R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
What's stupid about that. They told you how to read the timing but thats not good enough. This information is found other places than RCtech and if you don't race then it doesn't matter
Things are done for reasons and this forum is for finding information. If you (gashuffer) don't have a real answer for my question, don't bother to answer. I'm not interested in your banter anyway.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

They already told you about reading the timing, but it sounds like you keep pushing the matter. I don't need to answer your question.Why? Because THEY already did"the sensor was DESIGNED that way". Don't be mad at me. I simply implied to move on and you called me stupid.
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
Things are done for reasons and this forum is for finding information. If you (gashuffer) don't have a real answer for my question, don't bother to answer. I'm not interested in your banter anyway.
K so just rub off the 1 where the "10" is and you get 0. Or if you have a tiny marker of some sort, rub off each first digit on the positive timing side (because who does negative timing anyways) and write in the correct one. Its not rocket science. If 10 degrees of marked timing equals 0 degrees of timing for the sensor, then thats it.

If you want a real answer then here it is: most likely the cans were pre-marked at the factory and the 0 degrees of real timing had to be found and that happened to be the 10 degree mark on the can.

if nobody has an official answer, id suggest you assume that one.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to RFALLON

....I bet you wont hit him!!!!
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Some people just don't get it. I would assume that when they found the timing, they then hand cast the cans individually and to throw people off, they miss marked them.
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok ill state this in a clearer way. The nemesis sensor and endbell set-up at 0 degrees is slightly negative timing. After a few dyno runs we found that 10 degrees of timing is the best starting point for racers or people just trying to have fun.
thisguy2849 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
You want to start at around 4.05 fdr
Forgive me but I am new to on-road. Is this the FDR that I would want to run on a carpet track, rubber tire. Track is 48'x92'. I also run a Tekin RS pro esc. Thanks.
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RE View Post
Forgive me but I am new to on-road. Is this the FDR that I would want to run on a carpet track, rubber tire. Track is 48'x92'. I also run a Tekin RS pro esc. Thanks.
Its the ratio excluding tire size. Should be a good starting point. Just run for a mi nute and check the temp
thisguy2849 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #39
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor View Post
Let the Talk begin. Is this motor better than the duo? How about the pulse? How are you gearing it compared to other motors?
I love the duo 2 and thats what I am currently running.

I will need a motor soon and this is what I think that I might get.. especially if its an improvement. Im torn between the nemesis and the new speedpassion ( I think the design has great ventalation).

I havent found much that can outrun the Duo 2. I have been against the new LRP's, Ballistics and the Duo 2 has held its own.

we were all running same speed control by the way.

** Team Xray - Team Novak - Proline - Sorex - KO Propo - Team Trinity **
bluephi1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #40
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

ok, ran the nemisis for the first time tonight and it seems to fade rather quickly.... when comparing it to the duo 2 .

Im currently running 102 spur and 41 pinion w/ 1.9 internal ratio. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone.. maybe even a trinity rep have any thoughts or advice on this.

I have run timming on 15, 20 and even 30 and it just seems to fade. Im running 1/10 scale with Ko speed control

** Team Xray - Team Novak - Proline - Sorex - KO Propo - Team Trinity **

Last edited by bluephi1914; 01-03-2010 at 02:02 AM.
bluephi1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914 View Post
ok, ran the nemisis for the first time tonight and it seems to fade rather quickly.... when comparing it to the duo 2 .

Im currently running 102 spur and 41 pinion w/ 1.9 internal ratio. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone.. maybe even a trinity rep have any thoughts or advice on this.

I have run timming on 15, 20 and even 30 and it just seems to fade. Im running 1/10 scale with Ko speed control
I would think less timing and more gearing would be the easy way to solve you "fade" problem if its heat related.

Interestly I have found that batteries and ESC config have more to do with "fade" than motor and gearing. I am generally a mod driver but run spec with my brothers and friends at clubbies with similar setup to mod (no heatsink or fan on motor). I reguarly push temps over 85C (+180F) and have never experienced "fade". I have heard many others complain about it and it always seems to be with lots of timing or old/cheap batteries.