R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #856
Tech Elite
 
fleetmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys, not sure whether or not this issue has been covered yet....

I have installed gear diffs front and rear (37t pulley at present) , along with larger layshaft pulleys. Problem is, even with the 21t gear, the front belt is way too tight + with the 22t gears, the front diff couldn't possibly fit , without destroying the belt / bearings etc.

Is there a longer belt available ?? I want to run the 38t diff pulleys + the 22t layshaft pulleys , to get the belt wrap as large as possible - for less drag.
Have I screwed up monumentally somewhere ?? ( it was a late night session )
P.S, I have the new spur gear holder (screw type) and it looks the goods - no more floppy skewed spur gear.
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #857
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hi everyone,

Just got the Sakura and really love the pink..

By the way, just would like some input:

1. Where can I get parts from Australia? I'm base in Melbourne

2. The dot on diff mount, have anyone put it on up position to get the diff lower? or leave it as it is?

3. Any tips or tricks to smooth out the drag on front and rear belts?

4. What is the default rear tower damper mounting holes?

5. Lets share some setup sheets that would be great...

I have just build the car with narrow chassis and in process to put the electric stuffs and lead weight in. the only things I don't like is the ball cups and the belts.

I also have cut the sway bar ball on the arms, and modified it with smaller ball/ball cup from Kawada, so I can use the rear sway bar at the front to get benefit of more vertical linkage to the arms, feel smoother compare to standard, I will take some photos later.





I also found the rear diff 38T is way too close to the spur gear.
DanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #858
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
Hi everyone,

Just got the Sakura and really love the pink..

By the way, just would like some input:

1. Where can I get parts from Australia? I'm base in Melbourne

2. The dot on diff mount, have anyone put it on up position to get the diff lower? or leave it as it is?

3. Any tips or tricks to smooth out the drag on front and rear belts?

4. What is the default rear tower damper mounting holes?

5. Lets share some setup sheets that would be great...

I have just build the car with narrow chassis and in process to put the electric stuffs and lead weight in. the only things I don't like is the ball cups and the belts.

I also have cut the sway bar ball on the arms, and modified it with smaller ball/ball cup from Kawada, so I can use the rear sway bar at the front to get benefit of more vertical linkage to the arms, feel smoother compare to standard, I will take some photos later.





I also found the rear diff 38T is way too close to the spur gear.

Xray belts are a direct swap, so im looking at trying those as i to dont like the kit belts.

Run kit settings, HPI Gold Springs Front, Silver Rear, narrow rear blocks and the lipo chassis and your set.

Set ups have been attached a few pages back.

As for parts, greg fisher (feral batteries) is the Aus dealer for 3 racing Sakura.

My self and Bescore (Brad Vercoe) run the car in Aus, if you have other concerns ask away.

Alex. .
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #859
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: N. Ireland, UK
Posts: 49
Default

I've been waiting for news on the Sakura S, and spotted a dollar price on this page of the 3Racing site. - $121.79!

I'm just wondering what upgrades would be best right off the bat - narrow cf chassis and rear universals seem sensible. Anything else?
colmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #860
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmo View Post
I've been waiting for news on the Sakura S, and spotted a dollar price on this page of the 3Racing site. - $121.79!

I'm just wondering what upgrades would be best right off the bat - narrow cf chassis and rear universals seem sensible. Anything else?
Right off the batt i would get the...

Narrow rear blocks
Steel Uni's in the front
Alloy in the rear

Honestly the narrow chassis is good, but its not a must to make the car go fast
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:42 AM   #861
Tech Addict
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands, Sweet Lake City
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
Xray belts are a direct swap, so im looking at trying those as i to dont like the kit belts.

Run kit settings, HPI Gold Springs Front, Silver Rear, narrow rear blocks and the lipo chassis and your set.

Set ups have been attached a few pages back.

As for parts, greg fisher (feral batteries) is the Aus dealer for 3 racing Sakura.

My self and Bescore (Brad Vercoe) run the car in Aus, if you have other concerns ask away.

Alex. .
You have partnumbers from the Xray Belt's?

Robert
__________________
Sponsored by: Schumacher Racing and Dualsky
Supported by: Shepherd Benelux and Thunder Tiger.
Robert_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #862
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 24
Default

Hi guys.

Been reading a lot in these forums for some time now.

Got my Sakura Zero Chassis about 2 weeks ago. And I'm fairly happy with it's quality and price especially when RC-mushroom put it on a free EMS promo.

I agree with most of the comments made here. The ball connectors are really softer than the other brands.

+1 on that Xray belts' part numbers.
__________________
www.dubdrift.com

Tamiya M-05 ~ Tamiya Volac MS
3Racing Sakura Zero ~ HobbyWing 60A/13T Motor
laNcE_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #863
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sheffield England
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laNcE_08 View Post
Hi guys.

Been reading a lot in these forums for some time now.

Got my Sakura Zero Chassis about 2 weeks ago. And I'm fairly happy with it's quality and price especially when RC-mushroom put it on a free EMS promo.

I agree with most of the comments made here. The ball connectors are really softer than the other brands.

+1 on that Xray belts' part numbers.
I have been running my Sakura since they first arrived in the UK I got the first one from ABE Racing I have bent a couple of the long balls but I am still on the original plastic cups so they cant be that bad
__________________
Team Powers UK Ltd
RGT Uk
martynp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #864
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 24
Default

Yes they are good enough.

I am using Tamiya's low friction adjusters (53601) all around with the titanium turnbuckles and the pink ball connectors. They are tight at first but after some slow runs, they start to slip in. Much less play compared to the kit's adjusters.

But all-in-all, it's one of the best value over price kits out there.
__________________
www.dubdrift.com

Tamiya M-05 ~ Tamiya Volac MS
3Racing Sakura Zero ~ HobbyWing 60A/13T Motor
laNcE_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #865
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Well I didn't get to order mine last week as I had hoped due to finances...but I do plan to order it this coming Friday! I'm really anxious to get into a new TC
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #866
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
You have partnumbers from the Xray Belt's?

Robert
XRAY T3 parts
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_117_263

Sakura Zero Parts
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_121_271
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #867
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 26
Default

The new Chassis...is very very narrow!!!!

Who have a new chassis?
Attached Thumbnails
Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-20101021002428_foto1.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-20101021002338_foto.jpg  
lucapatrizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #868
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Day after tomorrow I'll be ordering mine!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #869
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

i'm using them....quite good...
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #870
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
Right off the batt i would get the...

Narrow rear blocks
Steel Uni's in the front
Alloy in the rear

Honestly the narrow chassis is good, but its not a must to make the car go fast
I broke an alloy uni in the front yesterday, so I see why you suggest steel for the front. Why do you suggest retaining the alloy for the rear? Is it just that there isn't as much load on the rear and alloy is just "good enough" there?
Oggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adelaide Electric Radio Control Car Club Inc penmark67 Australian Racing 6824 07-10-2014 05:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net