Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RUNNINONMT
Dis jerry i raced ocs for alittle while with ola, and sam.
Oh hey! Cool good to see you around. We're doin an OCS race this sunday if you guys want to come out. Will probably keep doing it when we have a 5th Sunday.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Oh hey! Cool good to see you around. We're doin an OCS race this sunday if you guys want to come out. Will probably keep doing it when we have a 5th Sunday.
what classes are you gonna run?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

1/12th pan 17.5 no boost
1/10th TC 17.5 no boost
F1
Mini
and maybe WGT

http://www.hawaiitalks.net/oahu-cham...istration.html
Old 11-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hello all!!!

It's been a while since people wrote on this thread....Is the hype over about this car??? I'm actually quite seriously thinking about changing my xray 008 to get both this and Sakura S car (I just read it's to be released in the course of this month). I want to ask you guys something:

Nowadays I have a generous amount of Xray spares and would like to know if "anything" from my actual car fits the 3Racing car. What I'd be more interested in is collision parts like front/rear knuckles, suspension arms etc etc.

Talking with the heart, will I regret changing from a luxury (as they call it) brand to a lower price brand?

Also, I would like to know about the quality of the parts, I recall having bought some allum/alloy parts from 3racing for my M03, and they were crap. Specially the dampers, which I always had to refill because even from 1 to 3 runs, they were empty.

Thanks a lot for your input guys!

Last edited by manthree; 11-06-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by manthree
Hello all!!!

It's been a while since people wrote on this thread....Is the hype over about this car??? I'm actually quite seriously thinking about changing my xray 008 to get both this and Sakura S car (I just read it's to be released in the course of this month). I want to ask you guys something:

Nowadays I have a generous amount of Xray spares and would like to know if "anything" from my actual car fits the 3Racing car. What I'd be more interested in is collision parts like front/rear knuckles, suspension arms etc etc.

Talking with the heart, will I regret changing from a luxury (as they call it) brand to a lower price brand?

Also, I would like to know about the quality of the parts, I recall having bought some allum/alloy parts from 3racing for my M03, and they were crap. Specially the dampers, which I always had to refill because even from 1 to 3 runs, they were empty.

Thanks a lot for your input guys!
3Racing has come a LONG LONG WAY from their early M03 parts, you can easily see this change by looking at their M05 parts, its literally a night and day difference.

Re Xray parts, you can swap out the knuckles, uprights and steering blocks. All the hardware of course, bearings, and i think belts. Xray arms are a swept design so cant be swapped out for the straight Sakura arms.

No one can say that Xray arent great cars, but the 3Racing Sakura is a great car if you want to follow your own path.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

where can I buy
Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

About mid way through this year I decided to look at racing touring cars. I raced a mini for a few months prior to this and that was my first real go at racing on road. I have raced off road now for about 25 years and never really ventured into TC racing. We had a bit of a play with the 1/10th pan cars back around 1990, mine was a PB Sizzler, and the Tamiya F1's, but due to lack of numbers this didn't even last 3 months.

After a couple of months with the M05 this year, I started to look at TC's and wanted something different, so I went with the Zero and I'm not the only one impressed with it. My first nights racing saw this car win all four races for the night against the experienced guys in what we call 'Super Stock' using 10.5 motors. i even had the car under geared and only with the stock set up. Since then, this car is at the pointy end of every race I have raced it in, and this is against against the majority of drivers in this class with a lot of years racing.

I have had no issues with the car, and out of the box it is right up there with the best of them for ease of maintenance, handling and speed.
The whole package is very good for the price and I don't see myself changing to another brand anytime soon.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Questions??

Do the current available springs from 3Racing solve all of the shock issues—ride height, droop, etc.?

Anyone have a rubber tire carpet setup they'd like to share with me?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Do the current available springs from 3Racing solve all of the shock issues—ride height, droop, etc.?

Anyone have a rubber tire carpet setup they'd like to share with me?
All you need is the -1mm lower spring retainers for the standard Sakura springs to fit nicely. The first batch of springs they made were too long.

The revised ones are excellent, as is the rest of the car + the gear diff option.... butter smooth.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I break front Alu uj within 5 packs. I think 3racing alu uj very weak.

Does xray spring steel uj fits in?

I know Tamiya and yokomo fits. I would like to try xray.

44mm or 46mm better?
Old 11-07-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beaim
I break front Alu uj within 5 packs. I think 3racing alu uj very weak.

Does xray spring steel uj fits in?

I know Tamiya and yokomo fits. I would like to try xray.

44mm or 46mm better?
Just get the Sakura 46mm Steel Uni's for the front and you wont have a problem

Alex. . .
Old 11-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Notched up another win tonight in our 21.5 spec class. Got tq and the win against a field of Xrays, including T3/2011 etc.
A nice 0.18 consistency to go with it + only 2seconds off the race record (done in a heat race -- rolling start) , with tonight only being moderately grippy, compared to other nights.

I think it's time to step up to open 17.5 ....
Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

2 Pictures of my Sakura Zero:

Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

Last Week, I and my friend Ginger have made the first race of Indoor championship to Scandiano (Italy) with 3Racing Sakura.

Ginger win the race and I have arrived third!!!!!
The car is very very fast!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lucapatrizio
Hi guys

Last Week, I and my friend Ginger have made the first race of Indoor championship to Scandiano (Italy) with 3Racing Sakura.

Ginger win the race and I have arrived third!!!!!
The car is very very fast!
Super fancy pics!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.