gear 03-08-2004 10:39 PM

What's $700? A Factory Team Kit can be had for around $300. Wheels, tires, servo, motor, ESC, battery & body all under $200 if you budget on the motor & ESC. You can always upgrade the electronics later.

X Gear 03-08-2004 11:03 PM

What's $700? A Factory Team Kit can be had for around $300. Wheels, tires, servo, motor, ESC, battery & body all under $200 if you budget on the motor & ESC. You can always upgrade the electronics later.

Kall 03-08-2004 11:07 PM

Humm,

That wouldn't be too bad at all. For a stadium racer though you think i should stick with the TC3 or go toward the hpi rs pro4?

Kall

True R/C Racing 03-09-2004 04:01 AM

tc3, because its been out longer. Pro4 Its a New car Not many People Are running them yet and harder to find help. Pro4 is a Great Car out of box, but so is the tc3. I would go with tc3 because alot of people run them and theres parts evreywhere and help.:cool:

andsetinn 03-09-2004 05:21 AM

Re: TC3 Question

Originally posted by Kall
I'm just starting up and looking at buying a TC3 but am unsure as the difference between a normal TC3 and a factory or team TC3? I was looking on tower hobbies and there seems to be a big price difference but since I'm just starting out is it worth it to get a more expensive car ? Or can i start out with a basic one and upgrade along the way.
If I remember correctly tower clearly states the differences between versions at the bottom of the description. Personally I'd say you'd get most value for your money if you buy the Team version.
However I'd buy the Factory Team myself. :D Gotta have it ALL.

Almost every new touring car in the last 5 years or so has had problems when released, they're usually fixed soon, but from bitter experience, I don't trust new kits.

The old RS4 Pro2 was very good, strong and extremely popular car in it's time. If you're complete beginner I'd say buy it.