Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Anyone running a VTA-sized spur gear won't be able to get to the motor screws without it, unfortunately. At least it's relatively cheap.
Exactly, running the 48p / 67t I run, the rear one is to get at.
Won't be a problem though, as i'm switching to turbo 17.5

+ EVERYTHING is cheap for this car, coming from a former xray owner.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Any spur gear with no holes in it, or spurs small enough to not have holes (anything for 21.5 motors and up, like the 25.5 VTA spec), you won't even be able to see the rearward motor screw, let alone put a wrench in it.

It IS a necessity if you use higher turn spec motors and need small spur gears.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

I have a 2mm thickness upper deck. Is it hard or soft?

thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
I have a 2mm thickness upper deck. Is it hard or soft?

thanks
Im pretty sure both hard and soft top decks are 2mm, its the shape thats different, the Hard, is thicker in the front half of the top deck. Sheck out the 3R site for pics.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Beseroe,

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't see there is the upper deck showing in the part list. thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Soft upper deck:

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4699

Standard upper deck:

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4700
Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello guys, I know how much droop carpet track?
Who of you has a setup sheet? Thanks
Around with rubber tire
Old 12-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Rookie

I want to change the cvd front constant velocity, are fine as Tamiya, Yokomo?
Old 12-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi sakura users. i nid help.on power out of the corner spins out. i have assembled the sakura s box stock using 50k tornado front diff and stock 2k rear diff. the only upgrade was my aluminum shocks which was exactly the same as sakura but different color. i put in stock slilicone oil front and rear and used L and M shock clip on every shock. we run on concrete track here in cebu, philippines and using exceed 37sh foams. i am using the speed passion 10.5T motor. i am also using rr+30 suspenson mount.

1. what should i adjust to prevent on power from corners?
2. what pinion should i use?

I am also having trouble getting to my pinion unless i remove my motor which is a bother.

3. will changing the upper deck or changing to sakura zero vertical motor mount fix this problem?

currently i have installed 24t pinion and the motor sounds like it needs to go around 26t or 27t. the problem is the 26t pinion and above won't fit past the motor mount if installed on the motor and if i tried installing the pinion while the motor is mounted, my hudy 1.5mm can't get a good fix on the grub screw of the pinion.

4. will changing to vertical mount solve this problem by having a bigger hole through the motor mount?

i am definitely buying the vertical motor mount since it is very hard to tighten the motor mounts through small holes of the spur. my spur is misaligned when i got it (prob a defect). do you have any other recomendations i shud buy other the the list below or should i just quit and buy a t3? i love how the sakura runs but with pinion, spur, and motor mount probs, it makes me tink of getting a t3. i only got the sakura since the parts online was easy to get to.

Ugrades i am buying;

3RAC-WX124/PK = Wheel Adaptor (4mm) - Thick
SAK-05 = Aluminium Gear Adaptor For 3racing Sakura Zero
SAK-13B/WO = Graphite Main Chassis 2.25MM (Narrow) Sakura Zero
SAK-31/PK = Front Bulkhead For 3racing Sakura Zero
SAK-32/PK = Rear Bulkhead For 3racing Sakura Zero
SAK-49 = Damper Spring Set
SAK-63/PK = Narrow Suspension Mount RR+30 (RR3 Degree) Sakura Zero
SAK-66/PK = Vertical Motor Mount For 3racing Sakura Zero
Old 12-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Jezp,
- check your chassis tweak, make sure its flat.
- try use a thicker front diff oil, like 300000. Or better yet a spool.
- You mentioned you are using foam 37tyres, most of us are using rubber tyres. this might be the main cause of your problem. Are you using foam tyres meant for Nitro cars? if yes, are you using the 26mm front foam tyres in the rear?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jezp
hi sakura users. i nid help.on power out of the corner spins out. i have assembled the sakura s box stock using 50k tornado front diff and stock 2k rear diff. the only upgrade was my aluminum shocks which was exactly the same as sakura but different color. i put in stock slilicone oil front and rear and used L and M shock clip on every shock. we run on concrete track here in cebu, philippines and using exceed 37sh foams. i am using the speed passion 10.5T motor. i am also using rr+30 suspenson mount.

1. what should i adjust to prevent on power from corners?
2. what pinion should i use?

I am also having trouble getting to my pinion unless i remove my motor which is a bother.

3. will changing the upper deck or changing to sakura zero vertical motor mount fix this problem?

currently i have installed 24t pinion and the motor sounds like it needs to go around 26t or 27t. the problem is the 26t pinion and above won't fit past the motor mount if installed on the motor and if i tried installing the pinion while the motor is mounted, my hudy 1.5mm can't get a good fix on the grub screw of the pinion.

4. will changing to vertical mount solve this problem by having a bigger hole through the motor mount?

i am definitely buying the vertical motor mount since it is very hard to tighten the motor mounts through small holes of the spur. my spur is misaligned when i got it (prob a defect). do you have any other recomendations i shud buy other the the list below or should i just quit and buy a t3? i love how the sakura runs but with pinion, spur, and motor mount probs, it makes me tink of getting a t3. i only got the sakura since the parts online was easy to get to.

Ugrades i am buying;

3RAC-WX124/PK = Wheel Adaptor (4mm) - Thick
SAK-05 = Aluminium Gear Adaptor For 3racing Sakura Zero
SAK-13B/WO = Graphite Main Chassis 2.25MM (Narrow) Sakura Zero
SAK-31/PK = Front Bulkhead For 3racing Sakura Zero
SAK-32/PK = Rear Bulkhead For 3racing Sakura Zero
SAK-49 = Damper Spring Set
SAK-63/PK = Narrow Suspension Mount RR+30 (RR3 Degree) Sakura Zero
SAK-66/PK = Vertical Motor Mount For 3racing Sakura Zero
I had this problem using rubber tyres, shorten the rear end as the sakura's rear end is wider then the front. Use the narrow rear blocks and you should be fine.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok a newbie here i already bought the Narrow Suspension Mount RR+30 3 Degree, so do i need to buy the SAK-60/PK Narrow Suspension Mount RF-0 also?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CuLeX
Ok a newbie here i already bought the Narrow Suspension Mount RR+30 3 Degree, so do i need to buy the SAK-60/PK Narrow Suspension Mount RF-0 also?
Yes otherwise the toe in won't be 3deg.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Initiate

ok bro..di warisan abis dah..pksatah online ni
Old 12-03-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CuLeX
ok bro..di warisan abis dah..pksatah online ni
Have u check at GHL hobbies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.