Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Hi all...

More 3Racing sakura parts and kits are restocked at www.tqrcracing.com.

Click Here to check out.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well got back from racing today. I broke the rear belt twice! This was boosted 17.5. It just snapped suddenly during practice! I guess I'll be swapping over to the 416 belt. Does the front belt have this issue as well?

Overall, the car was pretty good. I had to fight a loose rear end, but solved that issue. Got the setup pretty decent. Now I just have to fix the rear belt.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The rear belts seem to be weak. Not sure if the 416 is any better as I have done 2 x Sakura R belts and a 416 in 3 meetings along with 2 x center pulleys. This is with the gear diff and in Mod. Otherwise the car is great and handles like a dream...so planted.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Snapped the rear belt??.

Why is everybody having these problems?
What am i doing "wrong" that it don't happen to me yet?
I drive a 13.5 LRP X12 tuboed, boosted and with geardiff but haven't snapped a belt in, lets say erhmmmmm never
Have now 12 practice runs and 4 races on it, in and outdoor and still running the same belt
Don't you guys run the belts to tight?? or are the tracks dirty?

regards Roy

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Well got back from racing today. I broke the rear belt twice! This was boosted 17.5. It just snapped suddenly during practice! I guess I'll be swapping over to the 416 belt. Does the front belt have this issue as well?

Overall, the car was pretty good. I had to fight a loose rear end, but solved that issue. Got the setup pretty decent. Now I just have to fix the rear belt.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Snapped the rear belt??.

Why is everybody having these problems?
What am i doing "wrong" that it don't happen to me yet?
I drive a 13.5 LRP X12 tuboed, boosted and with geardiff but haven't snapped a belt in, lets say erhmmmmm never
Have now 12 practice runs and 4 races on it, in and outdoor and still running the same belt
Don't you guys run the belts to tight?? or are the tracks dirty?

regards Roy
I could not tell you....I have a full season on the same kit belts....nothing...Maybe some people run them to tight?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

My rear belt has only just gone after nearly a years racing mainly in 13.5 but more recently 17.5 so I dont think it is a major problem but no where locally stock parts to me s I have to order them from HK
Old 05-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Nope, belts are not set too tight. I've never snapped a belt in any of my past "belted" cars (YR4M2 Pro, Street Weapon, MR4TC SP, XXX-S, 414M2, 415, 415MSX R2, 415MSX MRE, XRay T1 Evo2, Cyclone SE, BD, TA05, 007, 008, 009, 416, BD5, etc., etc.) Trust me, I was shocked to. The first time I could maybe understand. I had about 3 or 4 "race days" on the car. So I thought the same thing. How can anybody be snapping these belts? During practice yesterday, a car was just sitting on the back straight sweeper unannounced. I plowed right into him. That's when the rear belt snapped. So I shrugged that off. I got 2 qualifiers in no problems with the new belt. But during practice before the mains, I only made one lap when my rear belt suddenly snap for no reason. I was running 38t rear ball diff with 19t center pulley. 17.5 Boosted class.

Anyways, it's a great car and I love it. I'm figuring it out and sticking with it. But it just took me by surprise that it just snapped like that. I'm wondering, it is the 19t pulley? That's all I've run on this car.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nope, belts are not set too tight. I've never snapped a belt in any of my past "belted" cars (YR4M2 Pro, Street Weapon, MR4TC SP, XXX-S, 414M2, 415, 415MSX R2, 415MSX MRE, XRay T1 Evo2, Cyclone SE, BD, TA05, 007, 008, 009, 416, BD5, etc., etc.) Trust me, I was shocked to. The first time I could maybe understand. I had about 3 or 4 "race days" on the car. So I thought the same thing. How can anybody be snapping these belts? During practice yesterday, a car was just sitting on the back straight sweeper unannounced. I plowed right into him. That's when the rear belt snapped. So I shrugged that off. I got 2 qualifiers in no problems with the new belt. But during practice before the mains, I only made one lap when my rear belt suddenly snap for no reason. I was running 38t rear ball diff with 19t center pulley. 17.5 Boosted class.

Anyways, it's a great car and I love it. I'm figuring it out and sticking with it. But it just took me by surprise that it just snapped like that. I'm wondering, it is the 19t pulley? That's all I've run on this car.
I found snapping rear belt only happen if the rear belt are loose, not tight.

After I change it back to 38/20 pulleys and tighten the rear belt, no more issue. Give that a try see how you go.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks. I ordered some belts. So we'll see what happens next time out. I just find it odd that they snapped soo easily.

Anyways, the car has been handling very good. The only thing I have to overcome are the pink car jokes!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

JimmyMac, I'm with you on that I get joked every week for the pink car.....just adds fuel to the fire... As for the belt issue, I'm at a loss...I've been running mod now for the last 2 months and have had no issues......I'm using the original belts. I'm wondering if it could be the low friction belts that have the issues?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Thanks. I ordered some belts. So we'll see what happens next time out. I just find it odd that they snapped soo easily.

Anyways, the car has been handling very good. The only thing I have to overcome are the pink car jokes!
I don't care what color your car is. It's good to have you back in the mix.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Tony. Good to be back. I'll be back at Debbies sometime soon I hope.

Teach, you bring up a good point. I bought two Zeros. One new and one from Chris G here on RCTech. I sold the used one to a friend here. Anyways, the new one has belts with brown teeth. The used one had belts with black teeth. The ones I am breaking are the brown teeth belts. What is everyone else breaking? Black or Brown belts?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Both black and brown. The black one should be stronger but we snap it too. The Brown one is softer and it snap as well.... We had move the motor mount forward for around 5mm and run longer rear belt. It seems to help and give the car a lot more steering too.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com
Both black and brown. The black one should be stronger but we snap it too. The Brown one is softer and it snap as well.... We had move the motor mount forward for around 5mm and run longer rear belt. It seems to help and give the car a lot more steering too.
Sounds like new version bottom chassis coming up lol.

Btw, anyone tried other brand of suspension arm blocks for the front?

I want to narrow the front blocks, did think about using the RF mount and dermal it to fit, but seems like too much art works so I better stop.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DanDan
Sounds like new version bottom chassis coming up lol.

Btw, anyone tried other brand of suspension arm blocks for the front?

I want to narrow the front blocks, did think about using the RF mount and dermal it to fit, but seems like too much art works so I better stop.
I did that when there were no other front blocks availeble, it gives you a lot of front toe on the front susp arms. It works pretty wel Still using it

Regards

Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.