Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3 Racing was posted New spring ,
wait moment !
Old 05-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tourer
hi all been reading all the posts but first time ive said anything
ive built and run the car the quailty is good i must say and with a little track time it has potential
but there are a few issuses that need working out
i found the car close to un-drivable with the springs that were supplied with the kit and sorry to say i broke it on my best run off the day,
now im having terrible trouble getting hold off any replacement parts, ive still not received the promised setup board either

right where or how do i get my hands on the replacement springs that seems to be available now ???
are where is the best place to get parts from in the uk ?
can some one please help me
http://www.lmi-racing.com/index.php

There you go... I think that is the easiest
Old 05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi all been reading all the posts but first time ive said anything
ive built and run the car the quailty is good i must say and with a little track time it has potential
but there are a few issuses that need working out
i found the car close to un-drivable with the springs that were supplied with the kit and sorry to say i broke it on my best run off the day,
now im having terrible trouble getting hold off any replacement parts, ive still not received the promised setup board either

right where or how do i get my hands on the replacement springs that seems to be available now ???
are where is the best place to get parts from in the uk ?
can some one please help me
Hi tourer i am in the uk too ? i have got the tamiya short spring set , this seems to make things a bit better ! although i havent run mine yet not sure when im gonna get a chance at the mo !!!! Where did you get your kit from ?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Springs

Hi all tnx for ya quick response
the web site seems to be in german sorry to say I can't read german English is hard enough sometimes lol ;0)
How many English stockest are there anyideas?
I got the car from abe racing but been trying to contact
him think he's away for a bit so realy havin trouble finding parts
I'm looking into the tamiya 53333 short springs I also feel that the rear needs 3deg toe as well I struggled at brooklands with the rear grip
and has all the cars got a large amount off play around the layshaft spur gear pully?? Mine seems to be to much side to side movement used shims in kit

Also has anyone got a direct email address for 3 racing would realy like to comfrim that I can receive the correct springs and setup board asap
thanks again all happy racing
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

abe is wher i got mine from i think he does have some spares coming, the 53333 is what i got it nearly sorts the front ride height out, down to about 6mm , i also have the extra hard white ones coming but couldnt find any in the uk so had to order from overseas , type in 3 racing into google should come up with the web page , i would imagine it will have some contact details on . what have you broke , bits from other cars may fit! as i say i havent run mine yet but have ordered a few bits including the 3 deg rear brace from rc market , seem to have good selection of bits

Andy
Old 05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

I'm looking into the tamiya 53333 short springs I also feel that the rear needs 3deg toe as well I struggled at brooklands with the rear grip and has all the cars got a large amount off play around the layshaft spur gear pully?? Mine seems to be to much side to side movement used shims in kit

Also has anyone got a direct email address for 3 racing would realy like to comfrim that I can receive the correct springs and setup board asap
thanks again all happy racing
I do have 53333 and 42168 which are the same only difference is colour, my thought about the springs is its too soft for my liking.

2 areas that I needed to add shims 1) as you said the center shaft which I add 0.2mm on both side of the center pulleys. 2) under the bulkhead covers, for the front and rear, mine have to be added 0.3mm shims on all the 8 screws that bolted the cover. This is to free up the diff bearing from the tight pressure when you tighten the bulk head cover.

3racing's contact [email protected] I contacted them regarding the correct replacement springs and within the same day they posted it using EMS to me. Very good cs service.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default springs

thanx for all ya input people
ive had some joy pleased to say managed to place an order with rc mushroom
the parcel arrived in two days was well shocked can recommend, they have most parts in stock :0)
just cant seem to get me hands on any wishbones

i've received the rear uprights and the 3deg toe bloke for the rear and a few other bits trying to talk the miss's into letting get some track time this weekend lol

A friend lent me some team magic short silver springs same lbs front and rear
but the ride hight can be down to 4mm iff u feel the need they fit well yet to try on the track but feel so much better to the touch:0)

and ive contacted 3racing as well and seems there going to send the replacement springs to me direct
I have a question that just thought are we getting 4 new springs ???? to address the lbs weight off ones supplied or just two front ones

to the person that also bought there cars from abe racing have u received the setup board yet?????
Old 05-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default shims

i have some tamiya shims in the my old kit hoping that the shims well do the job
but the centre pulley really needs to be done to be honest
as for the bulkheads mate i see the same thing when building the car but seemed to close up the gap fine when bolted the car together
but will try the shims see if it makes the drive train less constricted
did your car feel tight when u spun the drive chain by hand??
the kimbro servo saver fits much better as well
:0)
Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default partts broke

broke the rear hub,bent the drive shaft and turn-buckle also the suspension pin, and rear sus mount i suspect are a little bent as well the right side has all gone tight
so i done it propley lol the high speed off brooklands weren't good
that was all on one crash as well hopefully i just got unlucky and the car isn't a shall i say weak
lets hope not
Old 05-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

did your car feel tight when u spun the drive chain by hand?? the kimbro servo saver fits much better as well
:0)
Just loosen up the belts setting, the instruction setting is tight. As for the servo savers I m using the identical design from Tamiya which is a bit stiffer than the stock one.

Yesterday was the controlled practice day (FEMCA race) and I posted the fastest time overall with this car, even beating the MOD class timing. The car is very dialed from the 1st day out on carpet. I m hoping I can maintain and do better in the Heats round today.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

broke the rear hub,bent the drive shaft and turn-buckle also the suspension pin, and rear sus mount i suspect are a little bent as well the right side has all gone tight
so i done it propley lol the high speed off brooklands weren't good
that was all on one crash as well hopefully i just got unlucky and the car isn't a shall i say weak
lets hope not
Sorry to hear that, you must have taken a hard hit. Mine is still going good after a few soft hits. One thing I notice is the rear suspension arm are gaining more play than its from new, seems like the hinge shaft slots are getting a bit bigger. Anyway here the parts are dirt cheap so I wont worry too much about it.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, just to let you know I have TQed and won the FEMCA ISTC 2010 with this car. I m very happy with this car, handling is superb. It was the fastest car all weekend even beating MOD class timing which was also TQed by me but with a different chassis. I won the Finals 3 rounds. It was that good that I wanted to drive this car in MOD finals but unfortunately the race director won't let me because he said I registered the Mod class with a different chassis.

Anyway I m thinking of getting another one for MOD class racing.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

do they share the some parts with the 416? looks like some of their partss would work. (drivetrain)
Old 05-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Hey guys, just to let you know I have TQed and won the FEMCA ISTC 2010 with this car. I m very happy with this car, handling is superb. It was the fastest car all weekend even beating MOD class timing which was also TQed by me but with a different chassis. I won the Finals 3 rounds. It was that good that I wanted to drive this car in MOD finals but unfortunately the race director won't let me because he said I registered the Mod class with a different chassis.

Anyway I m thinking of getting another one for MOD class racing.
Congrats Dameetz, is there a link anywhere to the event, results, pics etc.
How did KSCHU Go?

And im sure all the pinky drivers would apreciate a setup sheet once your back and settled.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
do they share the some parts with the 416? looks like some of their partss would work. (drivetrain)
A few things like driveshafts, bearings, spool outdrives, diff parts etc are same or similar if you really wanted to put tammy stuff on. But with the 3r parts being so much cheaper no real need for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.