Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Champion

That depends on a lot of things...type of motor, type of esc, size of track, track layout...best thing to do is find out what roll out other racers at your track are using for the class you will be running in.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CuLeX
Anyone know what is the suitable 'pinion' gear while using center 19t n 21t pulley?
Please, please think before you post a question like that.

You have not said what motor you are using or what ESC and what software is on that ESC. It makes a huge difference
Old 12-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That depends on a lot of things...type of motor, type of esc, size of track, track layout...best thing to do is find out what roll out other racers at your track are using for the class you will be running in.
Ok thanks InspGadgt. planning on stock in the future.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just a quick tip from my side if it wasn't mentioned before.
Was fiddling with my TM and Sakura shocks and just put on the TM spring on the Sakura shocks.
Fitted them on the car and shiver me timber they fit perfectly.
A have the top spring platform not on the highest mark and can still get the ride hight that i want.
I fitted the 1.3mm to the rear and the 1.4 to the front.
Ride height is front 5mm and rear 5.5mm and still got room to play and that isn't with the battery in the car
Me happy as i now can use the TM springs that i have plenty in stock.
Won't have to buy me a extra set now

regards Roy

Last edited by Pro10noob; 12-17-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Having the Sakura S for almost a month now. I am so pleased with the car that i want to buy the Sakura Zero now. Car ran great but had a few problems like
melted hexes so bought the 4mm alu and narrow suspension blocks, the bearing housing seemed loose on the gear diff between the bulkhead so i bought the 5mm shims and that solved it, now i need the alu spur adaptor and alu bulkhead since my spur wobbles too much with the plastic spur holder. that is why i want to buy the Zero. Does anyone here knows when the next model like Sakura Zero 2011 will come out? coz if it comes out 1st quarter, i might aswell wait for that.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Some input on the Zero please!

Hi all,

I am working my way through this thread as I'm thinking of maybe getting a Zero as my new TC but I'd really appreciate some help in my decision-making!

It appears that 3Racing have continued to introduce upgrades to this car, which is a good thing, but it makes it kinda hard to keep track of what the current ideal setup is. Could someone list for me the "must-have" upgrades that I would want to order along with the car to maximize it's potential for indoor carpet (moderate to high grip) on rubber tires?

I will continue to work my way through the thread as I'm sure there is lots of good info here but any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 12-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Mike

I have 2 Zero S that you can see... Hopefully racing after Christmas at Karz on 27th and prac. tuesday 28th or 29wednesday at CARCAR. Got a few upgrades.

Cal
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hi all,

I am working my way through this thread as I'm thinking of maybe getting a Zero as my new TC but I'd really appreciate some help in my decision-making!

It appears that 3Racing have continued to introduce upgrades to this car, which is a good thing, but it makes it kinda hard to keep track of what the current ideal setup is. Could someone list for me the "must-have" upgrades that I would want to order along with the car to maximize it's potential for indoor carpet (moderate to high grip) on rubber tires?

I will continue to work my way through the thread as I'm sure there is lots of good info here but any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike
I have raced this car on carpets. Handling wise you need :

-Tamiya springs (yellow and blue) in order to get it fit to the shocks you need to get optional 4mm higher shock twr (front and rear) for my case I also replace the shock bodies and shaft from Tamiya coz its longer * you dont need to do this,you can just use the stock shocks and lengthen the shocks by using a longer shock ball end.

-Narrow suspension block NRF 0 for RF and NRR 3 for RR. Toe in will be 3 deg. The narrow blocks will make the car planted and if thats not enough use 4mm wheel hex too for the rear only.

-Gear diff with 600 -1000 oil. (I use mugen oil not sure if its wt or cst currently using 600)

- Roll center shims. I m using 0.5mm for FF and FR blocks.

Durability wise:

- Get the steel UJ shafts. Esp for the front.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Erhmmmm

You say use the 4mm higer shocktowers? and then you say use a longer ballstud?
Why???
I used the stock shocks with the TM springs and the 4MM higher shock towers and have no problem with the handling and or getting it to the right ride hight.
Please explaine?

regards Roy

Originally Posted by dameetz
I have raced this car on carpets. Handling wise you need :

-Tamiya springs (yellow and blue) in order to get it fit to the shocks you need to get optional 4mm higher shock twr (front and rear) for my case I also replace the shock bodies and shaft from Tamiya coz its longer * you dont need to do this,you can just use the stock shocks and lengthen the shocks by using a longer shock ball end.

-Narrow suspension block NRF 0 for RF and NRR 3 for RR. Toe in will be 3 deg. The narrow blocks will make the car planted and if thats not enough use 4mm wheel hex too for the rear only.

-Gear diff with 600 -1000 oil. (I use mugen oil not sure if its wt or cst currently using 600)

- Roll center shims. I m using 0.5mm for FF and FR blocks.

Durability wise:

- Get the steel UJ shafts. Esp for the front.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Erhmmmm

You say use the 4mm higer shocktowers? and then you say use a longer ballstud?
Why???
I used the stock shocks with the TM springs and the 4MM higher shock towers and have no problem with the handling and or getting it to the right ride hight.
Please explaine?

regards Roy
Because Tamiya springs are longer(so do the HPI springs which I really like when I race on asphalt). If you are not using the 4mm higher towers you ll have problem adjusting the ride height (even without any preload the ride height will be somewhere 8 or 9mm). I believe the TM springs that you are using is the same length as the Sakura.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

The TM springs are a bit longer then the Sakura springs but with the 4mm higher shock tower there isn't any problem.
You are using the longer Tamiya spring then? and not the TC/M03 springs??

regards Roy

Originally Posted by dameetz
Because Tamiya springs are longer(so do the HPI springs which I really like when I race on asphalt). If you are not using the 4mm higher towers you ll have problem adjusting the ride height (even without any preload the ride height will be somewhere 8 or 9mm). I believe the TM springs that you are using is the same length as the Sakura.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
The TM springs are a bit longer then the Sakura springs but with the 4mm higher shock tower there isn't any problem.
You are using the longer Tamiya spring then? and not the TC/M03 springs??

regards Roy
Yes the longer one , I tried the Tamiya short springs and didn't like it, too much roll (feel soft too compare to the longer one even with the same color code with the long one). Anyway the main reason I use longer shocks because of the HPI springs (Silver and Pink) which is so good at my local asphalt track, where I race 90% of the time.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hi!

Now i was on 3 Race Events and the Sakura perform very well

The first and second Race i was TQ and win the Race, at the 3. Race i was 2. after Qualification and finished 2. behind Corally-Teamdriver Marc Fischer.

On my 3. Race i had Problems on Curbs, the Car flipped every time if i touched a Curb.

I've tested Tamiya and Hot Bodies Springs, both feels great, was fast, but Curbs are a Problem

In my last Run my car flips 2 times without touching a Curb, it was very strange. The car don't felt like it have too much grip, the laptimes was okay too, only 0.1-0.2sec slower than marc in average. (17,2 and 17,3-17,4)

Maybe some ouf you have some good working tweaks for that issue ? Whats about the Wishbones, Springs, Rollcenter, Shims under inner Camber Link, Wheelbase and so on ?

Some Key Facts of my Car: Springs HB Gold in Front, HB Pink in Rear, 45WT Oil (15% Rebound), Sorex 28R with JB Blue, Longest Wheelbase, Hard Topdeck, LiPo Chassis, Narrow Mounts in Rear, 5mm Hexes

By the Way ... I've made a improved Setup-Sheet for the Sakura Chassis. I've rewritten all text passages so its clearer to read and the japanese text passages are deleted completly and i've redesigned all check boxes and so on. Now you have the possibility to select Tamiya and Hot Bodies Springs or insert other ones, you can specify which shock retainers you use, How much Shims you put under your inner Camber Links, Informations about used Wishbones, Chassis, Upperdeck, Shock-Towers, Motor Mount and so on and you have now 6-Holes on the Front Shock Tower and 8 in the Rear (depends on which Shock Towers u use). Overall Wheelbase is new as well

Here you have an Screenshot ... It's currently still under development, i think i need one more hour for the PDF-Compatibilty. If it's ready i can share a fully editable Improves Sakura Setup-Sheet.

Someone is interested?
Attached Thumbnails Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-sakura_sheet_preview.jpg  
Old 12-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

I m interested, send me the files when its done
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Here are a few pics of my dual steering mod...
Attached Thumbnails Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-s1.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-s2.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-s3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.